PDA

View Full Version : A day at the track!

GreyhoundDaddy
07-04-2005, 11:04 PM
As is the norm, I went down and got some fantastic pics. All I'll add are the names of the hounds where applicable...I'll let them do the talking for me :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612Race5FirstPass.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612RebelRedfeather.jpg
Rebel Redfeather

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612RooftopBell.jpg
Rooftop Bell

Here's something that's pretty cool... as I was looking through the program & recognized a hound that I have pics of from a previous trip to the track... I give you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612RuthChloeFlyin.jpg
Ruth Chloe leavin and...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/531RuthChloe.jpg
Ruth Chloe comin'! I thought this was REALLY cool when I noticed it... two different trips.. pics of the same hound from different perspectives.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612SierraDane.jpg
Sierra Dane

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612TobysCaddy.jpg
Toby's Caddy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/612WheelNDealJason.jpg
Wheel N Deal Jason

and my favorite Caliente hound... Dino Tar!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/coachgrieber/Caliente/327DinoTar.jpg
86lbs of good lookin' hounddog!

delidog
07-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Wow!!!
great action shots!!!!
Beautiful Dogs!!!
Which track is that??
We have one very close to us...
Haven't been there in awhile...maybe i'll take a trip there

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 08:20 AM
I live in San Diego, and while greyhound racing for some stupid reason is illegal here in CA, there's a track down in Mexico that's a 10 minute cabride from the border called "Caliente".

I believe the track at Sanford-Orlando might be closest to you.. I'm not exactly sure bout FL geography :(

Pawsitive Thinking
07-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Fantastic! We have a track near to where I live and have spent many an evening there - I love going to meet the dogs after they've raced - such beauty and power! Thank you for the gorgeous pictures

delidog
07-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Greyhound Daddy,
Yes, I know where Caliente is...used to work in San Diego
Rancho Santa Fe...
Orlando is close...
But we have one in Palm Beach that is closer...
Maybe this weekend...
Of course,I have to be Careful,Because they always have Adopt A GreyHound there...Soooo Tempting!!! ;)
They are Such Beautiful,Kind Animals...Just Gotta Love Them!!

K9soul
07-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Stunning pic, the hounds are achingly beautiful and majestic. Is that the same track where Phar Lap (Aussie/NZ racehorse) ran his last race? Again, exquisitely beautiful photos and I thank you for sharing them.

k9krazee
07-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Beautiful pictures!! What a bunch of truley amazing hounds!!!

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 03:44 PM
wow, awesome action pictures!! :cool:

for some reason they made me shivered.. hope everyone after the race is allright! :)

caseysmom
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
I think it is illegal in california because it creates a lot of homeless greyhounds after they are done racing them. I agree with the law 100 percent.

finn's mom
07-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Those are great shots! They're incredible looking when they're running. That last greyhound is gorgeous! They're leg muscles are crazy!!

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
I think it is illegal in california because it creates a lot of homeless greyhounds after they are done racing them. I agree with the law 100 percent.

really? :( I searched more on laws about them..found this - said this bloody sport is illegal in most states, about 30. :( :(

http://www.greyhounds.org/

and can't believe how much those greyhounds could suffer. well, at first I thought I didn't liked how they must run everyday.. I meant no fight but I found this surprisingly upset and didn't realized there's so much pains for these dogs.. I liked those action kind pictures, in general anyway.

crsvstang
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Those are great pictures & beautiful dogs!

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
How about you anti-racing zealots stick to the subject. You don't know a damn thing about the industry other than what people tell you. Spend 1/10th the amount of time around the folks that I know and maybe your narrowmindedness will broaden. Instead of calling it names like "bloodsport" how bout you go help the MILLIONS of shelter anuimals that die lonely deaths each year as opposed to greyhounds that might have 3,000 put down anually.

If you want to see how greys are raised and not buy into crap such as the link provided in the previous post I suggest you do it and do a little self-education

www.followthathound.com

Go lok at the pics of the puppies, racers and pets.. only blood you'll ever find is from the puppies rough-housing with one another.

caseysmom
07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I am not a zealout, just talked to a lot of folks at dog parks that rescue greyhounds after they are done with them. It just appears to me that it exploits the animals...I am no expert but I am certainly entitled to my opinion.

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
sigh, I didn't wanted to fight..

I was only quoting what the site said. when I did a search of greyhound racing, I didn't see a good one but the link you provided sounds better.

yet, the point I was looking at, why is it illegal? that's all my concern is. sorry -

lizbud
07-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by GreyhoundDaddy
I live in San Diego, and while greyhound racing for some stupid reason is illegal here in CA, there's a track down in Mexico that's a 10 minute cabride from the border called "Caliente".

