PDA

View Full Version : Freak Thing Happened

sammi
02-16-2002, 10:18 PM
I had to tell you about this as not much ever happens to Buddy that warrents to write about.
This afternoon Buddy came in the house with this old bone (left over from a dog long ago) the round kind that you find in like round steak I guess - he was chewing away and I was thinking that I would throw that bone when he wasn't looking! He let out a yelp and I looked and here he had the bone caught around his lower jaw wedged behind his two fangs! My husband and I tried to get it off. I got the oil out and the butter and oiled his teeth, mouth but nothing and when you tried to moved it around it must have pinched him and he would yelp. My husband also tried his tiny hack saw to see if we could saw the bone but it was rock hard (while we attempted this Buddy just sat so nice and still). Called the Vet and he said to bring him in and he would need to put him under to get it off! Now the closest vet is 45 miles away. We started out and I heard a klink and Buddy had got it out finally by himself!!! I was so relieved as I felt so sorry for him. He is very tired out tonight as I think he got frightened.:eek: :eek:

Logan
02-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Sammi!! How frightening!!! I'm so glad your Buddy is ok and you didn't have to make the long drive to the vet to get the bone out.......Yikes!! :eek:

Hug Buddy real tight for me.......ooooooh how scary!!! :eek:

Karen
02-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Poor Buddy! :( Mean old bone :mad: . Glad everything worked out BEFORE you drove, and Buddy suffered for 45 minutes more!

tatsxxx11
02-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Oh Boy!!!!:eek: Good boy Buddy!!!! Those darn bones can really give us humans a scare sometimes!! What a day! Thankfully Buddy took the situation in paw, and a long drive and trip to the white coats, and a long snooze, wern't necessary. Poor Sammi and Co...Take a nice, quiet nap today Buddy!!! You must be exhausted! Phew!

Pam
02-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Buddy I'm so glad everything worked out OK for you. You furkids sure do take years off the lives of your humans! Hope you have learned a little something from that experience (watch what you put in your mouth next time! :D ) but I'm sure you probably haven't! My Bella wouldn't have learned anything either! :rolleyes: Us humans have to have eyes in the back of our heads!

Sudilar
02-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Wow! Who would've thought that that could happen!!!! :eek: So glad everything turned out OK!

Logan
02-17-2002, 05:23 PM
You can see him over at Jackie's Site. He is wonderful!!!

http://communities.msn.com/fortheloveofdogs

sammi
02-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Thank you Logan for posting the link to Buddy's picture (he is dog of the week )!
Buddy is a spit fire today! Got all rested last night and has been going strong since 6am! LOL:eek: :D :eek:

AdoreMyDogs
02-17-2002, 07:52 PM
Oh my that must have been a terrible scare! The stress that our animals cause us sometimes :) I am glad he didn't have to go to the vets.

Buddy is SO beautiful, by the way!!! He's labbie perfection!