PDA

View Full Version : Well that gave me a scare..

wolf_Q
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
I was at work today and a dog came in to be groomed. An aussie/chow mix. The dog had been here before (once) but I had never groomed him. He seemed a bit nervous but not bad...I went over and felt his coat/petted him and he was fine, put the leash on him and he was fine.....then I went to pick him up to put him on the table and he turned around and bit me in the face! :eek: I have been bit before but nothing like that.....seriously scared the h*ll out of me. Luckily it wasn't too bad, my gums were bleeding and there's a couple little puncture wounds on the inside of my lip...no stitches or anything. The dog's owner saw it happen and apologized several times. I actually groomed the dog despite this and he was fine, I think I just startled him. I've startled my dogs before but luckily they don't react like that!

luvofallhorses
06-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Yikes :eek: I am glad you're okay though.

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
good grief, i hope she tipped you well. that's scary, i'm glad you are not worse off! wow! do you have to notate that in the dog's records or something? scary.

Lexi_Lover
06-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Oh jeez! I'm glad you're ok Amy! Hope it heals soon! Lots of hopefuls and hugs coming from our end!

-Paula, Lexi, Skye & The B*Boys

wolf_Q
06-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
good grief, i hope she tipped you well. that's scary, i'm glad you are not worse off! wow! do you have to notate that in the dog's records or something? scary.

No tip at all... :/ Yeah I put a note in the dogs card about never attempting to pick him up and to be careful around him because he's nervous.

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
No tip at all... :/ Yeah I put a note in the dogs card about never attempting to pick him up and to be careful around him because he's nervous.

That's crappy, what a cheapskate. Ugh. Especially after all that.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh, you poor thing, Amy! That silly dogs! I'm really glad that you're ok, though!)

lizbud
06-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow.:eek: That was very cool of you to go ahead with the
grooming. If the bite broke the skin at all, you should maybe
get it treated by a Dr.

ParNone
06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
wow! that sounds like a scary kid bite waiting to happen. I hope they're more careful with him around kids. I've a friend who groomed for quite a few years and those 2 breeds are the ones she was always careful around. They weren't the breeds that would bite the most by any means, but she said they both had a tendency to bite without warning. One minute you're buddies, the next they're attached to your arm. I can imagine that would be quite unnerving.

Par...

dukedogsmom
06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
All that and no tip?? I don't think I'd agree to do the dog again. You should have gotten a huge tip just for being so nice about it.

K9soul
06-29-2005, 06:35 PM
That is frightening Amy, I'm very glad no worse damage was done and I too feel the owner should have done more to compensate you.

elizabethann
06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
That IS scary! Can you ask the owner to put the dog up on the table next time? Perhaps you can't do that for liability purposes? Just a thought. I'd be scared to handle a dog that bit me. Hope your bite isn't hurting and take care!

Bigyummydog
06-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, at least you understand the dog. Someone else may have gotten really ugly with him and his owner. He probably was just scared. And, NO TIP! that really sucks.

You really should see a doctor, if you haven't already. I've been bitten before, even after you think it's healed, it's not.

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Wow, honey!! I'm glad you're OK...but that sounds horrible, espeically when no tip was offered. What a jerk!

Hope it heals quickly for you.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

anna_66
06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Geesh! Would have scared the crap out of me too:eek:
Not sure if I would have had enough wits about me to do the grooming after that.
And I can't believe that even though the owner SAW the dog bite you that they didn't tip...the nerve of some people:rolleyes:

Hope the bites heal up soon and don't give you any type of trouble.

captain
06-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Gee whiz!!!

I would have paid you DOUBLE, just to make sure you didn't report my dog!!!!!

{{{hugs}}} hope you are OK!:)

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Ow!

Dogs who are jumpy like that are definetly dangerous. Hope it doesn't hurt too badly. :( That's pretty crappy of them not to leave you a tip.

Vette
06-29-2005, 11:53 PM
:eek: Thats terrible!

and what a craphole owner for not tipping you. :(
im glad it wasnt any worse though.

*hugs*
sending you lots of good healing vibes and fingers and paws crossed for ya

shais_mom
06-30-2005, 12:12 AM
yikes Amy!
glad you are ok !!
but some people are just a$$es!

gini
06-30-2005, 12:21 AM
If it was me, that dog would have gone home dirty..........

Please be careful of the bites, that you have no infection. I am sure you are careful, but all of us worry about that type of thing.

No tip - I will never, ever understand some people................

gemini9961
06-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Glad you're okay (well sorta okay)...I probably would have told them to take the dog back and then to leave no tip, what a jerk.

MariaM
06-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Eeek! I can imagine being quite jumpy after that happened. Too bad you didn't get a tip.

Oggyflute
06-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Glad you are OK, kind of rude not to offer a decent tip though.

Ginger's Mom
06-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Wow that really is scary. I am glad that you are alright, just keep a good eye on those bites. It was very nice of you to still groom that dog. I, also, cannot believe that you were not given a tip.

ramanth
06-30-2005, 08:42 AM
How scary!! Do you have to report something like that? A work injury should be taken seriously, even if it is a little bite.

dappledoxie
06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Holy cow! That would've scared me too, I've had things like that happen before at the vet hospital and yikes everytime it would happen I'd be too freaked out to even touch the dog/cat again. I remember having to bathe a cat, I was shaking sooooo bad and the cat was litterally screaming, I wanted to cry and walk out and quite right then and there. I'd never had to bathe a cat before and no one even helped me :( :(

BitsyNaceyDog
06-30-2005, 02:02 PM
No Tip. :mad: I can't believe it, some people are so ungrateful. I'm glad you're all right.
Did you use a muzzle after that? I would have, in fact that's the only way I would have done it.
I'm not a groomer, but I work at a pet boarding facility and by request we bathe dogs before they check out. We also clip nails for anyone wether they are boarding with us, or just come in for it. Anyway I have this one lady who often brings her dog in for a nail clip and whenever the do board her she gets a bath. Well this dog hates her nails clipped so much she would about bite your face completely off. The owner knows this and brings a muzzle with her every time she comes for a nail clip. The dog is fine otherwise, including when I bathe her, no muzzle needed. Crazy how some dogs are.

akaspaddero
06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
So glad you weren't seriously hurt!

cocker_luva
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
i think u startled him too, jesse did the same thing once when i didnt see her and accidently ran into her from behind.

IRescue452
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
I hope the dog had all his shots. I'd be scared too but I think I'd still have groomed him too. I've made stupid mistakes like that before except I got a hand torn up. Not the dog's fault but maybe if the owner knew her dog a little better she'd be able to warn you about his nervousness.