PDA

View Full Version : I need some compassion

Barbara
07-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Ok: this is NOT life threatening and it will be over in 6 weeks but right now I could cry:

Yesterday in the evening I stepped down a steep driveway (no asphalt) at our friends' house. I had drunk NO alcohol (as I was driving) and was wearing sneakers. I slid with my front foot and got stuck with the back one.......

Ok, it's a double ligament rupture at the left ankle. I have to wear a tape and a splint for 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!

No sailing, no climbing on mountains, no dancing, no hiking most of this summer.

As I've said before- there are worse things but just now I could cry.

I know I will get used to it in some days but not right now. I am such an impatient person.:( :( :(

King Spartacus
07-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm ever so sorry! Yes, there are worse things... but there's also tons of better things! And I'd say this is pretty awful... It's hindering you to do all the things you want to do... I'd feel pretty trapped if it was me. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but atleast it's "only" for 6 weeks...

I guess you'll have to get some good books... hmmm... now that I thinks of it... get someone else to get you some good books! and some chocolate! And some films with George Clooney! And some icecream! And... Gotta remember... you're VERY poorly... yes... you must get personal slaves for this one!!!

Best wishes, Sylvie, KS' mom

Pawsitive Thinking
07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Ouch!! Sending you tons of get well wishes

Killearn Kitties
07-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Oh Barbara, that sounds so painful!!! What a rotten thing to happen. I hope Filou and Tigris discover a new calling as lap kitties to make you feel better.

The girls are putting their pennies together and are hoping to have enough to buy you some catnip! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Oh poor Barbara....:( ! That sure ruins your summer, hey! Sounds pretty painful to me too.....!
Did you have any plans for the coming weeks?

Be sure to give Filou and Tigris some crayons, so they can put their "paw-sign" on your cast!!

sasvermont
07-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Oh my gosh Barbara, what a test you are about to have this summer. I have a sense that Siegmar will take good care of you as well as your furry boys. (Siegmar is not furry, right?)

I hope you are not in pain with this accident. It sounds dreadful, at best. Sorry for adding insult to your injury.

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Corinna
07-04-2005, 09:05 AM
All my sympthy sent we here understand due to the back surjury for Tim last week . Our restored Goldwing is spending this summer in the garage. (shop last summer) ({({hugs)})}

Rachel
07-04-2005, 09:15 AM
As someone who loves to walk and having met up with Arthur Itis this winter, I'm here to sympathize. I can still do a recumbant exercycle and a bit of eliptical, but Arthur is won't leave and absolutely refuses to let me do any serious walking routine. Be resolute about your healing process as you don't want your fella to stick around permanently.

shais_mom
07-04-2005, 09:15 AM
oooohhhhh
owie!!

working in a hospital - some of the 'best' injuries happen when people are sober!

Karen
07-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh, poor Barbara! At least you have your feline nurses to help you learn that resting a good part of the day is a good thing to do!

You will be in our prayers.

moosmom
07-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh Barbara,

I feel your pain, girl! I broke my foot years ago and was in a cast and on crutches for 6 weeks. I worked as a paralegal at the time and HAD to work. My doctor told me I couldn't drive. The hell with THAT!!! I drove with my casted foot. The worst part was trying to take a shower with the damn thing on. On top of THAT, I was in the middle of moving!!! What a nightmare that was.

I hope the time for you goes by quickly. I know how impatient I was when I was in your situation. It sucks.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Donna

furrykidsmother
07-04-2005, 10:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear that! There is never a good time for an injury such as that, but it is to bad that it will affect your plans for the summer. I wish you a speedy recovery.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-04-2005, 10:38 AM
OWIEEEEEEE!!!

I've torn my ligament in my left foot before and that's no fun! I had to be taped up and on crutches for a while too.

I feel your pain! (well similar pain anyway)

Best thing to do is get lots of snuggle time with the furry ones!

Edwina's Secretary
07-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh no! Right at the beginning of summer! I am so sorry to hear of your injury....

Maybe if you are very careful you can get the cast off sooner!

lizbud
07-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear this Barbara.:( I know I have endless patience
when someone else is ailing, but not much at all with my own
injuries. Hope you get lots of rest & caught up on all the reading
you've always wanted to do.:) Hang in there.:)

Vio&Juni
07-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Ohhhh, poor Barbara. Yeek, and that had to happen in the summer. Not that in the winter is easier, but somehow in the summer that must be even worse. Sorry to hear that :(
I know that Filou and Tigris and Siegmar will take good care of you and hopefully you'll be better sooner than 6 weeks.

