PDA

View Full Version : Moan, grumble, whine......

Pawsitive Thinking
06-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Feeling very sorry for my self today. Got to spend 24 hours attached to a blood pressure monitor - managed 2 hours so far and am already fed up of the stupid thing! The arm cuff inflates every 30 minutes until 11pm when it goes to every hour (a good night's sleep ahead? I think not!).

There's twice as much cable than is really needed and the belt round my waist to wear the monitor thing could go round the entire office staff and still have room to spare. Daren't leave the office in case people think I've got a bomb strapped to me....My lovely colleagues are referring to me as "Robosec" today :)

Does anyone have a magic cure for hypertension so I don't have to do this again??? :( :(

King Spartacus
06-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Sorry, no magic cure... and even though you're feeling down, it might help to know you certainly cheered me up! I had a vision of you leaving the office... bomb squad getting called in, and the "deflation" (hah!) when they realise it's a blood pressure monitor!!!

No worries, you can write a book about the amazing "Robosec"... it will probably be made into a film... Like RoboCop, but set in a n office!

Really... hope you're OK, and good luck tonight... Fingers crossed you'll get some sleep!

Best wishes, Sylvie, KS' mom

Pawsitive Thinking
06-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks - your reply did make me laugh! :D

P.S. the reading just after I'd got back from the pub at lunch time was the lowest so far!!!

mruffruff
06-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Which must mean you need to spend all your time in the pub!:D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I like your way of thinking......

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I hope you feel better!

beeniesmom
06-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry! Hope you feel better soon.
Several months ago the doctors thought I had heart trouble so I had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. It was embarassing, to say the least. I had to wear it to work too. It was especially uncofrotable to sleep in.
In the end, and after many tests, they concluded that I was normal... whatever that means, right?
;)

carole
06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
My mother had to endure that as well, it was a little uncomfortable and annoying, but it was only for one night, hope you are feeling ok now and that your blood pressure is not too high.

dukedogsmom
06-30-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't know how you got any sleep! It will be over soon now. You could be me and get to go get a mamogram tomorrow. It's my first one and I don't hardly have anything to even get squished! I'm not looking forward to it. That bomb squad thing was funny. At least you can have a sense of humor about it.

jesse_3
06-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I hope that you feel better! Yes, that bomb squad comment was great! You should write a book about this;)-and then, the final is how Pet Talk members save your life!!!!
I really do hope you feel better soon *HUGS*

Toby's my baby
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
That stinks!! I hope you feel better soon!

I hate those cuffs!! I had one of those on the last few times i have been in the hospital, they suck! I woke up at night, every time it inflated. :o

NoahsMommy
06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Aw, yes...my good friend the blood pressure cuff. ;)

When I get my remicade treatments, I have to be closely monitored - lucky me, I tend to react! - and it goes off every 15 minutes. This is AFTER they give you a huge dose of Benadryl in the IV, so you're trying to sleep. I've awoken so startled so many times, you think I'd be used to it by now. ;)

Hope the rest of your day goes quickly and they can get your pressure under control.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-01-2005, 03:19 AM
Thanks guys - what a lovely lot you are xxx As predicted woke up every hour so am even dozier than normal today but at least I've got my arm back!!!

The book would surely be a best seller - featuring the brave and wonderful PT folk.....Of course the whole thing would be bearable if Brad Pitt would play my doctor in the film............aaahhh a girl can dream ;)

P.S. To all of you going through similar medical thingys I wish you all a speedy recovery/successful treatment :D

King Spartacus
07-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
The book would surely be a best seller - featuring the brave and wonderful PT folk.....Of course the whole thing would be bearable if Brad Pitt would play my doctor in the film............aaahhh a girl can dream ;)

Yes - yes! And George Clooney could be the office boss... *drooling* And I'm offering to play the part of his chair... Just imagine - having Georges bum on me!

Anyway... glad you got your arm back!

Best wishes from Sylvie, KS' mom

Pawsitive Thinking
07-01-2005, 10:36 AM
George too! This film gets better by the minute! (doesn't do much for my blood pressure though ;) )

lizbud
07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Brody's Mum,

Just curious. Do you take any medication now for the high
blood pressure? I do and it does seem to help keep the readings
lower. Good luck with this.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Am currently on 3 different types of tablet - none appear to make any difference. I guess I'm just a medical wonder!! Hope you have more luck :)