PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 113 - Weird Habits

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I got to talk to slick yesterday!!! I'm still excited!!! What fun!!!

She suggested I open the bar today. So, I thought how about everyone fessing up to at least one of their weird habits?

I've been told I'm weird because I always look at the sidewalk when I walk. I am trying to avoid stepping on ants and other bugs. It just seems mean to me to step on smaller creatures that are trying so hard to get out of my way. Of course, spiders are exempt from this rule! :eek:

Slushies and weird habits anyone?:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll take a slushie!

People say I'm wierd because I dance in my car. I listen to a LOT of techno music and of course it makes me want to dance, so I dance as I drive.

People give me funny looks on the freeway...

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I have lots of weird habits, but I can't remember all of them now. Most involve food. One is that when I have several different items on my plate, I don't want them to touch...I know that's weird.

beeniesmom
06-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Yum slushy!
I guess I do a lot of strange things... like sleepwalking.
I've never gone outside, but I have walked in other peoples bedrooms and just stood there. I would go back to bed then and never remember anything in the morning.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 10:48 AM
:D Ah, I'm glad I'm not alone!

Yes, Mario, keeping cherries in your diaper qualifies as weird!

Slushies UP! I mean DONE!:D

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Let's see......I have a few.....I dance all the time, everywhere. :) I know one thing that people always say is weird about me is that I hate wearing jeans that don't cover my shoes. Basically, if I cross my legs and you can see the top of my shoe or part of my sock, I won't buy the jeans. :) Oh, and, feeding Finn a raw diet, a lot of people think is weird, too. And, I'll take a slushie, just a virgin cherry one will be good. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
. And, I'll take a slushie, just a virgin cherry one will be good. :) Doesn't dancing make you HappY? I used to love it before my arthritis got the best of me. I'll still stand and shake my bum once in a while!:D

Virgin cherry slushie: DONE!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Is it Thursday already? :eek:

I have no weird habits at all - none - zip - nadda! Well....none that I would consider weird anyway....does having to have a Coke in a McDonald's cup with 5 ice cubes every morning count as a weird habit? :rolleyes: :D

A little too early for one of those slushies, but I will take another one of those cokes! :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Doesn't dancing make you HappY? I used to love it before my arthritis got the best of me. I'll still stand and shake my bum once in a while!:D

Dancing is great!! The best part about dancing to the music I dance to is that you can be totally clueless and still look like a pro ;)

Anyone ever see that Six Flags commercial with the dancing old man lol?

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Doesn't dancing make you HappY? I used to love it before my arthritis got the best of me. I'll still stand and shake my bum once in a while!:D

yes! i will dance to anything! anywhere, anytime, with anyone (or no one!). i love dancing to eighties music and hip hop crap. i say crap, cuz i don't really like hip hop, but, it's fun to booty shake. i either end up dancing like a stripper or like molly ringwald in the breakfast club. ;) speaking of.....my niece and i are going to try to get up to this bar/club in charlotte next month. it's called the breakfast club, and, you're supposed to dress up in 80s stuff. it should be fun! we've already got the leg warmers! ;)

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
yes! speaking of.....my niece and i are going to try to get up to this bar/club in charlotte next month. it's called the breakfast club, and, you're supposed to dress up in 80s stuff. it should be fun! we've already got the leg warmers! ;)

That sounds like so much fun! There's nothing like that around here, no good themes. You'll have a blast

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
That sounds like so much fun! There's nothing like that around here, no good themes. You'll have a blast

neither of us have ever gone, but it's supposedly several floors with different music.....

King Spartacus
06-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
I have lots of weird habits, but I can't remember all of them now. Most involve food. One is that when I have several different items on my plate, I don't want them to touch...I know that's weird.

Guilty! I do that too... and even after 6 years, my partner still forgets if he fills up my plate for me... Imagine... if we have rice, he will squish it all over the plate, and then just plop everything onto it!!! Noooooo! Rice by itself, whatever else there is by itself, and the bread can't touch anything either!!!

Sylvie, KS' mom

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by King Spartacus
Guilty! I do that too... and even after 6 years, my partner still forgets if he fills up my plate for me... Imagine... if we have rice, he will squish it all over the plate, and then just plop everything onto it!!! Noooooo! Rice by itself, whatever else there is by itself, and the bread can't touch anything either!!!

I know a lot of people who do that. My friend, Ami, is almost 30 and still eats every meal on a separated dish, like she's on a permanent picnic. She's the most anal person I've ever known about that particular weird habit. :)

slick
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks for opening up the bar MOFF! Nice talking to you too. :) :)
Folks, I just arrived at work to a TON of messages that I must take care of so will not get a chance to check back for a couple of hours. Enjoy yourselves..and for the new patrons, have you been carded? Did you know that for your first time here you must tell a joke?

