PDA

View Full Version : July 3, 1999 - 6 years - My nana.. A tribute.

CountryWolf07
07-03-2005, 11:45 AM
I thought I'd post.. Today is a sad day for me, as I think back on July 3, 1999. My grandmother passed away at 73 years old 6 years ago today, on my parents' wedding annivesary. She had been battling against breathing problems, lung-related problems after she quit smoking. I'll never forget it. My dad came home and told me that Nana passed away, and I was just frozen and I had no emotions coming out of me, until I saw my little brother, Tyler start crying and he ran to his room, then I totally lost it. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew it was any day she'd leave us to go to Heaven. I have never seen my mom so torn up that day, she was totally lost, she lost her mom. When I came to my grandparents' house, it was just an odd feeling. I just ran to hug my mom, but instead, I hugged my uncle who flew in from FL. I just couldn't see through my blurry eyes.

She was my favorite grandmother, I loved being with her every Sunday. We would go to their house every weekend, just to be with them, have fun while I was growing up. I remember climbing in their tree in the backyard, I remember sitting with my Nana on the swinging couch, and we'd just talk. She always made me laugh, she always knew what to say. She made the best sloppy-joe's and spaghetti meals. She would always put too much chocolate in my milk. She was 100% Irish. She was so into St. Patrick's Day.. she used to say something about that day and it made me laugh every time and it still does when we bring her up during the Holidays. It was something about being green.. :) Anyway, I just wanted to take a minute here, and think about her, and I thought I'd share to you guys about her. She was one of my favorite relatives, obviously. On Nana's last day, she told my mom that she loved me and my brothers, and we were her favorites. So today, I'm dedicating "If Tomorrow Never Comes" to her. I can relate. I never got to say my offical goodbye, but I know I did when I gave her my last hug, and from that hug, I knew.

So, Nana, I know you're here with me, you've always been, and I miss her, but I'll always remember the good things, and I'll never forget you. :) You're in a better place, and you're healthy again, and you're up there with my first dog, Benny, and you're with your family again.

Here is my favorite picture of her, when she was healthy and happy, in 1989, at Disneyworld.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/LonestarFan07/pictures026.jpg

luvofallhorses
07-03-2005, 12:51 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :( I will be thinking of you today. What a beautiful tribute to her. ((((((hugs)))))))

moosmom
07-03-2005, 04:05 PM
CountryWolf07,

I know how difficult it is for you with your grandmother gone. Everyone grieves in their own way. It may take a week or many years to ease the pain. In your own time, sweetheart.

My Nanny was MY favorite grandmother too. I spent every single weekend with her and my Bumpy (grandfather) as a child. I hold so many fond memories of sleepovers with my cousins at my grandparents house.

Your memories of your grandmother will stay with you forever. Cherish them. Everytime you feel sad, think of a special time with just you and your grandmother. I hope it'll make you smile. ;)

Chica
07-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh, think of the happy times not the sad times with your grandmother!:) :) ;) :cool:

Anita Cholaine
07-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I so sorry...:( Its a nice tribute for her... Just remember the happy times you spent with her. I now its hard, but you must now that she will be with you forever...

rosethecopycat
07-03-2005, 06:17 PM
It is good to remember.

I am impressed by a person your age making a tribute and paying respect to family that have passed on.
Too many people, young and old, are just too 'into themselves' to care.

You did your Nana right. (I never knew any grandparents)

Keep her with you.

CountryWolf07
07-03-2005, 06:58 PM
My best online friend from Maryland, Ashley made this for me.. :) Made me bawl..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MsMaroulis/pictures026.jpg

moosmom
07-04-2005, 09:59 AM
What a beautiful tribute!! It made my eyes leak!!