PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 11:25 AM
I got my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday and my mouth is still numb :eek: is this normal??

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-30-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't know... never had mine pulled! All I know is it hurts! Sorry. :(

JenBKR
06-30-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't remember being numb, just some pain after a few days. Of course, I had 2 dry sockets, which is where the pain came from. Give it another day or so, then maybe call your doctor and ask about it. Are you on the pain pills? That may be causing some numbness too.

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
I don't remember being numb, just some pain after a few days. Of course, I had 2 dry sockets, which is where the pain came from. Give it another day or so, then maybe call your doctor and ask about it. Are you on the pain pills? That may be causing some numbness too.

I was on them but they made me sick so I had to stop taking them. I will call my dentist in a little while, my mom has his number and I do not.

beeniesmom
06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
I had mine removed a little over a year ago.
Yes, I was numb for a while.
My oral surgeon told me to put ice packs on my cheeks.
The numbness and pain will go away soon.
Hope you feel better.

lv4dogs
06-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I had all 4 pulled at the same time. My mouth was only numb for a few hours until the novicane wore off. It was sore for days but not numb.

kuhio98
06-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
I had all 4 pulled at the same time. My mouth was only numb for a few hours until the novicane wore off. It was sore for days but not numb.

Me too. I don't think its normal to be numb this long. But, maybe I was on different medication than you. Hope you feel better soon.

prechrswife
06-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I had 3 of mine pulled at the regular dentist's office. I recovered fairly quickly from those, although the pain medicine made me sick. The 4th one was done by an oral surgeon. It took me several days to get back to normal after that one.

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Well my dentist wants to look at my mouth to see if everything is okay, I'll let you guys know.

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 04:08 PM
well when they did the surgery it hit a nerve and it should be normal in a couple of weeks :rolleyes: like I want this for another couple of weeks!!!! :mad:

CountryWolf07
06-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Relax!

IT IS NORMAL! :) It's alright, if your mouth is still numb from having your widsom teeth pulled out, then it means that your teeth were impacted and I had the bottom two that were impacted and my mouth was still numb after 4-5 days.. it took a while for it to completely wear off.

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Sorry CountryWolf :( :o I am just ticked because I want to eat real food.I did go to the dentist today and he did say that it was swollen because they struck a nerve but it will be back to normal in about 2 weeks..thank goodness the reunion is in a couple weeks and I can eat real food :) but we're having a bbq this weekend hopefully I can atleast eat it and we are supposed to have pizza tonite for my mom's birthday but she said she could wait 'til Saturday.

CountryWolf07
06-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I know how you feel! It's fustrating but those 2 weeks will fly by :)

anna_66
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Oh man that really stinks that they hit a nerve and it's going to be like that for a couple weeks:(
Hope it's not that long!

jesse_3
06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Dang! I hope those two weeks will go by quickly for you:)