:(

Good for California.:D and the other 33 states that ban racing
for profit.:D

luvofallhorses
07-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I have to put my opinion in here. I care about the greyhounds and the heat is hot and I don't think it's fair to the dogs. I am anti-racing because I have strong feelings on this subject and that's all I am going to say. :)

PJ's Mom
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Good for California.:D and the other 33 states that ban racing
for profit.:D

I agree. :)

K9soul
07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
GD, I realize how hard it is to constantly face the charges of cruelty and other accusations, especially when I know how deeply you love your girl and the breed and seeing them do what they were bred to do, but I still feel blowing up and getting angry won't help people see the other side. I personally learned a lot and thought about it all a lot when Martin (jcsperson) took the time to really give out facts from the other side of the issue and addressed a lot of things directly that organizations like greyhounds.org presents. Until then, I had heard, read, and saw (on television) one side consistently all while I grew up, and I fully admit I was quite biased against the whole thing. There are things I am still against, however it is more specific to those who do things wrong and irresponsibly rather than generalizing and targeting the whole organization.

I guess one of the strongest factors for me is it would break my heart to see the pure line of performance hounds die out, and only leave us with the horribly inbred AKC bred hounds. There are horror stories with anything involving animals and humans. I wouldn't want to see all breeding outlawed because of puppymill breeders, for example. There are people who are campaigning to ban the Iditarod race too, claiming it is inhumane, cruel, that dogs are bred and destroyed if they don't make the cut, etc. But we have mushers here who give us views from the other side too. Just some things to keep in mind.

I think it's unfortunate that this beautiful picture thread was turned into a debate, when it wasn't intended to do so. GD just wanted to share the beauty of the racers.

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
I have to put my opinion in here. I care about the greyhounds and the heat is hot and I don't think it's fair to the dogs. I am anti-racing because I have strong feelings on this subject and that's all I am going to say. :)

I doubt you've ever been to a track.. so what do you base your 'caring' on?

Do you feel the same about horseracign as well? ;)

Now, how bout you AR zealots back off and admire the pics. Nobody asked for
1. you to open the thread or
2. for your opinion

finn's mom
07-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by GreyhoundDaddy
How about you anti-racing zealots stick to the subject. You don't know a damn thing about the industry other than what people tell you.

Ya know, I was about to post how I was disappointed that this thread couldn't stay on track. I knew there was no way this could just be about the nice photos. It's a relatively predictable site when it comes to things like this. But, then I read what you posted in response. Instead of educating people you're claiming to be uneducated, you just basically did the same thing they're doing. Name calling. Some of the people in here that are against racing may be against it because it's what they've been told to be against. But, there are some that have educated themselves, and, have seen the ugly side of racing. It is narrow-minded to only see one side of the coin, you're right about that. But, it's also narrow-minded to assume that just because someone is against something that you love, it's only because of what they've heard through the media.

I was really hoping that this wouldn't go this way, and, I was honestly disappointed to see that it had veered off track. But, the title of the thread is apparent. I was hoping that people would just ignore the thread if they were against racing. But, I was also hoping that the poster would be able to coolly and pleasantly handle the negative posts that were inevitably going to pop up. Anyway, I'm bummed that I didn't get to say exactly what I had planned. C'est la vie.

dukedogsmom
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Very well said, Kari.

luvofallhorses
07-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Sorry if my opinion offended anyone :( It wasn't my intention.

Kfamr
07-05-2005, 05:44 PM
-sigh- :(

Jessica, Kari.. your posts were very well-said and thank you for keeping your cool. I wish everyone were capable of that.

While I had admired the photos, I stayed away because I knew that someone was going to disagree and in return get lashed at.

.powerful
07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Amazing pictures!!! THose dogs are gorgeous!

Karen
07-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Be nice, everyone.

Corinna
07-05-2005, 06:24 PM
This the same stuff Glacier gets when she posts her sled dogs. People these animals were created for their jobs if they don't do it they get bored. I agree there are abuses just as in any thing including owning pets(collectors) . It's fine to say if you agree or disagree but remember it's the bad ones not our family here. Plus before answering please please do home work more than one web site get a balanced veiw.

Giselle
07-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
This the same stuff Glacier gets when she posts her sled dogs. People these animals were created for their jobs if they don't do it they get bored. I agree there are abuses just as in any thing including owning pets(collectors) . It's fine to say if you agree or disagree but remember it's the bad ones not our family here. Plus before answering please please do home work more than one web site get a balanced veiw.

Thank you. Comments made on photos do not need to reflect *your* personal opinions. If you like the photos and the subject, say you like it- nothing more is needed. A simple ":)" can and does suffice.

