PDA

View Full Version : Compliment Swap is on AGAIN!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Oh yes folks, you heard me RIGHT! The Compliment Swap is ON AGAIN!

For those of you who don't remember or have never participated in the Compliment Swap, here's what happens.

Submit your screen name and your REAL name to me, either by the way of PM, Email, Messenger, or on this thread directly.
Once we have gotten everyone who wants to participate, I compile a list of everyones names. (Deadline:: We need to discuss.)
You take the list of EVERYONES names and compliment each person on the list. (Obviously not yourself, unless you want to!) Nothing huge or dramatic is needed, just a simple, feel-good compliment to each person on the list, even if you aren't friends with that person. If it comes up that you don't know the person AT ALL, please make an effort to look up some of their posts, PM them, talk to them or some other way. Please try not to make stuff up!
Once you are finished complimenting everyone, send the list back to me via PM. If for some reason you cannot send it by PM, you may email me or send it through Messenger.
After I get all of the lists (or most of them, in past cases!) I put each persons compliments onto another sheet and then I send all of YOUR compliments (the compliments people have said about YOU) to you. You do not get to see who sends them, unless the person signs their names after their compliments.

I have hosted a number of these in the past, and I hope everyone feels comfortable with me hosting it again.

As for the DEADLINE for submissions of names::

I am going to be on vacation from the days of July 8th, 2005 until July 17th, 2005. I will be back that Sunday (17th) so the deadline could be that Sunday, and people could start complimenting that night.

OTHERWISE-- We could have the deadline be July 7th, and people could fill out the lists, and when I get BACK from vacation, they will be due.

Any ideas, suggestions, hints, compliments, complaints? Suggestions needed and welcomed!

In the mean time, START SIGNING UP! Remember, submit your SCREENNAME (I can usually find that one!) AND you REAL name.

Have fun! The list of those entered will be in the next post.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 12:12 PM
People entered in the CS::

Anita Cholaine (Natali)
Beeniesmom (Carmen)
Buckner (Sara)
BuddyBlazeLover (Katie)
CagneyDog (Lindsey)
Camcampup33 (Amber)
Finn's Mom (Kari)
Flamepony12 (Devon)
GoldenRetrLuver (Julie)
ILoveMyAbbyGirl (Megan)
Joanofark (Sarah)
K9crazee (Ashley)
Kfamr (Kay)
Kittycats_delight (Michelle)
Lexi_Lover (Paula)
Loveofallhorses (Krista)
Madmagsmoo (Maggie)
MariaM (Maria)
Momcat (Eileen)
Wolfsoul (Jordan)

Total: 20

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Sign me up, I've never participated, but, it should be cool. :)

EDITED: How many people have signed on in the past? Before I totally commit, I'd like to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew. ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Sign me up, I've never participated, but, it should be cool. :)

EDITED: How many people have signed on in the past? Before I totally commit, I'd like to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew. ;)

Well... I'd say usually at the MOST 25, but then theres always a few people that don't send in their lists, etc. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a paragraph compliment either. I've seen people use just words to describe people, it doesn't really matter.

BTW, what's your name? :o Sorry, that's why I always ask for names... it makes it more personal and I don't remember ANYONES names... :p

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
BTW, what's your name? :o Sorry, that's why I always ask for names... it makes it more personal and I don't remember ANYONES names... :p

It's cool, I hadn't officially agreed, that's why I didn't give you my real name. But, I'll do it. Sounds fun.

It's Kari. aka Finn's mom. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks! You're on! :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Bump.

beeniesmom
06-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Beeniesmom: carmen

luvofallhorses
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Count me in! :D edit: I Pm'd ya!

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I want to sign up!:) These swaps were always so fun in the past! I think July 7th would work better for me, as I too am going to be gone approx. July 14th-20th. Thanks!:)

Buddy Blaze Lover: Katie

Anita Cholaine
06-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I'd like to do it, but I dont know if I'll have time.... it must be fun...

ok, I'll try it!! Anita Cholaine: Natali

Lexi_Lover
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Why not! It sounds like fun, and its not like I feel good about myself anyways! :( So, ya, count me in! :D

Lexi_Lover - Paula

flamepony12
06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Count me in! flamepony12=Devon

Any ideas, suggestions, hints, compliments, complaints? Suggestions needed and welcomed!

