PDA

View Full Version : Moose checks into hospital emergency room

kuhio98
06-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Anchorage, Alaska - The emergency room at Alaska Regional Hospital has seen just about everything, but nobody was prepared for the patient who dropped in this morning.

It was about 6:30 a.m. and a young moose decided to check into the ER. The scene was caught on the hospital’s security camera.

Dr. Don Hudson was on duty at the time. The videotape shows him taking a quick look at the patient, then wisely going for a second opinion.

The moose spent more than a minute inside the emergency room, then quietly left the way it came in.

Alaska Regional says that, although the moose did not have insurance, they were prepared to give him a complete medical screening.

You can watch the security camera video at:
http://www.foralaska.com/video/news/2005/062805-mooseloose.asx

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Too funny! :)

That was neat seeing the moose....what an odd place for him/her to walk in.

Queen of Poop
06-30-2005, 09:46 AM
That is just too funny.

Reminds me of my mom's story about a moose at their back door. She opened the door to see who/what was there and screamed and slammed the door.

lbaker
06-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Great video but one question arises. Why did they not close the door after the moose left? Waiting for a replay :p :D

elizabethann
06-30-2005, 09:54 AM
That is awesome! So funny! Only in Alaska would something that cool happen! Thanks for sharing it! I'm passing it along to everybody I know!

:D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-30-2005, 10:00 AM
loved the guy in the background - his initial reaction "gotta get a photo!"