PDA

View Full Version : IVY'S GONE :-( I'm sick over this :-(

QueenScoopalot
07-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I got a frantic call from Jan who adopted tiny Ivy a week ago. This morning Doug found her limp and apparently in shock. The hospital she was checked over at on Wed. and given a clean bill of health doesn't have emergency hours for clients any longer. :mad: Ivy may have been saved if they did as it's five mintes from their house, as opposed to 45 minutes. :( Jan called just before they got to the emergency clinic to tell me Ivy had just died in her arms. I'm so heartsick now as that baby had the best home in the world. :( The clinic thought she could have had a reaction to the shot given on Wed. and Jan & Doug are going to find out what caused her to decline so fast. RIP tiny baby Ivy. :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/6-23-05bestofivy.jpg

rosethecopycat
07-03-2005, 08:43 AM
So sorry for little Ivy.

Heartbreaking.

Godspeed to the Bridge, little one.

sirrahbed
07-03-2005, 09:02 AM
oh!:( How heartbreaking......

(((((HUGS)))) to you!

moosmom
07-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Oh Jan!! :(

I'm SOOOOO sorry! Could it have been distemper maybe??? Kittens go down hill SO fast with that crap!

RIP sweet Ivy. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

furrykidsmother
07-03-2005, 09:50 AM
I am so very sorry to hear this. She was such a sweet little girl. RIP Ivy.

lizbud
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. This is so sad. Rest In Peace Ivy.:(

luvofallhorses
07-03-2005, 10:13 AM
:( I am so sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Sweet Ivy :(

kittycats_delight
07-03-2005, 10:23 AM
I don't know what to say Jan. This is sooo sad. Poor little angel. I have never heard of a vet not having emergency hours. Is that common? I am soooo sorry little Ivy left so soon. She was such a little doll. And after just getting the best furrever home she could have gotten. That is just devastating. Rest In Peace baby doll Ivy. RB mytsi says she wants to be your companion at RB she will find you quickly.

{{{HUGS}}} Jan
Michelle

R.I.P. Ivy you will be forever loved and missed.

QueenScoopalot
07-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Ivy may have had a chance if the Feline Hospital (that they've spent $$$$$$ at) were open. Jan & Doug have been friends with the doctors to the point they attended functions, parties etc. together. I wonder if Ivy would be alive if they had called Dr. Ternes at home? :confused: :( I'm just so upset over all this. I have another friend who's also spent lots of $$$ at that clinic, and she's thinking of pulling out of there, and going to my vets instead where there (I think) is emergency care for clients. Jan & Doug opted not to have a necropsy done so we'll never know what took that sweet baby girl so fast. It could very well have been distemper as this has been a very hot year for that virus from Hell. I just have to look at the two I rescued with Leslie 5-6 weeks ago from next to the train tracks to know that virus is everywhere this year. I just gave them their second FVRCP shot, as mom's antibodies are gone from them, they're still at risk for coming down with it. Knock on wood the other 9 kittens from Ivy's colony are doing well with the exception of coccidea. They were all old enough and healthy enough to be vaccinated as I brought them in. Ivy was too young looking to me to vaccinate her when she came in. Another litter I rescued from near the large woods we have around here went to a foster home, and within 2 weeks were dead from distemper. The vets tried to save them, and it seemed as though they'd rebound, but then they got worse. :( Poor baby Ivy..one week from the day Jan took her from me and kissed her, and kissed her.:( :(

lizbud
07-03-2005, 11:19 AM
QueenScoopalot,

Again, I am so sorry. I can almost feel the heartbreaking
sadness in your posts. :( :( {{HUGS}} to you.

jenluckenbach
07-03-2005, 11:23 AM
RIP little baby. :(

please help your friends to not think about the "what ifs". You can't say for sure that Ivy would not have died even with care 5 minutes from her home.

kuhio98
07-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Rest in peace, sweet Ivy.
Jan, I'm so sorry.

rkidsrcats
07-03-2005, 11:33 AM
How very sad, Jan. We are so sorry.

The Tribe of 5

Karen
07-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I moved this to Cat Memorial.

Rest in Peace, sweet Ivy. We are glad you were rescued, and sure that you got a lifetime of love in the week you were with your family. Watch over them from the Rainbow Bridge, okay?

manda_moo87
07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Oh how heartbreaking... she was much too young to be taken. :( I'm so sorry. Rest in peace little one. :(

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Jan, I'm so sorry to hear about Ivy's passing.:( RIP sweet baby kitten.:(

AmberLee
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Frolic at the RB, little Ivy. You were sincerely loved here; may this be a comfort for those missing your purr. :(

BigCharles
07-03-2005, 06:15 PM
So sad. Such a sweet little one. I've been with friends while the lost little ones. One day I'll tell you all about JAC (yes that is spelled right).

Many vets do not have emergency hours. At least that is so in our area. There are emergency clinics. I would have to keep very good records from the regular vet so that the emergency vet would have a complete chart to look at.

Hugs all round.

catmandu
07-03-2005, 07:43 PM
WHAT A SWEET LITTLE KITTEN IVY IS,AND I CAN SEE WHY,YOU MISS HER SO MUCH,AS SHE HAD,THE POTENTIAL,TO BE A VERY GOOD CAT,INDEED.
NOW,SHE IS AN ETERNAL KITTEN,AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,AND WILL SEE YOU,AGAIN,ONE FINE DAY.

smokey the elder
07-04-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm so sorry about Ivy. Kittens from colonies are so vulnerable.:(

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm so sorry about Ivy. :( May she play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

Cataholic
07-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh, Ivy, WAY too soon for you to make the trip to RB. God must have needed a sweet little kitten to help him up there. RIP, sweet little one.

catlover4ever
07-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Oh Jan, I'm so sorry. You did the bery best for Ivy. What kind of life would she have had being by the railroad tracks. Sometimes God needs to have another angel with him.

RIP Ivy. :(

Barbara
07-05-2005, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry for cute little Ivy:( May she play hard at RB.

trayi52
07-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Jan, I'm so sorry to hear about Ivy. I know you are so heartbroken.

Rest in peace sweet Ivy.:(

Willie:(

ramanth
07-05-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm so sorry. :( :( RIP Ivy.