Juni sends kitty kisses and Pichu would like to come sit on your leg so it heals sooner (yeah, with a whooping 7kg or more :rolleyes: )

Queen of Poop
07-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Ouch. What terrible timing. Perhaps there is something you have wanted to do that you never had time for but could do now to help pass the time. Catch up on your reading, letter writing, etc. Take up a new hobby. If you can find a way to pass the time creatively it will go by much quicker.

kuhio98
07-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Barbara ~ I'm so sorry. I bet with the help of your feline doctors, you will be up and around before 6 weeks.

I read once that a cat's purr is at the same frequency doctors use to promote the healing of broken bones. Perhaps applying a few purring cats to your leg will help? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Ouchie!

What a rotten way to start the summer. :( But I'm sure the 6 weeks will fly by and there will be plenty of "Indian Summer" days for climbing the Alps and hiking. What about bicycling, can you do that?

sirrahbed
07-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh Barbara I am sorry to read about this:( I imagine it keeps you from most of those summer things that you love to do? Some others already said these things but it will also be a good time to catch up on reading and after 6 weeks - you will still have some pretty weather for doing fun things again - 6 weeks is just mid August:D

Vermontcat
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Awww Barbara, hugs to you.
I hope you're not in too much pain.
At least you didn't break your wrist like Sallyanne did this past winter, you can still type and keep in touch with us!;)
I'm sure that Tigris and Filou will cuddle up with you to make you feel better soon.
Check your PM's.:)
Eek! your PM box is full! And I can't get you by e-mail either!
Please clean out your PM box Barbara. Thanks!

ChrisH
07-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Aw, poor you. :( {hugs} Speedy recovery wishes from me, and Ebby and Bob say ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/forG.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/forgina.jpg

Chris

gini
07-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh Barbara, I am so sorry to hear of this. I understand fully, because whenever I have back pain I am so impatient with it.
I just want to get on and do things - but the pain stops you cold.

I hope you have some good books around to read - to take your mind off of what you "can't" do.

I know that you will receive tons of sympathy from your babies.

Get better soon - the time really will fly by................

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Barbara,

I hope you are on the road to recovery very soon.

Ally wants to say something:

Meow Auntie Barbara, dis is Ally.

Meowmie sed yoo have a booboo, and I wanted to send yoo kitten kisses so you get better soon. (Aksherky I wanted to send yoo CONNOR to cheer you up, but Meowmie sed NO :rolleyes: )

I have a booboo on my leg too - I went to the doctor today and I have medicine to take :( It tastes yukky

Hope yoo feel better soon,

Luv Ally

Barbara
07-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Thank you all for your wishes. I knew it would help to hear from you all - and to see how many of us have similar experiences;)

Debbie: no, I am not allowed to bike either :(

Zoe: cleaned my PM box

Ebby and Bob- you are the cutest :)

Ally: I am so glad that you write to me. I am sorry for your ouchie and blow some kisses over to you.:)

Randi
07-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Barbara, here are more hugs - and purrs from Fister too. :) I hope the pain will go away and you'll heal up nicely very soon! Now you have time to read even more, that's at least something. Let Siegmar spoil you! I also hope Tigris and Filou will give you many kitty kisses and purrs. :)

Take care girl!

I'll be in touch!

RICHARD
07-04-2005, 04:11 PM
A prescription..

Repeat twice a day. as needed.....

"Honey, can you get me my drink?"

"Honey, can you get me a pillow for my foot?"

"Honey, can you ----------?"

Feel better and remember to use your down time to get to the next level on your PT posting..

:) ;) :)

carole
07-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Barbara a TON of compassion coming your way, poor you, I feel your pain,. sometimes torn ligaments and sprains can be more painful than a break., yep I speak from experience too.

Now you make sure you have some good pain-killers on hand, get lots of TLC and rest, and indulge yourself a little in whatever takes your fancy, in otherwords try to make the best out of a rotten deal.

Take much care and hugs, I hope your injury heals quickly and the pain eases very soon.

Oggyflute
07-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Sounds painful, I hope your ankle gets better sooner than expected.:)