PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for the long weekend?

beeniesmom
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
What are you doing for the long weekend?

I'm staying home. :(
We wanted to go visit friends in VA but hubby may have to work.

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 01:54 PM
I have no idea, yet. My parents are leaving for Maine tomorrow morning. My niece and her parents are on a cruise. I'm sure I could find something to do, but, I may just try to work. Or, if that doesn't pan out, I may just chill at home with Finn. I can't take him to the lake, yet, but, maybe we'll try to walk early in the morning, before it gets too hot. I'm just playing it by ear, but, I may just take advantage of having the house to myself. :) I'm sure I'll have a pleasant weekend, no matter what I do. I have no idea where there will be fireworks, but, it would be cool to see some over the lake. I'll have to at least look around for some! :)

LeahMM
06-30-2005, 02:00 PM
No plans for Sunday or Monday but Saturday!

There will be an Australian Shepherd Club dog show and herding trials. Our rescue booths will be there and we will be parading our rescue dogs. I will be taking Bozy, my ARPH dog and Cody, my other Aussie to the event. I cant wait.:D

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 02:07 PM
My best friend, Lauren is coming to town on Sunday and she's spending the night. Before she comes we might do something special for my mom(it's her b-day today) and light some fireworks :) Everyone have a safe and happy weekend! :)

beeniesmom
06-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Happy B-day to your mom. :)

Lacey
06-30-2005, 02:08 PM
I'll be staying in and cleaning, in preparation for Monday when my dad and bro-in-law bring a washer and dryer to my apartment! :D :D :D (If you've ever had to drive 20 minutes to do laundry for free, then you'll feel my joy here!)

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
Happy B-day to your mom. :)

thanks, I'll tell her you said happy birthday :)

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Lacey
(If you've ever had to drive 20 minutes to do laundry for free, then you'll feel my joy here!)

oh, i can feel you. :) congrats and happy independence day (independence from the laundromat!)

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses

Yeah, and, from me, too! i meant to tell you that on messenger! :)

JenBKR
06-30-2005, 02:15 PM
On saturday I am going to see Toby Keith with friends from work. I am sooo excited!! I have never seen him, but he is one of my favorites. My husband and I are planning to go camping with some friends (we go every year) but I may not go because I have a cold :( That's ok though because I wouldn't mind just laying around for a couple days, hanging out with my furkids!

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 02:16 PM
feel better JenBKR!!

Originally posted by finn's mom
Yeah, and, from me, too! i meant to tell you that on messenger! :)

okay will do! :) sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread :o

JenBKR
06-30-2005, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by luvofallhorses
[B]feel better JenBKR!!

Thank you! I'll try to drink away the bugs at the concert on Saturday!

Queen of Poop
06-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Our long weekend begins tomorrow - Canada Day. We're going to the lake house. Will try to do some landscaping and giggle at Sasha as she chases the gophers. Hopefully there will be no rain.

petslover
06-30-2005, 03:15 PM
I am going to Memphis for the weekend with some friends. My friend's mom works at the hotel as we get free rooms. So its going to be fun.

Then on Monday-- My family and i'm bringing a few friends and we are going to Arkansas for a huge festival. Festival includes bands, fireworks, wrestling, etc... so that should be fun!

Hope everyone has a safe weekend!

popcornbird
06-30-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't know, but I'm hoping we'll be able to make a trip to the beach or something. I haven't been to the beach in awhile and MISS it.

Shelteez2
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
I get a 4 day weekend and I plan on sleeping....a lot... LOL

Other than that I don't really have any plans.

One co-worker invited me to go to a club tonight and on Sunday night...

Another co-worker invited me to go to the gay rodeo...

I'll probably just end up being lazy and not do anything. Lazy is what I'm good at....lol

dukedogsmom
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
I have to work all weekend :(

CagneyDog
06-30-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm not doing anything :(

caseysmom
06-30-2005, 04:33 PM
My husbands friends daughter is getting married in san francisco. We are staying in a nice hotel right across from where the wedding is, its Friday night. Then Saturday we will bum around S.F. going to a bbq at my sisters on Monday.

neko1
06-30-2005, 05:27 PM
My brother, niece and nephew are coming up. And we'll go to see the fireworks in town on Sunday.

Hubby also wants to paint the bedroom:rolleyes:

jesse_3
06-30-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm going to Wisconsin to watch my cousin renew her wedding vowes and seeing my relatives from Alaska!--One of them just defeted breast cancer!!!!

Toby's my baby
06-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Sounds like everyone is going to have fun!!

I am pretty sure we are going down to Battle Lake, Minnesota, because I used to live there when I was younger. We go there every year and my aunt, uncle, and cousins come too. It is a really small town and we visit our old friends. The lake is the best lake in Minnesota, seriously, it is so clean, you can see the fish swimming at the end of the dock from the kitchen, no joke.

moosmom
07-01-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm off of work Saturday through Thursday!!! WOOHOO!!! What I'd REEEEEEEAAAAAALLY like to do is hop in my car and drive to Connecticut (12 hour drive) to visit my kid and best friend for a few days. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to cat sit. I'd bring MooShoo with me, of course. But I still have Parker in the back room as well as MY cats. *sigh*

Hmmmmmm, still thinking about it.

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2005, 11:03 AM
PARTY at my place!

Some friends are coming over and we're just hanging out for the long weekend. I also plan to do quite a bit of sleeping...and hang out with my parents and nephew. I was going to go to a party this weekend in california but I can't aford the fuel...(evil gas prices, and I bet they'll go up 10 cents today too)

All in all though my main plan is to RELAX and enjoy the weather.

smokey the elder
07-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Yard work, adoption day, yard work, Stew Leonard run, yard work, watch DVDs, yard work, take care of cats at Petsmart, yardwork, BARBECUE!!!, yardwork, and did I mention.....

.Yardwork?

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses

From me too!!;):D

We're going to my dad's partner's house tomorrow to swim all evening and then shoot off fireworks. It should be LOTS of fun!!!:) (I'm really excited!!) And then on the 4th, we're going downtown to see fireworks, and we're pretty much open the rest of the day...:)

crsvstang
07-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I really have no clue what we are going be doing. I will finally be getting a rental car tomorrow, so maybe we will get into something. We might have a cookout on Sunday or Monday. We also get take care of the inlaws pets for them while they are gone. I wish we could had gone camping this weekend:( but those plans got messed up.

Krista tell your mom "Happy Birthday" from me also.:)

elizabethann
07-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Going up North to do a little hiking on Sunday & Monday. Fireworks in Littleton NH on Sunday and fireworks on Lake Osippee on Monday. I had today off and I went to the dog park and to the movies. Saturday I'll probably go to the dog park, pet store and that's it.