PDA

View Full Version : I Made A Tough Decision

catmandu
06-29-2005, 04:28 PM
ANIMAL WELFARE,HAD A YOUNG VET TO BE,ASK,IF THERE WAS A FERAL CAT,WITH VERY YOUNG KITTENS,THAT SHE COULD ADOPT,AND WRITE HER PAPER ON.
THIS WAS A GOLDEN OPPURTUNITY,FOR POUNCETTE,GEMMY,AND KARINA 2,TO HAVE A NICER ENVIROMENT,WHERE THEY WOULD BE,IN A NICER PLACE,WITH BETTER FOOD,AND A VET,TO TAKE CARE OF THEM.
AND AS I AM OVER,THE LIMIT,WAY OVER,THERE WAS NO WAY,THAT THEY WERE GOING,TO LET ME KEEP,THOSE THREE.
AND THE FACT,IS THAT POUNCETTE,REALLY DISLIKES THE FOUND CATS,AND HAVING KITTENS,TO PROTECT,WAS GOING,TO MAKE THINGS WORSE
THEY ARE GONE.
I KNOW,THAT I DID,THE LOGICAL THING,BUT WHY DO I FEEL,LIKE A CREEP.
AND WHY,AM I CRYING.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture516.jpg
BE WELL,MY LITTLE ONES,AND I HOPE,THAT MY CAT ANGELS,AND PET TALKERS UNDERSTAND.

janelle
06-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh I am so sorry you are feeling bad but yes you did the right thing. If the vet will take care of them and treat them well then they will be in a very cushy place.

But they were your babies for awhile and it's hard to let go of the babies.

furrykidsmother
06-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Gary, you didn't have any choice in the matter. I believe that things happen for a reason and now that Pouncette, Gemmy & Karina2 have found a new home, I wouldn't say a nicer one, because I think you have made a wonderful home for all of them, but maybe since you will now have a space to fill, there is another that is in need and you will be able to help him or her. It is probably best that they not be around so many other cats, especially if Pouncette is aggressive and of course she will be very protective of her babies and it would cause her and the others stress. When one door closes another opens, so let's see what is waiting for you behind the next door. My heart goes out to you as I know you will miss them, but you were there for them and you will always remember and love them.

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2005, 04:46 PM
[b]Gary, you absolutely did that right thing for those little ones. Did your mum not used to say "you can't save them all son"?

You did save these babies though. You gave Pouncette a safe place to look after her babies, and now you have found them a great home. Bless you and well done!! :D

Grace
06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh Gary, I'm crying along with you.

You did the right thing - Pouncette will be happier with just her babies; she won't get stressed by the presence of the other cats. You won't get in trouble for being over your limit.

As Killearn Kitties said - you probably saved the lives of the kittens by taking in Pouncette.

It was kismet.

Now, did you get visitation rights? What about pictures - will she keep you updated on their progress?

{{{{{ Gary }}}}}

Karen
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
She's going to write a paper on them, so not only will they get love and care, and be away from the Found Cats that bothered Pouncette just by existing, maybe they'll be famous!

You're crying, dear man, because of your loss. But you could and perhaps should think of it as a celebration time. You just gave a wonderful gift to a deserving person, and a gift as well to three felines. You should feel like Santa Claws!

luvofallhorses
06-29-2005, 05:27 PM
You did the right thing, Gary. (((hugs)))

orangemm
06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Do not ever feel like you let Pouncette down (or the kittens). You did the very best you could for everyone concerned. No one could have a bigger heart than you.

It's probably the best situation for everyone, esp. for Pouncette. She will have less stress and that's better for the little ones.

Please don't cry. You are such a good soul.

rosethecopycat
06-29-2005, 05:34 PM
You did a wonderful thing for them.
You will always remember them fondly, I'm sure.

chocolatepuppy
06-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Gary, you did the right thing. I'm sure it hurts to let them go but they are in good hands.

jenluckenbach
06-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Gary, you may be sad for yourself, but you did a very unselfish thing for those 3 precious souls. This was a perfect opportunity for everyone. The vet student will get exactly what she wants/needs, Pouncette will be away from the prying eyes of the found cats, and the babies will be practically guaranteed a health, long life. AND they might be famous! You are one of the best foster homes, which probably explains the tears........all the best people cry over their little ones moving away. Thank you for giving Pouncette the perfect place to start on her new life.

kittycats_delight
06-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Gary, it's ok to cry. You let go one of the pieces of your heart. I know Pouncette and those babies mean the world to you. That is also why you let them go. You are give them a wonderful start. Think about it if you didn't bring Pouncette in she would have had those babies outside and probably Gemmy and Karina2 would have ended up the same as Scratchier. You gave them a safe, warm and protected place to start life. And most of all you gave them LOVE. Pouncette, Gemmy and Karina2 will always have their place in your heart and a very special place but you did what was best for them. Listen to furrykidsmother she said it well. Things happen for a reason. There is another out there that needs you. You filled your role in Pouncette's life now you need to be there for the next one that needs you. You did good Gay for those sweet precious new lives and for Pouncette. Be proud you did the right thing by them. And believe me they love you just as much as you love them.

