PDA

View Full Version : My new Emily

catfamily
07-01-2005, 05:07 PM
This is Emily.I know I told you guys about her.She's my mom's cat that I took.My mom's in a nursing home now and my brother was taking care of her but handed her over to me with sadness that he cannot give her a good home untill he figures out his destination.And he also said that it may stress her for him to take her back when he's settled.So he loves her that much to know what's best for her.He said to me today that he missess her so very much.I've had her for a few months now.She was difficult with the other cats but is much better.She remembers me from my mom's and follows me everywhere.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%202/6-21-05bestofemily.jpg
I need to add her to my Siggy.Anyone willing?Lisa????LOL

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Welcome Emily :D I am glad that you are able to give her a furrever home and that your brother is wise enough to do what is best for her. Bless both you and your brother for the kindness you have shown to Emily!

doolittleky
07-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Emily is beautiful! I am glad she is finally fitting in better with you.

catfamily
07-01-2005, 05:30 PM
I am sending this page to my brother at his work so he can see this nice picture of her and the nice replys.:D Thanks:D

catnapper
07-01-2005, 05:41 PM
What a pretty girl. Glad to hear that she remebered you, and that she's a little shadow kitty. Also glad to hear that she's settling in with the other kitties.

catfamily
07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
What a pretty girl. Glad to hear that she remebered you, and that she's a little shadow kitty. Also glad to hear that she's settling in with the other kitties.
I guess you could call it that.Settling.LOL She really wants ALL the attention.Funny...My other 2 black cats are the same.They want ALL the attention and couldn't care less for other cats to play with.:rolleyes: ;) :D

doolittleky
07-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Carla, She reminds me of my Raisin, she is a feisty thing too.

jenluckenbach
07-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Oh yes, BLACK cats do seem to be attention hogs. Ours is Jasper! And Charlie has noted that all our black fosters were the same way (he always calls black fosters Jasper Jr.)

Emily, you are a sweetie. :D

luvofallhorses
07-01-2005, 06:33 PM
She's so cute! Welcome Emily! :)

catmandu
07-01-2005, 07:10 PM
EMILY REMINDS ME,OF CHARCOAL,THE CAT,THAT ALMOST BECAME,A FOUND CAT,AND THAT IS WONDERFUL,THAT YOUR MOTHER,KNOWS,THAT EMILY,IS IN SUCH GOOD HANDS,AS THAT IS ONE LESS THING,FOR HER,TO WORRY ABOUT,NOW.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture547.jpg

NoahsMommy
07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I was just having this conversation with a co-worker that got a black kitten. They do seem like they crave more attention than the others. Odd.

Its so nice you all have Emily in your hearts. :)

Soapets
07-01-2005, 10:42 PM
She is so pretty! And now that you mention it, my black kitten Shadow is definitely a "lover boy". I'm thinking we should have named him "Romeo" instead of Shadow!:D

G535
07-01-2005, 11:01 PM
It's so sad that people have to give up their cats when they have to go to a nursing home. :(

At least it looks like she's found a good home with you and your cats. :)

QueenScoopalot
07-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Carla, She's gorgeous! :eek: I had no idea she had such 'full moon' eyes. :) I agree there's something about black cats that's extra special...like my Chip, and Skippy.;)

rg_girlca
07-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Welcome to PT Emily. :D You are such a black beauty.

Your brother has a heart of gold doing what is best for Emily and bless you for taking her into your loving home.
I'm glad to hear that she has settled in with the others.

orangemm
07-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Hello Emily, what a black beauty you are!

Am glad you have a furrever home with someone who loves you!

Yes, black cats are very focused on getting lots of attention. Mikey, who was one of our first cats, was always craving attention and loving. He could NEVER get enough.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww, what a beauty!! She reminds me so much of my RB-Sydney...!!

lady_zana
07-02-2005, 06:43 AM
She's a beauty. You can almost hear her purr through the screen. :) Welcome to Pet Talk, pretty Emily.

sirrahbed
07-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Emily is such a pretty girl! That is curious about the black kitties being attention seekers - reminds me of the poll we did about orange males being very loving and torties having cattitude!

Well, Emily is sure beautiful and I am glad she is fitting in. Your brother sounds like a dear and caring person to put Emily's happiness ahead like that!! Is your mom close enough to have a vist from Emily now and then?

catfamily
07-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Emily is such a pretty girl! That is curious about the black kitties being attention seekers - reminds me of the poll we did about orange males being very loving and torties having cattitude!

Well, Emily is sure beautiful and I am glad she is fitting in. Your brother sounds like a dear and caring person to put Emily's happiness ahead like that!! Is your mom close enough to have a vist from Emily now and then?
Yes, my mom is close by in Marblehead about 20 minutes from here.I'll bring her over to see her soon.I mentioned that to my mom yesterday.She seemed thrilled:D :D

CalliesMom
07-05-2005, 07:26 PM
welcome home!

kittycats_delight
07-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Welcome pretty girl Emily. I know we are gonna love seeing lots and lots of pics of you. You are such a little doll.

And Carla I tried to add Emily to your siggy but couldn't do it. Maybe Lisa can when she gets to this. If you want another I could do it that way. Sorry I couldn't do it for you. :(

catfamily
07-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
Welcome pretty girl Emily. I know we are gonna love seeing lots and lots of pics of you. You are such a little doll.

And Carla I tried to add Emily to your siggy but couldn't do it. Maybe Lisa can when she gets to this. If you want another I could do it that way. Sorry I couldn't do it for you. :(
Oh thank you so much for trying.
Accually Lisa made me a new beautiful one.I'll try to get it in there tonight.:D :D

jazzcat
07-05-2005, 10:53 PM
She's beautiful!!!!

I think that is great that your mom will be able to come see her sometimes. That will definitely help keep her spirits up.

Welcome to PT Emily!

Love the new sig too - great job Lisa!

kittycats_delight
07-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Excellent. It is very cute. I love the colors perfect for summer. :D
Great Job Lisa. The siggy is super cute. :)