PDA

View Full Version : Should Pouncette Be Breathing So Hard

catmandu
06-29-2005, 01:05 PM
WHILE FEEDING HER KITTENS,POUNCETTE,IS PANTING,LIKE A DOG,BREATHING VERY HARD.
I AM NEW,AT THIS,ITS ALMOST,AS SHE WAS HYPER VENTILATING.IS THIS NORMAL?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture516.jpg

furrykidsmother
06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
I am not sure. I don't recall Gidget breathing hard when she nursed. Is that the only time you notice her breathing is different? I guess I am just a little concerned because like I said before, my Gidget had a stillborn a week after she gave birth to Fluffy & Rusty and she started panting. At first I had thought it was the heat, until I picked her up to comfort her and felt the little babies claw scratch my arm. Hopefully, someone with more recent knowledge will jump in here soon and be of more help than me. Meanwhile, keep an eye on her. If she looks like she is having any distress I would take her and babies to the vet.

kittycats_delight
06-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Gary I don't think you have much to worry about with Pouncette. She is most likely breathing heavy due to the extreme heat we are having and the stress of being a new mommie. She is not used to having these little one attached to her and it is probably stressing her out. When the AW comes to check on the babies just ask them if you are really worried about her. I am sure she is 100% though.

sandragonfly
06-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I think it should be okay. when my star had her babies, she did the same, I guess that was the part of being a mother.

but if this continues, and concerns you more, it's always best to bring them to veterarian at least to have them checked.