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

NKBurlington
06-29-2005, 06:48 PM
YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!

moosmom
06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Gary,

Honey, you are NOT a creep. You are a very caring, gentle, kind man who loves animals as much as I do. What you did was very unselfish. You did what is in the best interest of Pouncette and her babies.

I commend you for letting Pouncette 2 and her babies be adopted by this woman. They are going to have wonderful furrrrrever homes, thanks to you!!!

Cry cuz you're happy, sweetheart. What you did is a wonderful thing!

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Donna

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I agree with everything the others have said. Sounds like an ideal situation for Pouncette and her kittens.

Gary, you did and AMAZING thing by taking them in. You saved them until their new owner could take them...and a vet? GREAT!!! You find homes in a GOOD way!!

Lots of hugs,
Kelly :)

Logan
06-29-2005, 07:00 PM
You are a caring person, Gary. This is why we all care for you the way we do, plus the reason that you are sad at the loss of Pouncette and the babies. But your decision was wise and right. I do hope you will be able to know how things go with them. And thankfully you have such wonderful companions to keep you company and heal your heart. :)

Logan

Soapets
06-29-2005, 07:47 PM
WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAID!

CalliesMom
06-29-2005, 07:48 PM
CatMandu,
You are one of the sweetest, most loving individuals on PT. You have done a wonderful thing for those babies. Thank you.

catmandu
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
THE SAD THING,IS THAT I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN AN UPDATE,ON ANY,OF KARINAS KITTENS,AND I GOT,TIRED,OF ASKING.
I WOULD,LIKE TO FIND OUT,HOW THEY ARE DOING,AS I PLAYED,WITH THEM,AND GOT,TO KNOW THEM.I DONT WANT,TO STALK,THIER GUARDIANS,JUST KNOW,THAT THEY ARE ALL RIGHT,AND SEE,WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE NOW.PRAYING,THAT ICAN KEEP,IN TOUCH,AND POUNCETTE,AND KITTENS,ARE DOING WELL.

GEMMY
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture526.jpg

Queen of Poop
06-29-2005, 10:00 PM
What a wonderful thing to have done. Not only did your kitties go to a good home but they are going to become famous too!!! Don't be sad, be proud that you had the courage to do the right thing for momma and babies. I congratulate you!!

aly
06-29-2005, 10:17 PM
You did the RIGHT thing, Gary. Don't be too hard on yourself. You gave those kitties a wonderful chance at life!

LauraT7
06-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Gary -

The pain in your heart is a measure of how big your heart is; only someone who truly loved Pouncette and her kittens could do whats best for THEM and send them to a home where they would be cared for, loved and be 'only' cats, despite loving her yourself.

You were there for her when no one else was, and put her happiness and needs first. It takes a big and unselfish person to do that.

hugs -

Laura

Pawsitive Thinking
06-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Gary, from all your posts that I've read since coming here you should be feeling very proud of yourself for doing exactly what Pouncette would want - a loving man to help her in her time of need and someone wonderful enough to let her and her babies move on to a fantastic new home - Well done!!!! I just wish all lost babies were lucky enough to find their way to you

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-30-2005, 05:49 AM
Don't feel sad, Gary :) . You have done such a great thing ofr Pouncette and her kittens!!!!

QueenScoopalot
06-30-2005, 06:53 AM
GARY, THE HARDEST THING ABOUT LOVE IS LETTING GO, AND IN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES YOU DID WHAT WAS RIGHT FOR THE LITTLE FAMILY. BE SURE AND GIVE THE VET WHO TOOK ON POUNCETTE AND KIDS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS NOW THAT YOU ARE ONLINE. :) MOST EVERYONE HAS A COMPUTER, AND THIS WAY WITH LUCK YOU'LL GET UPPYDATES ON MAMA AND BABIES. ;) POUNCETTE MAYBE STRESSED OUT FOR A SHORT WHILE, BUT IN THE LONG RUN SHE'LL BE MORE CONTENT NOT HAVING TO GUARD HER BABIES AGAINST THOSE NOSY FOUND CATS! ;) (((((HUGS))))) TO YOU FOR BEING SO KIND. :)

lbaker
06-30-2005, 07:19 AM
If their new momma is writting a paper about the experience just think of the possibility of educating so many others to the "stray cat" situation. Actually Gary, to the whole spay/neuter/innoculate/protect/care situation of all strays. You did well Gary.

