PDA

View Full Version : Little Orphan Annie has another URI

Soapets
07-01-2005, 05:30 PM
She's been sneezing some, and I was worried with the long weekend coming up so asked my husband and son to take her to the Vet. today. They did, and she does have another upper respiratory infection. So she's back on medicine again for it. Wish us luck in getting it down her! (She got quite good at spitting it out when she was on it for such a long time before!)

But the good news is we've caught it fairly early. She is still eating, and playing, and wrestling with Shadow, and being a mischevious little kitten. And my son said she weighed in at 3 whopping pounds at the Vet's today.:D So HOPEFULLY it will respond quickly to the medicine, and it won't be a life-threatening thing this time...........

catfamily
07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Annie is a smart cookie already:D Spitting it out.Too funny that little girl.I hope she feels better real soon.I'm glad it was caught early.She's a lucky kitty to have you:D

catnapper
07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Good luck little Annie! I know how good they can be at spitting up their meds when they don't want it... I've FINALLY learned how to hold and scruff them good. It really helps cut back on the amount they spit back up.

catmandu
07-01-2005, 07:42 PM
WE ARE PRAYING,FOR LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE,AS SHE IS A TOUGHKITTEN,WHO IS LIVING HER LIFE,LONG AFTER THE SPCA,WANTED,TO END IT.
PRAYERS ARE COMING,FROM THE FEEDER,FOUND CATS,STARRY CATS,REHOMED STARRYS,AND ANGELS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture547.jpg

jenluckenbach
07-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear that she is feeling under the weather. Hope it clears up soon.

BTW...Love the new siggy!

krazyaboutkatz
07-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Poor Annie.:( I'm glad that you caught this quickly and I hope she makes a speedy recovery and that none of your other furkids get the URI.

rg_girlca
07-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Poor sweet widdle Annie. I hope you feel better soon sweetheart. I know widdle Willy will be heartbroken to hear you are sick again.

Is this normal for a URI to come back so soon after having antibiotics to cure it the first time?

Soapets
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't know if it's normal or not. The Vet. said she doesn't have any congestion in her lungs or bronchial areas, though. (She DID have some pneumonia along with the last one.)

She's been sneezing quite a bit tonight---more than I'd heard her doing before I asked my husband to take her to the Vet. today to be checked. So I'm REALLY, REALLY glad that he did, because it would only have gotten worse over the long holiday weekend.

I went ahead and gave her a second dose of medicine just a little while ago. She's on Clavamox this time. She's supposed to get it twice a day, so she had one dose late this afternoon, and another one just a little while ago. She's playing, and eating normally.

I'm uploading the video of Shadow and Annie wrestling last week, onto the Kodak EasyShare site that I joined when I bought my new digital camera and registered it. I'm hoping to be able to post a link to it tomorrow sometime. It's taking a while to upload, and I don't think I'll stay up until it's finished tonight.

orangemm
07-02-2005, 05:00 AM
Sweet baby, get better soon! And, don't spit out the medicine, no matter how nasty it is. You'll feel better soon!

NoahsMommy
07-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Glad you caught it early. :)

Not sure how the weather is where you're at, but when my furries get a little sniffly, I turn the heater on during the day or night and that seems to help them get better quicker.

Please give her my love.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Glad you got this early enough! Let's hope it works fast :)

Hugs for lil Annie!!

sirrahbed
07-02-2005, 07:50 AM
So glad you caught this before the holiday weekend while it would then have possibly turned into bronchitis or pneumonia! I hope she is feeling much better by today.
Oh I hate giving meds and twice a day, especially!! Poor Meowmie!:rolleyes:

Get well quickly Annie!!

QueenScoopalot
07-02-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm so glad you had Annie seen by the vets before the long weekend. ;) It may be a good idea to put both kittens on L-lysine to help boost the immune systems. It is an amino acid, and there's no chance of overdosing them. It may help Annie avoid future URIs. Get capsules(tablets are a pain) and sprinkle the powder on their food 2x a day. ;)

kittycats_delight
07-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Annie, Annie, Annie, you have to promise to be a good girl and take your medicine for meowmie ok. It will make you all better. We all know you are a fighter and will be better before you know it. Meowmie is a smart cookie huh getting you to the vet early to caught that icky old URI,good job meowmie. Now you get well quickly and stop making meowmie worry about you.

cuddles and kisses cutiepie.

momcat
07-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh poor poor Annie! It was sad to hear that little Annie is sick again. It was good that you got her to the vet right away, these things only get worse when not treated. Come on now, Annie... take your medicine from Meowmie without giving her a hard time. I know medicine can be yucky but it's very important to take it so you can get better very soon. Please let us know how she's doing?

momcat
07-05-2005, 08:44 PM
How is our sweet little Annie doing? Is she feeling any better? Lots of get well lovebug coming just for you, Annie!!!!!