Can we pleeease see which comments were from who this time?? :o

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
Count me in! flamepony12=Devon

Can we pleeease see which comments were from who this time?? :o

Yea, I'd really like to know too!!:p;)

CagneyDog
06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
CagneyDog- Lindsey.

CamCamPup33
06-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Camcampup33, Amber :D

joanofark
06-29-2005, 06:29 PM
OH! Add me!

Joanofark: Sarah:)

buckner
06-29-2005, 06:30 PM
I've participated in a few, and I'd love to do it again!

buckner - Sara

As for what Katie and Devon are saying, I don't think it should be mandatory to include a name. However, in the past, I've gotten some compliments and names were included after writing it. It's nice to know who's writing to me, but it's also nice to know that people care, just in general. However, it'd be an interesting idea. Maybe see what others say? I don't know. When you send in compliments, have each person say if they mind including his/her screenname to everyone? Okay, it makes sense to me.. maybe not to you.

Oh, and I think the deadline should be the 7th, and then compliments have to be in the day after you get back. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-29-2005, 07:18 PM
GoldenRetrLuver : Julie :)

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm glad you're continueing these swaps because I'm too much of a procrastinator to do them again. :o

Add me to the list!

Kfamr: LCx .. er.. Kay

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 09:15 PM
You've all been added.

As for the name thing... I wouldn't mind, but you have to sign your name AFTER your compliment because I'm too lazy to write everyones names after their compliments FOR them... :p Get what I mean? Once you're done complimenting someone, put your name at the bottom. :) It would make it easier on me too!

So is it okay that the entry deadline is the 7th? I have no problem with that. :)

flamepony12
06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
As for the name thing... I wouldn't mind, but you have to sign your name AFTER your compliment because I'm too lazy to write everyones names after their compliments FOR them... :p Get what I mean? Once you're done complimenting someone, put your name at the bottom. :) It would make it easier on me too!

So is it okay that the entry deadline is the 7th? I have no problem with that. :)

That all sounds good to me! :)

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm cool with the seventh being the deadline....is it required to put your name at the end of the compliments? Personally, I'd rather they all go nameless, but, if it's required, let me know.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 10:14 PM
This is what I was thinking. If you DONT MIND people knowing which comment was yours, PLEASE put your name, because I know some people REALLY want to know. If you don't want to, then don't, its up to you. Name is not required unless you want it there.

flamepony12
06-29-2005, 10:18 PM
This is what I was thinking. If you DONT MIND people knowing which comment was yours, PLEASE put your name, because I know some people REALLY want to know. If you don't want to, then don't, its up to you. Name is not required unless you want it there.

I agree, I think it would be even more fun to know who wrote which ones. :) I remember signing my name at the end of each one last time.

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Ok, that's cool. I just didn't want to do it if it was mandatory. :)

MariaM
06-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Count me in!

MariaM - Maria

kittycats_delight
06-30-2005, 01:11 AM
me too
Michelle a.k.a. kittycats_delight

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks! You've both been added.

Lexi_Lover
06-30-2005, 11:31 AM
So...when do we start this? Can you kind of explain it, I still don't understand, sorry, LOL!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
So...when do we start this? Can you kind of explain it, I still don't understand, sorry, LOL!

See the list of people in the second post? Once everyone who wants to join joins by the deadline (July 7th), everyone on the list copies and pastes the list of names into Microsoft Word or something, and compliment everyone on the list. Then you send the list of compliments back to me, and I divide the compliments into each persons own list. So in the end you get all the compliments other people have said to you. Better? Lol... hope I'm helping.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh, then all the lists are DUE JULY 17th. That means you must have the list filled out with everyones compliments and have it sent back to me by July 17th.

Lexi_Lover
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Oh, LOL! Thats what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure! Thanks! :)

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
thanks for asking, Paula, lol I was confused, too. :o

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Understand now? Feel free to ask more questions if need be! :D

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Yep I understand now :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh, then all the lists are DUE JULY 17th. That means you must have the list filled out with everyones compliments and have it sent back to me by July 17th.