TopCat3
06-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Well, I can't think of anything I can add, everyone else has said everything so eloquently, I echo everyone's words. You might like to think of yourself now, Gary, not only as the Found Cat's Hotel but as having a Maternity Wing, and you are the Midwife (Midhusband;) :confused: If I wasn't so far away, I'd drive over and give you a big hug, if I could find you (just look for a porch with cat dishes on...)I'm sure if you send that vet a nice thank you card or a posy of flowers you will melt her heart (which is surely as big as yours) and she will feel impelled to stay in touch with you. Anyway, keep an eye on that porch, I'm sure someone will be along soon in need of help, either short-stay or long-stay (and either short-haired or long-haired ;) ):) :)

catmandu
06-30-2005, 09:04 AM
POUNCETTE,WILL BE ALL RIGHT.SHE HAD A TOUGH LIFE,BEING A DECLAWED STARRY CAT,HAVING,TO FIGHT,THE MUCH BIGGER TOME,FOR HER DINNER.I REMEMBER HER,AS A SHADOWY PRESSENCE,THEN EVENTUALLY,LIKE SCRAPPY 2,SHE DID,WHAT WAS BEST,FOR HER BABIES.
WHEN WE WERE ALONE,SHE WAS SUCH A GREAT CAT,AND WE GOT,TO BE VERY CLOSE,AS I OFTEN KEPT HER,IN THE SPARE BEDROOM,TO AVOIDFIGHTING,I WISH,THAT I HAD KNOWN,THAT SHE WS WITH KITTEN,BUT AFTER,ALL SHE WASDECLAWED.
AT LEAST,SHE DID NOT HAVE FIP,OR WORMS.
SHE SHOULD BE FINE,NOW,THAT SHE IS A REHOMED STARRY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture507.jpg

Catsnclay
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
GARY, THE HARDEST THING ABOUT LOVE IS LETTING GO

I couldn't have said it better. With moist eyes, I too think you did the right thing, even though it hurts now. You have these wonderful pictures of them to remember them by.

Pouncette trusted YOU and your home to give birth to her babies in. That right there proves to me that you are a good man, but then I already knew that!!

moosmom
06-30-2005, 02:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture507.jpg

Gary,

Take a look in Pouncette 2's eyes. She definitely loved and trusted you to care for her and you did.

Nuff said!! (that picture of her and her babies is making my eyes leak, and I'm still at work!!!)

Barbara
06-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Oh Gary, I can understand how sad you must be. But please remember- she would probably not have had a chance to get the two healthy kittens without you. That you could let them go is a great thing- and you can be proud:)

aki
06-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Awwww Gary. Bless your heart for taking care of them until they found their furever home.

May Saint Gertrude of Nivelles - Patron Saint of Cats - bless you also.

~ Aki :)

catmandu
06-30-2005, 05:09 PM
They have gotten,a clean bill,Of Health,All Three,and The Vet said,that Gemm,and Karino,are fairlt Big,for being a week old.And Pouncette,does have Front Claws,short ones,but she does have claws.I pressed her pads,and never found any,and as angry,as she was at The Found Cats,she never.ever scratched them.She has a nice little Sun Room,and is getting along,all ready,with Karen,nad they have Fallen in Love.I hope,that there will be Kitten Pictures,if there are,I will sahre ASAP.
And I want,to Thank You,from the bottom,of My Heart,for the Kind Things,that you have written about me,and those kind words,mean more,to me,than I can ever say.
THANK YOU.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture527.jpg
Karino.

NoahsMommy
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM
WONDERFUL news that they got a clean bill of health and they are all bonding already. :)

Such WONDERFUL news!!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

sandragonfly
07-01-2005, 04:43 AM
oh gary.. I felt bad that you had to cry over their better life. very hard...but know what? what is golden? they got to have a piece heart of yours to carry around with them! even in a much peaceful place and how rememberance of the mother and boys were lucky to have a golden life. ;)

sometimes it's hard to not choke yourself through sad time where you did the greatest thing for them!

I do hope you'll get visitation rights afterall as well..:o that should definitely make you feel better. hey gary, hang in there! :)