PDA

View Full Version : Hair detangling devices.....????

carole
06-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok well seeing the thread on hair straightners, I thought I would ask if anyone has one of these devices, I am thinking of purchasing one for my Daughter, as she has long and rather thick hair, it is always a real job to detangle in the mornings, and I feel that for around twenty dollars on sale this might be a good investment, one I could add to her birthday parcel in August.

So please be frank and tell me if they work or are just a waste of money, thanks in advance.

buckner
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I've never dealt with any detangling devices myself. The only thing I've ever used is the spray. I had LONG and THICK hair, it was always tangled. The spray helped a lot, but it never fully cured it.

I've seen tons of commercials for the "straighteners" that detangle/straighten/smoothe-out all in one go. And it looks pretty healthy for your hair, as it won't burn your scalp or anything. If I had curly hair, or really tangled hair now, I'd look into getting one.

Good luck on your hunt! I know how much tangled hair sucks. :(

dukedogsmom
06-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Just get her some of this stuff: infusium (http://www.infusium.com/) I love it and have used it for about 15 years now. It works great!

carole
06-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Val I have not seen that product here down under unfortunately, she does use pantene conditioner and I have bought her a special Dove conditioner as well, but she is like me in the mornings our hair is all over the place in lots of knots, and her hair is way thicker than mine,we are not lucky enough to simply put a quick comb through our hair like some,she pulls her hair too hard to get the knots out which results in splitting the ends as well,so I thought if these were any good I would give it a try,but so many hair devices are a waste of money., but thanks for your input, much appreciated., I will ask about that product, just because i have never seen it here, does not mean it does not exist.

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
I have to brush my hair and put it up in a hair-tie at night. If I didn't it would become tangled. Spray-in stuff never worked for my hair, either.

I also use A LOT of conditioner. It seems to stay for the most part untangled.

Karen
06-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Yup, I agree with Kay. When my hair was longer, I would braid it at night to keep from having it be a tangled mess in the morning. I have broken combs in my hair - ones marked unbreakable!

slleipnir
06-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Does she use shampoo AND conditioner (like 2 different bottles?) I found before I did that, the all in one bottle, it made my hair tangly. This way it's not as bad. I use to have hair down to my butt when I was a kid, I needed detangling spray

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Does she use shampoo AND conditioner (like 2 different bottles?) I found before I did that, the all in one bottle, it made my hair tangly. This way it's not as bad. I use to have hair down to my butt when I was a kid, I needed detangling spray

I was going to mention that as well.

The 2 in one stuff has never worked for my hair. It seems it'd make it worse. My dad liked using the 2-in-1 Pantene stuff but it made my hair become so knotty.

carole
06-30-2005, 01:54 AM
No we don't use the two in one shampoos and conditioners, but yes when she does tie her hair up in a pony or something at night it is way better, well I guess I will just have to decide whether to buy the detangler, as no-one seems to have used one yet., thanks for the info though.:)

cubby31682
06-30-2005, 10:41 AM
When I was younger, my mom would sit me down every night and start brushing. I have very thick hair, so I could never get the knots out my self. She would brush my hair for over and hour to get all the knots out. I would put my hair in a pony tail or a braid all the time. The braid worked wonders for me, but the pony tail didn't do much for me. I just use more conditioner now, that helps me out a lot. I no longer get all the tangles and knots anymore. Thank god.