PDA

View Full Version : Glacier's 8 Cats!

sandragonfly
07-04-2005, 12:43 PM
here's special thread for your, glacier's cats! as I've did this thread of glacier's 21 doggies (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=1179770), I'd love to hear about your cats too!

you mentioned you had 8 cats and 9 in your heart.. please share! :)

kittycats_delight
07-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes please do. I think it would be awesome to see them all and know their stories. I thoroughly enjoyed the thread on the doggies. They are soo sweet and beautiful. I would love to see the same for the kitties.:D

Glacier
07-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Okey dokey, Gina....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/glacier_baby.jpg
My first kitty was Glacier. He was born to a stray, but not feral momma cat under a friend's deck when I lived down south. He obviously had a different daddy than his littermates. Momma and all the other kittens were long-haired, solid chocolate brown. Glacier was the only siamese cross. He's a lovely boy. All the other cats adore him and he's often found at the bottom of a fur pile.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/pete_naps.jpg
When Glacier was a year old, Pete joined the family. Pete was only three weeks old when I got him. His momma was a barn cat who vanished. The rest of his litter did not survive. I bottle fed Pete for a couple weeks and Glacier took over the other duties of a momma cat--Glacier does not know he is a neutered male! Glacier and Pete are still inseparable. Pete had major urinary tract problems and had to fly to Saskatchwan a couple years ago for surgery. Glacier yowled non-stop for two weeks while Pete was gone! Pete has recovered and is purrfectly healthy now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/dom_lick.jpg
Dominique was our first Yukon adoption. She was found as a very young kitten wandering a busy street. She was always fearless! Dominique passed away on May 26, 2005. She somehow got out of the house when we were not home and into the dogs' area. They have never seen an outdoor kitty and Dominique had no fear of dogs. She loved them. Unfortunately, those things combined to cause her death. I miss the little spitfire every second of every day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/ivy2.jpg
Ivy came from the local humane society in January 2001. She was born there in December 2000, adopted and then returned when the couple broke up. She's a princess and expects to be treated as such. She ignores the other cats most of the time as they are mere commoners! Since Dominique died, Ivy had taken over sleeping in her spot--under the covers beside me sharing my pillow! Ivy is the cleanest cat who ever lived. She spends hours grooming herself and me--i am covered in Hoomin germs after all!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/pissedpolly.jpg
Polly Paws came from the Animal Control pound where she was to be euthanized. She was feral and had been trapped as a nuisance animal. She's tamed up quite a bit, but she still hates me and Onyx. She adores my husband and follows him around mewing her fool head off until he pets her! She has 28 claws!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/onyxer.jpg
Next came Onyx. He was left outside the shelter doors with his littermates as young kittens. His sisters got adopted in no time, but solid black cats tend to stay at our shelter for a long time.He was a five month old kitten when he got here. Polly Paws hated him from day one and four years later she still thinks he should leave her home! Fortunately, for her, Onyx is a gentle giant and he just avoids her as much as he can. He's a big love bug, weighs 20 pounds and squeaks like a kitten when he meows!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/beauty.jpg
Felicia the mini-mite showed up next. She was also a shelter kitty. She was rejected by her own momma and brought to the shelter as they had a nursing momma who took Felicia in. Felicia was born without an elbow joint in one front leg. It's fused at a 90 degree angle and she can't use it. Don't tell her she's handicapped. She doesn't have a clue!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/twicky.jpg
Twicket joined us two years ago. He's our senior citizen at over 15 years old. He's also a lap fungus kitty and would prefer to never walk again. He would like his hoomin slaves to carry him everywhere! He's a doll! I still can't comprehend how someone could have dumped him after caring for him for 13 years!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/Boots/boots_bag.jpg
The most recent addition is Boots. Dominique sent him to me a week after her death. He was at the shelter and she made sure we found each other. The other cats accepted him like he had always been here. He's a sweetheart with an instant purr feature--pick him up, he purrs! He has helped my broken heart heal a little bit.

And that's the feline kids....that didn't take nearly as long as the dogs to type out!!;)

Queen of Poop
07-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh thank you, thank you. What a beautiful bunch of kitties. As I said before with the doggies thread, you and your husband are truly wonderful people looking after all these wayward fur babies.

kittycats_delight
07-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
She has 28 claws!!!

When I read this I said "WOW...how many toes does that make on each foot? 7?" Quite a beautiful and special kitty. All your furbabies are gorgeous and I love the little stories. They are so touching. It breaks my heart to read about Dominque. She was sooo sweet and beautiful. I am soo glad she sent you Boots to help heal your heart even if just a little. She will always be watching over you and the others as will Hoodoo. It seems you had a heart kitty in Dominque and a heart puppy in Hoodoo. Thank you for sharing your wonderful furfamily. I thoroughly enjoyed them each and everyone. :D

sandragonfly
07-04-2005, 01:32 PM
:D :D :D

I really enjoyed reading every of them..when I got to boots.. oh no, it's last one!!? :)

what another great furfamily you saved. I don't think I've ever seen domq, polly paws, felicia, and onyx maybe? I'm very sorry about your little spitfire.. but I'm sure hoodoo enjoying this fireball who's play hard as well. :) I guess she deserves so much to have boots be sent down.

