PDA

View Full Version : Taking a dog to France

Silk
07-04-2005, 05:21 AM
Has anyone here taken their dog to France?

I have a Border collie X search and rescue dog who has been with me since she was 7 weeks old. (now 5 years.)
I will probably be working in France this winter and I really want to take her with me. The best sites I can find are in French and I can't read it well enough to understand :( .

Any advice on airlines, companies or paperwork would be hugely appreciated.

She is living in Utah at a friends place at the moment, because I had to leave in June.

vinjashira
07-04-2005, 06:52 AM
hi - just wondering if you've tried altavista translator
http://world.altavista.com/

it helps to translate a webpage.

I hope this helps.

koxka
07-04-2005, 05:31 PM
If you post the links here , I will gladly translate it for you.:)

Sonia59
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Some PT'ers have already proposed their help, if you need more for translation or other, don't hesitate to contact me or send me your documents!
Where will you be working in France?

Silk
07-08-2005, 05:55 PM
No access to internet for the last week sorry, :( .
Thanks for the replies, I'll try altavista or put the links up here tomorrow.
I'm hoping to be in Chamonix, (fingers crossed.)

It's a hard decision to go because the dog will not have as good a winter as if I stayed in N America, because of the rules with the national park and the difficulties with taking a dog onto glaciated terrain. She is a good avi search dog and loves to run in the snow and search. I've worked on ski patrol for the last 2 years so she has been on the mountain every day with me at work. She loves it and in winter she stands by the door wagging her tail at 6 in the morning waiting to go to work! I'm never that keen!

I won't be able to explain to her why she can't come with me :( .I had such a bad time at work last winter I really don't want to stay in that industry but I made her a love searching more than anything else and I love working with the dog.

(confused late night post)

jesse_3
07-09-2005, 01:10 AM
I would suggest that whoever is transporting your dogs, that you make sure that they are properly taken care of, but other than that, I do not know:( Sorry.

I wish you the best of luck!

Steph and Jes