PDA

View Full Version : Update on Tinkerbell

dragonchilde
06-30-2005, 11:12 AM
If you remember, a couple weeks ago, Tinkerbell vanished on me. He's my 16 year old cat, who's been indoor-outdoor his entire life. He's been known to vanish for three or four days like this before (just like he's tomcatting, but HOW he could do that is beyond me!) but this time it scared me, because his health hasn't been good, and well, he's just old!

He always comes when I call.

He finally came home, skinny, wounded, and dehydrated.

Well, he's doing much better! He's taken to his indoor-only restriction a lot better than I hoped for. I don't really think he has the energy to fight it anymore, and I help him into the window sometimes so he can sun. He really just sleeps all the time.

He's been on a strict diet of gooshy food twice a day, and hard food when he wants it. His fur is shinier and healthier, and he's filling out again. The wounds on his side (most likely self-inflicted, during his seizures) have completely healed. The last scab fell off, and now he has huge bald spots. ;)

I'm still working on getting all the caked in flea crap off of his fur, but that's proving to be a tough job.

He's a lot perkier, and though he's unsteady, still, we're not having to contemplate having him put to sleep as much as we were a week or two ago.

So, my old man is improving, through tender loving care and lots of soft Whiskas pouches!

Thanks for your prayers folks. They've meant a lot to all of us.

ramanth
06-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Great to hear! :D

kittycats_delight
06-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I am so glad Tinkerbell is doing better. Does he like to be in the window? If he does why not put a chair there for him so he can get up when he wants or even build a shelf at window height and have a little stepstool for him to get up to it on. Would be great for him and make him happy I am sure and hey he deserves it at this stage of him life.

furrykidsmother
06-30-2005, 11:48 AM
So glad to hear the good update for Tinkerbell! TLC & Whiskas can do remarkable things! A little stepstool, that sounds like a nice idea to make things a bit easier for him.

jenluckenbach
07-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I am glad to hear that he is back and doing somewhat better.

catmandu
07-01-2005, 07:08 PM
THE SAME THING HAPPENED,TO MOOSE THE MAGNIFICENT,AND HE WAS THIN,AND DIRTY,AFTER GETTING HIMSELF,IN AN EMPTY HOUSE,FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS.THAT IS WONDERFUL,THAT TINKERBELLE,IS BACK,ANDWILL BE AN INDOOR CAT,FURR EVER!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture547.jpg

rg_girlca
07-01-2005, 11:16 PM
I am so happy to hear that Tinkerbell is doing better and adjusting to the indoor life.
Nothing better than a good dose of TLC and Whiska's. :D

moosmom
07-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Too bad you didn't think about keeping Tinkerbell in BEFORE he got hurt and lost weight. The whole situation could've been prevented. Oh well...