PDA

View Full Version : Tim"s surjury

Corinna
07-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Well we got home after being at the day surjury for 10 1/2 hours. They found more crushed disk than they thought they would. He is in less pain sinch the nerves and spinal cord are now freed from the pressure. Had a bit of a scare withhis treach tube during the surgery , he started coughing (not good for micro back surgery.) so they had to bring him more awake to stop it.
Now its 3 weeks of standing or lying down NO sitting .
Thank you all for the great prayers that were sent out for him . We both are so greatfull for them.

gemini9961
07-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery. :)

jenluckenbach
07-02-2005, 06:12 AM
I am glad it went well and there is already less pain.

Now, how does one not sit for 3 weeks? :eek: Best of luck with that!!! :D

catnapper
07-02-2005, 06:22 AM
Glad the surgery was as uccess.... now three long weeks of recovery. Sending good luck vibes!

smokey the elder
07-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Good luck with the recovery. Back problems are no fun.

chocolatepuppy
07-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Sending good vibes your husbands way. I hope he heals up quickly. :)

lbaker
07-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Good luck to you BOTH! Three weeks of awkwardness and discomfort compared to all the pain that caused this? NO PROBLEM. NO CHOICE. Feel better Tim :)

Corinna
07-02-2005, 07:51 AM
The 3 weeks will be hard but it's the 3 months recovery before getting back to work thats going to be hard. He or I will kill one or the other he's worked since he was 14 not being able to will drive him bonkers( we went through that with the cancer). Thank goodness this new house has a wood shop so he can build things.
I also have decided since he can't drive there is NO way i'm driving him any where the kids can listen to him complain about their driving I already have had enough.

anna_66
07-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Sounds like it's going to be a long recovery, but well worth it:)

Ginger's Mom
07-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I am glad to hear that the surgery went well. Wow, no sitting for three weeks? That will be tough. I sure hope everything goes well for the recovery. Three months, huh? I will keep all of you in my thoughts.

sandragonfly
07-02-2005, 08:29 PM
yeeks, no sitting...he'll have to eat standing, go number two standing/laying...poor thing!

this all sounds OUCH. but glad too know that nerves are pressure-FREE! I'll be sure to keep you by our angels at least three months.. poor this man. godspeed recovery!!

corinna, don't forget to take care of yourself too! {{{many many more hugs}}} :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm glad to hear that his surgery went well. Now hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery and be able to sit without discomfort.:) I'll be keeping both you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.

NoahsMommy
07-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Awww...you guys have some "fun" times ahead. ;)

Hope it goes fast for you both.

Hugs,
Kelly

Corinna
07-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Gee thanks Kelly I love you too. ;) He has been walking a bit today , he's all alone tomorrow as we all have to work .
Gina potty breaks are allowed thats about the only time can sit for meals but thats all.
Thanks I will be on here more I'm sure to keep my sanity. He's already calling me to get every thing for him, I am making him get about every 3rd request himself.
I am going to have a hard time keeping him from working after the 3 weeks he already is calling his clients and checking in. . :mad:
I'm trying to get his shop equipment up to a standing height so after the 3 weeks he can work on fun yard things (parrots , and stuff we can take to a the farmers markets.) Told him next week we start a walking program to stregthen the leg mucsles so he doesn't have as much pyhsical therapy to do. it is $$$$$ and with him not working and what is insurance?
Got to go and feed the kid he just got home from work.

K9karen
07-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Sorry, Corinna, I haven't been on lately so I'm so glad I saw this. Recuperating from back surgery myself, it's so frustrating to find a comfortable position. Lucky Tim that he got instant relief. So did I, the leg cramps and numbness disappeared. The worse part, which I'm still suffering from, is the sensitivity to the skin. I rarely leave the house cause all I can bear is a long Tshirt and undies since my back, butt and hips are still swollen. Of course I don't listen. In the beginning I was allowed to sit for 1/2 hour only. Now that's all I seem to do. But I try to walk and lay down but it's so boring. Did Tim get a walker??? I'm allowed steps 2x a day, but since the bedroom and bathroom is on the 2nd level, I do way more than that. Wow! What a long surgery, but then, any surgery is way too long. Please tell Tim he has a partner in crime and hope he has a speedy recovery. We can always trade war stories if he's bored! :D :D My scar's bigger than yours..... :p :rolleyes: Gentle hugs for Tim from me!!!