...and please whatever you do, don't let Mario shove those cherry pits up Possum's nose. :eek: :D

Later.

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by slick
..and for the new patrons, have you been carded? Did you know that for your first time here you must tell a joke?

I told mine already, do you remember? :) And, I've been carded, too. :)

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by King Spartacus

Sylvie, KS' mom

Personally, I like the paper plates with seperate sections. Each item has its own section. I am so glad that I found someone else who does that! Most people just think I'm a little off...maybe I am!

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone!! What are you doing behind the bar MOFF? Have they got you working? :eek:

I'll take a slushie please and I'm afraid I have no weird habits that I can entertain you with, but I WAN'T NO TALK OF FOOTBALL FROM THE GUYS THIS WEEK! UNDERSTAND?

lbaker
06-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi KK, sorry for stepping on your heals on the way in, don't you hate it when that happens :mad: Want me to spell you behind the bar MOFF? Weird habits huh? hmmmm, well... can't think of any at the moment although I have been told a few times that I can BE a weird habit :o Speaking of weird habits where are Gini and Richard? Corinna? Trev? Maybe this whole BAR is a weird habit.. AH HAAA! That's the joke! Very good one MOFF & Slick :D

davidpizzica
06-29-2005, 01:26 PM
I have a weird habit- > waves hand< I don't like to step on cracks in the sidewalk! I know it's weird, but I do it. I'll have a slushy also. Thanks anyhow, Mario, I'll get some fresh cherries. thanks for offering.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Want me to spell you behind the bar MOFF? :D Thanks Laurie! I need to get off line for a while. Our temp is 100 and I don't have ac (wouldn't use it anyway, so don't geel sorry for me). I just don't want the new computer to overheat.

I give a Done to T&P for her coke and a blanket Done: for all the slushies up to this point.

Have fun. Try to keep an eye on Mario. He wants to go swimming if any feels up to watching him. I'll be back this evening, hopefully.:D

wolflady
06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Dancing is great!! The best part about dancing to the music I dance to is that you can be totally clueless and still look like a pro ;)

Anyone ever see that Six Flags commercial with the dancing old man lol?

LOL LOL I know which commercial you mean! It cracks me up, plus I have that song they play in that commercial on one of my dance mix CDs. I love techno music too. What are some of your favorites?

Hmmm...weird habits...
Not sure...I guess I'm a weird habit for anyone who is brave enough to take me as a friend! LOL
:p

I dance and sing in my car too. I think it's pretty typical of a lot of people though ;)

I like dipping french fries in mayo or in "mac sauce" if I'm eating at Mcdonald's, or even in ranch dressing.
No matter how late it is before I go to sleep, I have to read. Be it 10pm or 2am...I can't sleep unless I read at least a little bit.

lbaker
06-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Mario can go swimming only if he wears his little water-wings. NO SPEED-O'S Mario! *sufferin' succotash* Do you have a regular fan MOFF? Hanging an icy towel in front of the fan used to be all I needed :cool:

Samantha Puppy
06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Do I need to be carded since I'm ordering a drink without the booze? (I don't think my baby would appreciate being pickled...)

I have two weird things I do. First, my paper money must ALL be facing the same way. It must be arranged with $1 in the front and larger bills in the back (in order, like after the $1s are $5s and then $10s, etc.). It drives me nuts when some of the money is backwards or upside down. I will hold up the line at a store to make sure my money is in order and correct.

Second thing I do is make the sign of the cross at a picture of Jesus Christ my father painted many years ago. It's in my parent's basement, so when I lived with them I saw it quite often and felt horrible pangs of guilt if I didn't make the sign. Even now, a year after I got married and moved out, if I pass that picture, I cross myself.

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
LOL LOL I know which commercial you mean! It cracks me up, plus I have that song they play in that commercial on one of my dance mix CDs. I love techno music too. What are some of your favorites?

Hmmm...weird habits...
Not sure...I guess I'm a weird habit for anyone who is brave enough to take me as a friend! LOL

I dance and sing in my car too. I think it's pretty typical of a lot of people though ;)

I like dipping french fries in mayo or in "mac sauce" if I'm eating at Mcdonald's, or even in ranch dressing.
No matter how late it is before I go to sleep, I have to read. Be it 10pm or 2am...I can't sleep unless I read at least a little bit.

I have the reading habit too...usually I cure it by reading a little PT before I go to bed :D And mayo on fries is SO good! I think I'll take an order.