Personally, I love GD's pictures and I think they represent the beauty of Greyhounds. Thank you for sharing (but I have a feeling I'll see this same thread of GT, eh?). ;)

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Nah.. this was an old post there that I slapped on here... I dont think they'll be getting anymore more of my money or pics :)

lizbud
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Giselle
Thank you. Comments made on photos do not need to reflect *your* personal opinions. If you like the photos and the subject, say you like it- nothing more is needed. A simple ":)" can and does suffice.

I was not commenting on photos of racing dogs, but wanted
to put a finer point on the opinion expressed about Cal.
outlawing professional dog racing. He expressed an opinion and
stated a fact & so did I. That's when he lost his cool and posted
something he's since deleted. That's it.

Suki Wingy
07-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Wow. Those dogs are simply aw inspiring, same as the racing thoroughbreds. They make me go :eek: :D :eek:

anna_66
07-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Such awesome pictures! They are truly magnificant dogs.

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I apologize for going off half cocked. But, when you walk in my shoes as an adopter and racing owner, then you might think differently.

I'm not going to get into a whole debate about the pro's and con's about racing.. there are many on both sides. But, it's been MY first hand experience, that racing isn't as bad as it's painted out to be. There are a good many people who do wonderfully by their racers.. far more than don't I might add.

I'm not looing at the racing world through rose colored glasses... nor are those who are in support of racing. There are indeed bad apples out there and they are the ones that we ALL have to work on changing their mindset.

Greyhound adoption is a relatively new phenomenae. Not long ago, racing owners had no idea people would want their hounds as pets. But, with the advent of the internet and adoption groups throughout the country, racing owners are coming around. What has to be kept in mind too is that A LOT of the breeders out there are off in the middle of the country where perhaps for them getting on the internet isn't a priority. Raising their hounds is.. and belive me.... running a greyhound farm or an active racing kennel leaves very little time for things outside of the care of the dogs.

Again, I apologize for snapping and/or lashing out at those who expressed a differing opinion.. I should've taken the opportunity to help shed light on things as opposed to getting snotty. I'd be GLAD to help dispell or confirm things folks have heard... if they're interested that is.

K9soul
07-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Post much appreciated GD :). Like I said, I certainly understand your frustration, standing in your shoes. I think Martin or someone should take all the information I've seen him share and make a web page or FAQ page with it that all you involved in racing, whether it be participating in or supporting it, can link or quote from that explains the other side and directly refutes some of the information floating around out there. He writes so eloquently and does such an excellent job explaining the pro-racing stance from what I've seen reading his past posts here, his posts on GT, and a few PM dicussions. That way every time these things come up on whatever forum you are on, you'd have something you could direct people to so you didn't have to try and explain everything each time. What you are saying about there being responsible people in racing as well as some bad apples makes sense to me, and is true of many human/animal related sports and activities.

wolfsoul
07-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Great pics! :) We don't have tracks here -- maybe there aren't any in Canada; but I do look forward to seeing the lure chasing that goes on in my province.

I believe that there are good sides and bad sides to every dog sport. I believe that people bidding on dogs and horses and whatnot is a bad idea because it encourages people to have dogs only to make profit. I do support racing though -- racing and sledding are no different. It's dogs having fun and doing what they're bred to do. The thrill of the race, good exercise, all that jazz. You can make profit in any dog sport. You can get up to $10,000 in ACA agility. There's a conformation show coming up nearby here, and the prize for BIS is $10,000. Is every dog sport bad? Agility, conformation, flyball, dock diving, retrieving, herding, baying, treeing, sledding, ETC? Because there are cash prizes in many of these events and therefore might encourage people to do it only for money. I am a believer that the majority of people are involved in such activities for their dog/breed. :)

Vette
07-05-2005, 08:45 PM
What are those funky muzzle looking things for,, do they try to bite each other while running,, or does it keep mud and stuff off their nose and face?

very pretty dogs and great pictures!

Toby's my baby
07-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow! Awsome pictures!