oh hey, have you thought about taking in Limp? (the latest cat you saw..the one I wanted so bad!) :)

once again, thank you!! I love this kind of thread, many hearts in one. one of few favorite threads for sure. and of course, all of your little lovely hearts bless your heart! :) :)

edit: I meant she, not he.

dukedogsmom
07-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Loved reading about your cats, too. I can't believe someone could abandon Twicket like that. I think it's great that you've given so many animals that might not have had a chance a wonderful home.

finn's mom
07-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post all the photos of your beautiful pets (dogs and cats alike). And, for the wonderful stories that always accompany them. Your's is absolutely one of my favorite names to see on my screen, as I know I will always learn something or hear something wonderful or heartfelt or intelligent. And, I am guaranteed beautiful animals and breathtaking scenery in every photo you post!

And, these threads were a great idea, Gina!

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks Glacier for posting your kittys and their stories too! They're all adorable! :D

Daisy and Delilah
07-04-2005, 05:14 PM
We had to come over to see this thread as we enjoyed the one in Dog General so much. Glacier, they are so beautiful and so happy and healthy. You never cease to amaze us here at Pet Talk. You're an amazing lady with an amazing hubby. Doesn't the world need more people like you? Bless you dear lady!!:D

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

rg_girlca
07-04-2005, 05:32 PM
What a delight it was to meet all your gorgeous furkids and read how each one came to be in their forever home with you guys.

I think ALL your cats are adorable, but my heart has always been with Twicket. I just love that guy to pieces. Kiss that adorable sweet face of his for me please Glacier.

I just finished reading about your dogs. I never knew that you had 21 of them. :eek: They are all such gorgeous animals. You and your hubby are truly saints for saving all of these dogs and cats. Bless you both.

catmandu
07-04-2005, 06:53 PM
THAT IS REALLY GREAT ,TO SEE YOUR CATS,AND IN ABOUT EIGHT DAYS,THE FOUND CATS,HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL,FOR GLACIERS CATS,TO PLAY WITH.
PLEASE MR POSTMAN.
EIGHT DAYS,TO THE FAR NORTH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture555.jpg

WE HOPE,THAT THEY LOVE OUR LOVE OFFERING!!!

moosmom
07-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Glacier,

You have such beautiful cats! I just loved reading about them all!

He's also a lap fungus kitty

THAT had me ROFLMAO!!!!

captain
07-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Did I miss one?

Which one was Pete????? :)

I seemed to match all kitties, except for him. Am I sleeping???

But once again, WOW. Truly amazing.

Sonia59
07-05-2005, 06:31 AM
All your furbabies are wonderful, thanks for the summary and pictures! I am not in the PT since a long time, so it was useful to me. I always read your posts because I am sure there will be nice stories and great pics! I have to go to the dogs now!

catnapper
07-05-2005, 06:51 AM
:) I loved those little tales! I never knew thier stories (Except Boots of course!) I've always known you had gorgeous cats, but now I know them! :)

sirrahbed
07-05-2005, 07:20 AM
What a good idea for a thread Gina!

Glacier, you have a wonderful way of describing and introducing your babies - I loved reading about each of them, seeing the pictures and getting to know them better:) Oh my, I wonder if YOU have to avoid Ms Polly Paws too?? Boots is the most recent PT kitty that I just adore and love seeing. Twicket is another that I wish I could scoop up and hug - so sweet and beautiful. All of your babies are gorgeous...thank you!!

furrykidsmother
07-05-2005, 08:28 AM
It is nice to have the whole story about them. I remember when Dominique died, that was heartbreaking and I remember how she sent Boots to you. It is nice to know and see the rest of the family now. I will have to search for the post on dogs. Thank you for the wonderful pictures and stories.

Glacier
07-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
When I read this I said "WOW...how many toes does that make on each foot? 7?"

She has seven on each back paw, 8 on one front paw and 6 on the other.

Glacier
07-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Oh my, I wonder if YOU have to avoid Ms Polly Paws too??

I try to stay out of the way of her claws! She does let me pet her sometimes, usually when she wants me to open a can of food for her! If she ever figures out how to use her thumbs, she will have no need to be nice to me!

Lobodeb
07-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Beautiful kitties and doggies? Now I REALLY wonder how and when you sleep! ;)

You and your hubby truly are a Godsend!

Barbara
07-05-2005, 10:39 AM
What great portraits and heart warming stories. I always had a soft spot for Felicia and now for Boots:)

DJFyrewolf36
07-05-2005, 10:42 AM
I enjoyed this thread a great deal, as well as the thread about your puppies!! Bless you for being so caring and generous with your home and with your time.

You have a beautiful fur family!

wolflady
07-06-2005, 11:44 AM
OMG! What a cute bunch of kitties! I think I had only seen a couple of them from other threads, so it was totally neat to see them all in one thread! :D

Give them all smoochies for me!
**hugs**

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, ALL your cats are adorable!! Thank you for all the pics!!