PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I found at work?

dukedogsmom
07-03-2005, 08:02 PM
An adorable little kitten. She is very young. I was taking some things to my car about 6 a.m. and heard this very LOUD meowing. Of course, I couldn't ignore it because this little kitty sounded very sad. I searched and found her but she wouldn't let me catch her. She would get close to me but then take off running. I sat down on the pavement and talked to her sweetly. This went on for about ten minutes. I endured lots of mosquito bites, too, as I didn't want to scare her by swatting them. She finally let me catch her. I carried her in like a baby and she calmed down a lot. Everyone at work loved her. She's got the colors like a diluted Calico. She is so very tiny. Her whole head doesn't even cover up my palm area. She was also very filthy. I bathed her in the sink and wrapped her in a towel. She fell asleep in my arms. I didn't let my animals come in contact with her and disinfected the area in the bathroom. After her bath, she purred so loudly. I'm really hoping the Humane Society will take her as I really hate to take her to animal control. But, that's still better than running around scared and getting hurt by a car or mean people. At least I get to give her a chance to know a little love, you know? Tomorrow evening, I'll put up some pics of her here. We have named her Broadway and I really hope someone will give her a home.

catmandu
07-03-2005, 08:06 PM
THATS GREAT,THAT YOU GOT,THAT POOR SCARED,LITTLE KITTEN,WHERE SHE ,WILL HAVE A SHOT,OF A FURR EVER HOME,AND WILL NO LONGER,BE HUNGRY,OR DIRTY ANY MORE.
BLESS,YOU,FOR HELPING.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/b4f74d4a.jpg

CagneyDog
07-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Poor kitty :(

Is there any chance you could keep her ;)?

I can't wait to see pictures to her, and I hope she finds a good healthy home soon!

NoahsMommy
07-03-2005, 09:33 PM
She sounds adorable and soooo sweet!!!

Hopefully the HS will find her a good home. She sounds like she'd make someone very happy.

Thanks for rescueing her! :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2005, 02:35 AM
I'm so glad that you were able to rescue her. She sounds adorable.:) I think that you should keep her though.;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-04-2005, 08:08 AM
You are just the best! Well done - give kitty a cuddle from me

furrykidsmother
07-04-2005, 09:54 AM
So glad that you were able to catch her and get her all cleaned up. I hope that someone will be able to give her the home that she deserves. Can't wait to see pictures.

moosmom
07-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Val,

IS there anyway you can keep her?? Doogie is great with other cats. He's a big GOOF!!

If not, I'm sure the HS will find her a home. People are looking for kittens and she seems to fit the bill.

Good luck!

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Good for you for catching her! I hope you can find her a home. :)

Vio&Juni
07-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Good luck to the pretty girl!

rg_girlca
07-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Aww Val, bless you for taking in this widdle baby. I'm sorry that you had to endure bites in order to do it. You're an Angel.

I hope this little one will find a loving forever home that she so truly deserves. She already sounds like a sweetheart.

Can't wait to see pictures of her.:)

dukedogsmom
07-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok. Here she is. She is such a lover! She purrs like crazy. Loves to do head bumpies while on your shoulder. I wish I could keep her but I can't. If that were the case, I'd already have Catnapper's Flutter. On with the pics.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/070305_1.jpg
We found a box at work to put her in. She kept peeking out while waiting for me to get off work.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/070305_2.jpg
Here she is today, enjoying some sunshine. I had forgotten how much kitties can be wiggle worms. It was hard to get the few pics I got.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/070405_1.jpg
Here's a closeup.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/070405_2.jpg
I hope someone gives her a chance because she is really sweet.

Soapets
07-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Aw, what a darling little girl! I absolutely LOVE those little kitties! I hope she finds a good furever home soon!:)

moosmom
07-04-2005, 02:18 PM
What a sweet little girl!!! She'll get a home fast. How could anyone look at that face and not instantly fall in love???

kittycats_delight
07-04-2005, 02:28 PM
She is sooo precious. I am such a sucker for calicos and torties. I am sure she will find a home fast she is just to sweet and cute not too. And besides if she is a purr machine she will do just that and win some lucky persons heart. :D

finn's mom
07-04-2005, 02:30 PM
she's beautiful, valerie! i love her coloring! and, her big ears! :)

momcat
07-04-2005, 02:58 PM
What a beautiful little purrball! The pictures are great! That one of her in the box shows a little face saying "Please love me" One look at her by the right person and Broadway will find her furever home. How can anyone resist that cutie! Thank you, thank you, thank you for caring enough to help. For that Groucho sends you lots of kitty kisses. Please let us know how things work out? Give her lots of lovebug from me?

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2005, 05:20 PM
She such a cutie pie. I'm sure she'll find a new home very quickly.:D

lizbud
07-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Aw, bless her little heart.:D What a total sweetheart.:D

I hope she gets the best home ever. Good luck little one.:)

rg_girlca
07-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh gosh, she is too adorable. What a little sweetie pie.

I pray that she finds a good loving home very soon.:)

luvofallhorses
07-04-2005, 05:48 PM
She's adorable! :) Thanks for taking her in. I am sure she'll get a home in a heart beat :)

catnapper
07-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Val, she's such a beauty! I'm sure you'll have no problem finding her a home.

Flutter is honored you adore her so much from afar. You'll still have to come meet her in purrson.