I absolutly love greyhounds. My brother adopted two, retired greyhounds, and they are absoluly stunning! I hope I can have one of my own someday.... -sigh-

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 08:46 PM
well folks,

I never wanted to post something to make this thread worse at all as I was stating the facts. in my first post without thinking you meant to harm them, and found it was just illegal then I felt stupid. and wanted share what I feel about seeing those photos since they were in this thread. in someway I still think it'd be good to share our opinions nicely so we can learn something new or more around here. just like me.. :p

unlikely the others who think we shouldn't say a thing, avoid...those photos would just come in still, continue upsetting some of us. but this happened then the last of your, greyhoundaddy's post, wouldn't be here for us to understand you more, your good side. and thank you greyhoundaddy, I'd prefer to hear your side. I feel a little better now. :)

wolfsoul
07-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Vette
What are those funky muzzle looking things for,, do they try to bite each other while running,, or does it keep mud and stuff off their nose and face?
It's just so they don't bite eachother when they run. :)

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Vette

very pretty dogs and great pictures!
The muzzles they are wearing are standard racing muzzles that are used in the US and Mexico.

while racing, their instinct (and training) is to chase the lure, not to attack or fight with dogs they are racing with. Though the muzzles do offer a bit of protection from any bites they are used primarily for photo-finishes.

wolfsoul
07-05-2005, 08:58 PM
That's interesting -- I've heard that some dogs are particularly competitive and may bite another dog and that that is the main reason for the muzzles. Although I have only seen one lure chasing event in "real life" and no fights broke out, and the dogs never even wore muzzles.

delidog
07-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Greyhound Dad..
Sorry this became an Unpleasant Experience...I LOVE your Photos and Your Dogs!!!
I worked in Thoroughbred Racing and Show Jumping for Years..Let me Think...San Diego...Hap Hansen???
World Cup?? San Diego Park??
I know that One goes Into the Business for the Love of the Animal.....But When All is Said and Done...It is Still a Business.
People Like You & I know How to Seperate the Two...
We also Know that there are Bad Eggs out there that give a Good Business a Bad Name....and so it goes...
If Everybody Knew What it Takes to get to The Kentucky Derby...or The Triple Crown....There would Be No Racing...
But that is the Thrill of it!!!!
Really Being the Best of the Best...Legitimately!!! Makes it All Worth While!!!!
Please Keep Posting Pics of Your Beautiful Athletes!!!!
The Magnificent Greyhounds!!!!

Vette
07-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Oh! thanks GreyhoundDaddy. :D
i never would have guessed that that.

though i didnt think they were biters either.
when not raceing,, do they get along with other dogs and animals of all sizes?

i havent had the pleasure to meet on in person.
but would love to have one day. :D i seem to have taken a real likeing to dog breeds with funky body structures. :D

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
That's interesting -- I've heard that some dogs are particularly competitive and may bite another dog and that that is the main reason for the muzzles. Although I have only seen one lure chasing event in "real life" and no fights broke out, and the dogs never even wore muzzles.

Well, I'm here to help dispell rumors :)

If a hound is particularly disruptive during a race s/he will get what's called an 'interference line'. If s/he get's 3 of these lines, it is not permitted to race.. ANYWHERE and is put into adoption.

It's not always a sign of aggression either. Some hounds are just downright playful and goofy.. and have no real interest in racing. so when they are out running and there are others out there with them, they might see that as an opportunity to 'play'.

Go to a dogpark (as I'm sure you have)... and see how dogs of all different breeds interact with one another... they snap at, nip at, lunge at each other and the VAST majority of the time there's no harm done.

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Vette,

Greyhounds are like any other dog... just faster :cool: They all have their own distinct personalities. Some get along just fine with other pets... cats, rats, ferrats, small dogs, big dogs... whatever.

Some, too cannot be left alone with other pets...If someone is going to adopt, it's the responsibility of the adoption representative to take into account the prospective adopters living situation and find a hound that is best suited for him/her.

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 09:31 PM
I too, hope you wouldn't stop posting these pictures.

I thought of a question, do they run around the track once once a year? or is there any kind of tournament?

interference line is cool to know!

GreyhoundDaddy
07-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh no.. they run quite often. A healthy hound will run his/her ace every 3-4 days.

Each track wil hold a series of "Stakes Races" throughout the racing season. The stakes races are for big money and are usually run over the course of 2-3 weeks.

Take my hound for instance, she ran 53 races. Which isn't a whole lot, but I know of others who have raced well over 150 times and a rare few over 200. f course, to race that many times, the hound has to be an exceptional runner.

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
wow, greyhounds are busy! I guess they're the fastest ones.

thanks for the answer. :) once again, love these pictures!

Giselle
07-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Adding to what GD said...

Vette,

Greyhounds, just like all dogs and people, have varying temperaments. Before ex-racers are adopted out, they are tested with cats (to check if they're cat-safe), small dogs (to see if they're small dog-safe), small rodents and birds (to see if they're small animal-safe), AKA their prey drive. However, these tests are very general and, imo, artificial. Therefore, a "cat friendly'' Grey at the adoption group might turn anti-Kitty at the adopter's house. So, just as it's the adoption representative's responsibility to match the right Grey with the right home, it's also the new owner's responsibility to ensure the safety of all household pets.

