PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my daughters dress for her formal...

carole
06-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Melissa has a special evening called an end of the year formal, it is a not quite a big as a ball or prom, that will be in following years, but they get all dressed up just the same, we had found a few dresses ranging in prices on sale mind you at Max's for 139 dollars and 89 dollars, a wee bit expensive for my budget, the cheaper one was really nice on her, but in the end we found this little item for 34.95, and we are both pleased with it, now let us hope she does not grow to much before then lol.

Sorry it is sideways not sure how to turn it around.

It looks much better on her than off really, has a handkerchief hem, rucking down the sides and the little glitter feature you can see, I think it is nice and young and funky for a 13 yr old.

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 07:37 AM
It looks lovely, Carole! I love handkerchief hems. I hope Melissa has a great time.

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 07:50 AM
I love it, it looks kindof classic, like from a different era. Very nice!

KYS
06-30-2005, 07:57 AM
I like it also, and you can not go wrong with black.

furrykidsmother
06-30-2005, 08:05 AM
I love that style and black is always very elegant! I hope she has a great time.

carole
06-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes finns mom I kinda thought that too, like a bit in the roaring 20's look , but slightly different, not sure they had those handkerchief hems then or not.

It is a long way off yet, so let us hope it still fits, I figure because it was very cheap considering the other dresses, if the worst happens and she has a huge growth spurt by the end of the year, we can always sell it, and find another, then I will only loose a small amount, so I can live with that.

She is going to wear gold with it, as I have this really nice modern pair of gold strappy sandals, which have a nice height, not too high or too low, and they look great on her, and I never wear them, I bought them for my niece's wedding and they look much better on Melissa than me anyway, so we will get gold accessories, and maybe a black glittery shawl or something.

It is fun having a daughter for sure.:)

sandragonfly
06-30-2005, 10:55 PM
hi, did you used BMP file? I couldn't see the picture at all here, could someone please convert it to JPG for me?

carole
06-30-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry I don't know how to do that for you, I was sure it was a JPG file, maybe someone else can for you.:) it is a huge picture, i don't know how to make them smaller, but because it is so big it shows the detail better for this pic, maybe you just have to move it along a bit and down to see it, good luck.

sirrahbed
07-01-2005, 08:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/crafts/melzformaldress.jpg
Here ya go Carole - how is this??

The dress is beautiful. Others have said the same but you can't go wrong with black and I also love those uneven hems:) The glitter detail is so pretty and I had also thought a pretty shawl would be nice , depending on the weather!!

sandragonfly
07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
aw. now I see it says xxxxx.jpg.

maybe it's because it's very large, can anybody shrink it for me and post it on here (not attatchment)? :)

sirrahbed
07-01-2005, 11:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/crafts/melzformal.jpg
Can you see this size gina?

NoahsMommy
07-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Its sooooooo cute!!! GREAT choice! I know she'll look beautiful!!

:)

sandragonfly
07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
yeeep. :D

it's really pretty, carole! I agree, black = elegaaant. :) I always loved the bottom part. it's now not hard to find that kind of dresses..

golds could go good with black too, never seen a combination of those colours but I can imagine.

when will be the formal party? hope melissa will have much fun with it and tell her she should know she must be so lucky! (my parents never let me wear anything like that). nice! :)

carole
07-02-2005, 04:19 AM
Thank you for making the pic smaller Debbie, the pic itself doesn't really do it justice, the rucking down the sides is very pretty on melissa, the formal is not till the end of the year Gina, so we have a way's to go yet.

catnapper
07-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Carole, thats lovely! Its just perfect for a semi-formal type dance.

I can imagine it on her - my daughter has one almost exactly like it, and hubby almost cried when he saw her in it because she suddenly looked so wamanly :D

carole
07-02-2005, 08:27 PM
I know what ya mean Kim, Melissa has all the right curves to make the dress look great, it is just perfect on her at the moment.:)