As for name signing...I may just do it for some and others not.;)

And as for this...the 7th deadline sounds great to me, but another question...can we send our compliments ANY time after July 7th until July 17th? Because I couldn't do them during the week of July 14-20 since I'm going to be gone most of the time...so can I send them a few days after July 7th? Would that be ok?? Thanks Megan!!;)

k9krazee
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
If we could get them done before the 17th could I be counted in?

k9krazee = Ashley

buckner
07-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
As for name signing...I may just do it for some and others not.;)

And as for this...the 7th deadline sounds great to me, but another question...can we send our compliments ANY time after July 7th until July 17th? Because I couldn't do them during the week of July 14-20 since I'm going to be gone most of the time...so can I send them a few days after July 7th? Would that be ok?? Thanks Megan!!;) Yes, I know for a fact that that is okay with Megan. I know last time, quite a few people (including me) were scrambling at the last second. I can't even imagine what that did to Megan!

This time, I promise to have mine in somewhat early.. already started! :p

beeniesmom
07-02-2005, 07:10 AM
bump

beeniesmom
07-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Is that the final list on post n.2? It's just 16 of us?

finn's mom
07-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
Is that the final list on post n.2? It's just 16 of us?

People have until the seventh to sign up, I think. So, hopefully, at least a few more will. twenty would be nice. :)

beeniesmom
07-02-2005, 12:00 PM
ok, thanks.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-02-2005, 02:28 PM
18 people are signed up right now.

As for some of the concerns brought up--

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR LISTS UNTIL July 8th. The 7th is the deadline. If you send your completed compliment list before the 7th, not everyone will have signed up and you wouldn't have everyone on the list.

Otherwise, the sooner you send in your list after July 7th the better. :)

wolfsoul
07-02-2005, 07:31 PM
wolfsoul - Jordan :)

Mad Mags Moo
07-03-2005, 05:40 AM
madmagsmoo aka Maggie:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-03-2005, 03:46 PM
You are both on!

beeniesmom
07-04-2005, 09:58 AM
bump

binka_nugget
07-04-2005, 11:30 AM
binka_nugget//Ashley

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-04-2005, 12:22 PM
People entered in the CS::

Anita Cholaine (Natali)
Beeniesmom (Carmen)
Binka_Nugget (Ashley)
Buckner (Sara)
BuddyBlazeLover (Katie)
CagneyDog (Lindsey)
Camcampup33 (Amber)
Finn's Mom (Kari)
Flamepony12 (Devon)
GoldenRetrLuver (Julie)
ILoveMyAbbyGirl (Megan)
Joanofark (Sarah)
K9crazee (Ashley)
Kfamr (Kay)
Kittycats_delight (Michelle)
Lexi_Lover (Paula)
Loveofallhorses (Krista)
Madmagsmoo (Maggie)
MariaM (Maria)
Momcat (Eileen)
Wolfsoul (Jordan)

Total: 21

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Ooops. :p

beeniesmom
07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
bumping this up

joanofark
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Bump! Tomorrow is the deadline for signing up I think!:D

beeniesmom
07-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Can i send you my list tomorrow evening or friday morning?
I have guests all weekend and probably won't be an=ble to get on the computer :(

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
Can i send you my list tomorrow evening or friday morning?
I have guests all weekend and probably won't be an=ble to get on the computer :(

From what I can see in the previous posts on this thread, you get you can send it any time after the seventh and by the 17th. I know tomorrow's the deadline for signing up. I'd say you'd be able to send it as early as Friday morning. :) That's just from reading the thread, though.....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Friday mornings all right. I think we have everyone anyway.

Lexi_Lover
07-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Is it ok if I just send you the last 4 people I need Megan? :)

beeniesmom
07-18-2005, 11:28 AM
bumping this up for kay to see

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Oh shoot, I forgot to send you my list! I have it all typed up so I'll do that right now!:)

buckner
07-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Me too! I didn't get into town until late last night, and I had to work early this morning. I'll be sure to send it! :)

tikeyas_mom
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
if its not too late/
AHH i love this!!!

sigh me up!!!

Jynnelle-tikeyas_mom

woot**

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Sorry Jynelle, the end of registration was the 7th. :(

flamepony12
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
When is the deadline to turn our compliments in?

CagneyDog
07-18-2005, 06:36 PM
When is the deadline to turn our compliments in?

It was yesterday.

flamepony12
07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
oh shoot... I was gone!! :( Meg, do you think you could make an exception? I can have them in by today...

CagneyDog
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
oh shoot... I was gone!! :( Meg, do you think you could make an exception? I can have them in by today...

Read the other thread!! there are a few people that haven't finished and I think she is giving them extensions.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, the deadline never works out... lmao...

Send it in as soon as possible. As I said, I haven't even started mine yet, lmao...