But yes, many Greyhounds share their homes with multiple dogs of all sizes, multiple cats, and a wide array of small animals. For what it's worth, I own a Greyhound, a Pekingese, four budgies, and one cockatiel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/IMG_1806.jpg
;)

cocker_luva
07-05-2005, 10:37 PM
awesome pics

finn's mom
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
unlikely the others who think we shouldn't say a thing, avoid...

I don't know if you're referring to me, but, just in case you are. I never said that people shouldn't say a thing, and avoid the subject. I just think that there's a time and place for everything. I didn't think a thread about a proud greyhound owner posting photos of a sport he loves was appropriate grounds for debating the subject of the greyhound racing. It would be just as uncalled for if someone started bashing sled dog racing when photos of huskies pulling was posted. I'm all for voicing opinions, in a tactful way. And, I'm not saying that you did it untactfully. I just didn't think that this was the appropriate thread for that.

And, GreyhoundDaddy, I hope I haven't permanently offended you. I was just saddened by your initial reaction, because these kinds of things usually go really sour really quickly. I'm so glad that the thread has been brought back to being a good one, though. People will have the opportunity again to learn another viewpoint, and, that's what I was afraid was lost.

I hope you understand where I was coming from. I do understand a knee jerk reaction when you are passionate about something that the general public has the opposite opinion on. I can totally see how that would be frustrating and would get really old. I'm sure you are tired of hearing about it, as I know I would be. I'm glad that the thread has gone this way. I still think the photos are beautiful. :)

Kari

Kfamr
07-05-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm glad this thread didn't continue to become sour. :)

Thank you for apologizing GreyhoundDaddy, although what you said wasn't towards me, I appreciate it.

sandragonfly
07-05-2005, 11:14 PM
finn, I understand your point of view. like I said since this happened in this thread, it's such a waste making thread upon dis/agree of racing greys and start a fight.

I'd be quite as upset as greyhounddaddy was but if I see a concern post where someone would like to make a post...without judging and name callings, I don't think that's wrong as long as things are being said nicely.

finn's mom
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
finn, I understand your point of view. like I said since this happened in this thread, it's such a waste making thread upon dis/agree of racing greys and start a fight.

I'd be quite as upset as greyhounddaddy was but if I see a concern post where someone would like to make a post...without judging and name callings, I don't think that's wrong as long as things are being said nicely.

Ok. :)

Corinna
07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I just love the pictures its like watching the horses race the muscles working as they should . It's amazing how God could have created such beauty, all athletes human and animal just give me shivers watching them .
Thanks for the pics I have enjoyed them as much as I do Glaciers sled pullers working.

Vette
07-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Ohh!!! your the one of the bendy nose Grey. i remeber your dogs now. :D LOL i used to have your bendy nose set as a wallpaper once

thanks for the info you two. :D

delidog
07-06-2005, 06:51 AM
Great Pics!!!!!
Keep them coming!!!

gemini9961
07-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Those are beautiful dogs. Look at those muscles. I too at one time did not like the idea of racing. I guess it was the bad rap the owners would get after the dogs was done racing. I am very thankful that greyhound adoption has gotten so popular over the years as this now affords me the chance to own a beautiful dog such as those pictured in this thread. I now know that these dogs were bred to do this. This is what they do, what they love to do. We can't be upset because they were bred this way. As with all animals if they are well cared for and loved who are we to judge. Like Glacier's dogs, they are well taken care of and loved beyond belief and we all love to see her pics. I'm not going to say anything negative about his posts unless he shows me that the dogs are not taken care of and are abused, until then I will thoroughly enjoy his pics of these wonderful creatures.

Suki Wingy
07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
wow, racing hounds race a lot more than racing thoroughbreds! I still love both sports, and I am lucky enough to have a track of each not too far away!

GreyhoundDaddy
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I'd highly suggest visiting a greyhound track!

Admission is typically VERY cheap... racing programs to follow the hounds are a buck.. maybe alittle more... you dont HAVE to bet (When I go, I never bet.. I just take pics of the dogs).

A lot of tracks do weekend promotions to entice folks to come out and watch the hounds.. I know the tracks in Jacksonville, Florida have $.25 Fridays... everything, admission, programs, hot dogs, soda.. (Beers are half price... wouldn't you know it ;) )

Not only that, but you can get SO close to the track and get a really up close and personal look at the hounds and then when they run past you... it's like rolling thunder!!

manda_moo87
07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
*sigh* ...how I love greys, they are so beautiful.

delidog
07-06-2005, 09:37 PM
More Pics of Your Beautiful Dogs!!!!!! Please????