PDA

View Full Version : War of The Worlds

Muddy4paws
07-04-2005, 07:18 AM
:eek: ! Has anyone else seen it yet? OMG I seriously think they should change the rating of that film from a 12A to a 15 at least! There were poor kids coming out of the cinema in tears and some left while the film was still running, Even I was scared at most of it and I'm 17 lol I feel sorry for my poor boyfriends arm after all of the grabbing :p What was the rating for it in your area?

King Spartacus
07-04-2005, 07:31 AM
This sounds promising! Not to all the poor kiddywinks, but to me! I haven't been to the cinema since I saw Passion of the Christ nearly a year and a half ago, and me and my partner had decided to go and see this one at the big screen (there's been several other film we've wanted to see, but never got that far..).

Sylvie, KS' mom

Muddy4paws
07-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Well I would recommend it to anyone over 15 lol Its seriously scary though! but that might just be because im very jumpy! I felt the ending was like a typical action film to be honest but I'll wait and let you see for yourself!, the film is well worth seeing though! Have you heard the music for the first one? the " Ulla" noise gives me the creeps lol :p Let me know what you think when you see it :)

christa
07-04-2005, 08:34 AM
What did you expect?

I thought it was GREAT! Full of suspence . . . great flick!

I'm not sure what it was rated here in the states . . . Rated R, I'm guessing . . . ratings are different here.

Muddy4paws
07-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I thought it was a great film too, I just thought the ending would of been more realistic and not from Tom Cruise, I dont want to ruin it for the ppl who havent seen it so I cant say too much here, I havent read the book yet but I'm definatly going to so I dont actually know how the book ends but I've been told that it doesnt end at all and the aliens just take over completely and thats it but im definatly going to read it!

finn's mom
07-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm still debating, the only good reviews I've heard are from Pet Talk. So, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't know anyone who wants to see it, though, so, it may be awhile. That'd be the only way I'd watch, is if someone wanted to watch it and invited me to go, too. So, it may be a renter. :)

binka_nugget
07-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I thought it was horrible. :p We had a staff screening and most of us (including me) were laughing through out the movie.

Most of the movie wasn't that bad.. but there were some really corny parts and the ending was horrible. I didn't fully understand until I had someone who had read the book explain it to me.

Muddy4paws
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
well Finns mum i would definatly recommend you rent it out, seriously I cant see how you laughed at it Binka_Nugget! I thought it was so scary lol

K9soul
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I didn't laugh at it, but there were a couple parts that seemed a bit ridiculous. Overall it was a pretty dark movie and some scenes truly creeped me out. A lot of people who didn't read the book (including myself) felt the ending was too sudden and confusing. There were times in the movie though where I felt completely immersed and on the edge of my seat, mostly during the first half after it got going. A friend of mine felt he would have rated it a 6.5 on a 1-10 scale, and I'd agree with about that rating overall. So far my favorite movie this year is still Batman Begins :)

PJ's Mom
07-04-2005, 04:30 PM
It's a great movie. Very suspenseful. I didn't think the whole "Robbie" thing (trying not to spoil anyone) was done very well, but overall I think Spielberg did a great job.

The movie is "PG-13 for frightening sequences of sci-fi violence and disturbing images". :)

carole
07-04-2005, 08:55 PM
It is not getting rave reviews down under in NZ, so I might wait till it comes out on video, I hate paying good money to see something lousy.

I heard the ending was not great.

finn's mom
07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Muddy4paws
well Finns mum i would definatly recommend you rent it out, seriously I cant see how you laughed at it Binka_Nugget! I thought it was so scary lol

Actually, until I'd heard the reviews here, that's all I'd heard, was that people were laughing. I'll just have to see.....

K9soul
07-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I have heard various complaints about it (on two other non pet related boards), but this is the first I had heard of people laughing through it. On average, mostly what I've heard is people liked things about it and didn't like things about it. Definitely no one in the theater I was in was laughing during it. It definitely accomplished feeling like a dark/creepy movie to me, I just wish some scenes had been done differently.

Muddy4paws
07-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Theres alot of mixed reactions about the film! I personally thought it was scary or maybe im just easily scared ? :o

Catsnclay
07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
OMG I thought it was one of the WORST movies both Speilberg and Tom Cruise have ever made!

Don't waste your money, wait the 6 months for it to come out.

I think they did the whole Tom & Katie thing to distract from the movie, but made you go and see the movie any ways.

Just my opnion.........and I am a Tom Cruise fan!!!

elizabethann
07-05-2005, 01:45 PM
This is kind of a spoiler post......so if you plan on seeing the movie, don't read any further.

PJ's Mom, the "Robbie" thing was so sad and scarey all at once. When Ray had to let him go over that hill so he could get his daughter, I was on the edge of my seat. People were gasping around me....seriously!

I didn't hear anybody laughing in the audience all except for these 2 teenagers who kept getting up and going outside. They'd return only to smell like pot. I guess I'd laugh too if I was stoned.

:D

K9soul
07-05-2005, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say "don't waste your money" because a lot of people seem to have enjoyed it. Many have complaints about some of the scenes but a lot of people seemed to enjoy it to at least some degree. It has people who love it and people who hate it. There are some movies that a lot of people just LOVED that I couldn't stand and would have considered a waste of money for me personally to go see (including Napoleon Dynamite, I still want that 2 hours of my life back :D :p)

elizabethann
07-05-2005, 01:58 PM
(including Napoleon Dynamite, I still want that 2 hours of my life back )

hahahahahaha....me too!

:)

PJ's Mom
07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Ahoy! There be spoilers ahead!!! :p

-
-
-
-
-

Originally posted by elizabethann
PJ's Mom, the "Robbie" thing was so sad and scarey all at once. When Ray had to let him go over that hill so he could get his daughter, I was on the edge of my seat. People were gasping around me....seriously!

Really? :eek: I knew he'd be back. Maybe it was just a lucky guess. :D When they showed the mom looking around at the end of the movie, I thought maybe he was gone. I like how that final scene played out. :)

I thought they really outdid themselves on the special effects for this movie. The jet was particularly impressive. :)