PDA

View Full Version : Need your prayers

BigB_Kittys
07-04-2005, 10:53 AM
I'll apaologize first to the moderator if this is not the correct forum to place this. They can move it to another category if it is required.

Most of you know me as Brian who is owned by kitties Snowball and Rocky. Yesterday my mom suffred a sudden loss of her left leg when she was in the kitchen. I called 911 and EMS took her to St. Joe's here in Hamilton, Ontario. Anyways, after many tests and still more to follow my mother has suffered a stroke. I know that you folks are the greatest in the world and I know that your prayers have worked miracles in the past. I would ask that you send prayers to my mom. Also, I need your prayers as this is an extremely difficult time for me, for you see I'm an only child. I have no relatives here in Canada, only in Germany, and have no spouse or children. I'm very, very lonely right now and I feel that the weight of the world is pressing on my shoulders trying to push me down. Thank you and God Bless you all.

Regards,

Brian
Hamilton, Ontario

kittycats_delight
07-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Brian I am sooo sorry. But never think you are alone. You may not have family here besides your mom but you have friends I assure you. catmandu Gary is also in Hamilton. I am in Mount Forest, Ontario. Shady is also from Ontario and there are many more that are pretty close to you that can be of support to you. And I know that the PT family will be supportive for you. I send you lots of healing vibes and get well thoughts for your mom. loads and loads of pt prayers are coming your way. Please if you need to talk pm me and I can give you my instant messenger, email and/or phone number.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Michelle

rg_girlca
07-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Brain, I am so sorry to hear what has happened to your Mom.
Please take comfort in knowing that we care and will help you as best we can, to get you through this terrible ordeal.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for your Mom.

((((((HUGS)))))) for you Brian.

QueenScoopalot
07-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Prayers winging in from the U.S for your mom Brian. May she make a full and complete recovery quickly. I'm glad she was taken to the hospital fast, as many people don't even realize when they've had a stroke. She's in good hands now....please keep us posted. ((HUGS)) Jan

shais_mom
07-04-2005, 01:38 PM
prayers sent your way!

Soapets
07-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Nebraska.............

dukedogsmom
07-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Brian, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she can recover without too much more difficulty. You must feel terribly alone but I hope we, here, can help you get through this.

momcat
07-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Not to worry, Brian..... prayers are being prayed. Be assured, you are NOT alone!!!!! You have all of us here at PT to count on. We can't help you if you don't let us know what you need. What was said in my earlier pm still stands.....

BigB_Kittys
07-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Thank you all for your replys and prayers. I visited my mom this afternoon and she told me that according to two of the doctors she suffered a very mild stroke and that she should be able to make a full recovery. Its what they call a Lancular Stroke (sp?). I'll have to read up on it through the internet.

Again thank you dear friends. You are the greatest.

Regards,

Brian,

Hamilton, Canada

catnapper
07-04-2005, 08:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this! Of course I'll send along many prayers for your mother. Sorry to hear that all this is going on while you are far away from home & family.

rg_girlca
07-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Brain, this is such happy news that your Mom is going to have a complete recovery. I'm glad that you are there for her.
God bless you and your Mom.

moosmom
07-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Brian,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

You have MANY friends here at PT. The power of PT prayers is a wonderful thing and it works.

Stay strong, honey.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Donna

carole
07-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Brian I am so relieved to hear that your mother's health problems are not as serious as you first thought, I am sending you positive vibes and get well wishes from Hamilton NZ, to your mother.

Don't ever feel alone, we are all here for you, to offer you as much support and help we possibly can, I have seen the power of PT work many a miracle, so rest assured your mother will be on the road to a speedy recovery soon.

Take care and keep us posted how you are both doing.:)

NoahsMommy
07-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Brian,

I'm so sorry about the stroke, but I'm happy to see the doctors feel it was mild.

Lots of prayers being sent your family's way.

If you feel lonely, come to PT...there's always a cute picture or two that'll take your mind of things.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

luvofallhorses
07-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Brian,

I am so sorry :( You and your mom will be in my prayers ((((((hugs))))))))

furrykidsmother
07-05-2005, 08:44 AM
I just saw this thread, sorry I didn't respond earlier! Brian I am happy to hear that your Mom will make hopefully a full recovery, I wish her a speedy one! Thank God it wasn't more serious. Remember, you are never alone at PT! You and your Mom are in my prayers!

momcat
07-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi, Brian! How's Mom today? Sure hope she's feeling better. Be sure to give Mom a big PT hello from me, okay?

sandragonfly
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
oh poor you. sorry your mother scared you. glad it's not the worse she experienced.

yuppers, prayers are being said. I know this will be very hard if you're all alone (with nobody you've known for a long, long time). it certainly hurts. all of us will want to be there for you and support if something happens. let's not think of this as of right now and hope your mother will be home as a next step!

maybe you can crosspost this prayer request into general forum so you could get more thoughts/good vibes from dog people there. ;) hugs to your mother & hang in there, brian!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Brian, I'm so glad to hear that your mom should be able to make a full recovery.:) Please don't ever feel that you're all alone. We're one big happy family here. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care and continue to keep us updated.

BigB_Kittys
07-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Just an update from yesterday. My mom suffered what the neurologist calls a very minor stroke. She will be on blood thinners, anti-clotting medication and aspirin. The poor thing twice a day has to have an injection of anti-bloodclotting medication in her lower abdomen. She is undergoing therapy right now and yesterday she probably walked (with the use of a walker) 250 feet in the hallway and back. Of course the therapist was with her all the time but she is really improving quickly. Once again, thank you each and every one of you for your prayers. I'll update again at a later date when my mom comes home.

Regards,

Brian
Hamilton, Canada

momcat
07-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Prayers still being prayed, Brian.....