I love a lot of techno music. Darude, ATB, ATC...I love a lot of the local DJs around here too. One of my favorites is a guy named G.A.M.M.A, he does a lot of good PsyTrance mixes. I'm a DJ myself (hence the DJ in my username lol). I mix PsyTrance, trance, a little house, maybe some jungle if I'm in the mood. I'm not too big a fan of Hardcore but I do like a few songs here and there. PM me if you want, I can burn you a cd or something and send it your way :D And I just remembered you aren't too far from me! I'm going to be in Grass Valley this weekened for a party, I wish I had the fuel to get to SF lol.

Sorry to hijack the bar :o Mario, Remus what are you talking about over there???

slick
06-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Just checking in for a minute while I eat my lunch....gosh, I just hate it when work interferes with my PT time.

Let's see...weird habits...well, there's too many to post here but the most anal one is that I absolutely MUST park straight in a parking spot. If I'm slightly crooked, then I back up and pull ahead again, even it takes 3 or 4 tries. :o Yes, and I've been called weird myself, but that's nothing new.

I love to dance and sing, but refuse to do either in public. :o :D A double BM to go please.

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2005, 02:46 PM
That all sounds perfectly normal to me, Slick!

King Spartacus, we haven't heard your joke sweetie. Have you got one to tell us? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I absolutely MUST park straight in a parking spot. If I'm slightly crooked, then I back up and pull ahead again, even it takes 3 or 4 tries. :o
Slick, you and Terry are going to get along juuuusstt fine. ;) :D Do you know how many times we have to re-park the motorhome sometimes? Last night I parked him then told him to hang on before he shut it down. He asked why and I said "Well, you're a little crooked. You will probably want to straighten out but I'm not sure so I wanted you to look." His first reaction was to shut it down, it's fine. He got out of the motorhome, saw that it was a little off and sure enough, got right back in, started it up and re-parked so it was straight. :rolleyes: :D And it's sooo hard for me to tell just how straight he is because the people on both sides of us are as crooked as you can get!

SP, I do the same thing with money! The only difference is I put the little bills in the back. Terry is like you and puts the big bills in the back and I always get it wrong so I know remember bbb when I'm handling his money. ;) :rolleyes:

Slushie time for me! I'll take a green one today. Not in the mood for sweets.

wolflady
06-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I have the reading habit too...usually I cure it by reading a little PT before I go to bed :D And mayo on fries is SO good! I think I'll take an order.

I love a lot of techno music. Darude, ATB, ATC...I love a lot of the local DJs around here too. One of my favorites is a guy named G.A.M.M.A, he does a lot of good PsyTrance mixes. I'm a DJ myself (hence the DJ in my username lol). I mix PsyTrance, trance, a little house, maybe some jungle if I'm in the mood. I'm not too big a fan of Hardcore but I do like a few songs here and there. PM me if you want, I can burn you a cd or something and send it your way :D And I just remembered you aren't too far from me! I'm going to be in Grass Valley this weekened for a party, I wish I had the fuel to get to SF lol.

Sorry to hijack the bar :o Mario, Remus what are you talking about over there???

You're awesome! I'd love a mix CD. :D
I haven't heard of G.A.M.M.A, so I'll have to be sure to look into that also:)
Where do you DJ? That is so neat!

I'd like a slushy please...to go! It's a busy day at the office...pretty typical for me these days though...
:rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I kinda wish my office was busy...although right now Im just in the mood to go home. My back is all in a knot for some wierd reason...anyone got a slushie to cure a sore back?

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Here's a slushie DJFyrewolf36! Can I give you a massage with that?

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Here's a slushie DJFyrewolf36! Can I give you a massage with that?

:D I would be more than happy to accept a massage :D

No no no, not from you Mario, you'll get cherry juice everywhere

RedHedd
06-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Let's see...weird habits...well, there's too many to post here but the most anal one is that I absolutely MUST park straight in a parking spot. If I'm slightly crooked, then I back up and pull ahead again, even it takes 3 or 4 tries. :o I do that too! I didn't know it was weird; I thought I was just being polite to the other people who have to park around me .... ever try to park next to someone who just could'nt care less whether or not they're even sort of in the parking space?

I sing and dance in my car too - especially sing. I get a LOT of smiles and strange looks from the people driving around me. I also dance when something danceworthy comes on the T.V. and I dance with the cats - Mishi tolerates it, Mitzi hates it. My RB Goldie used to love to dance with me.

I also make up words to jingly/commercial songs - usually nonsensical and inevenitably sung to the cats. I makes us all happy!

I'll have a CNT to go - taking off for Toronto in a few hours! YIPPEE!

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Sorry Debbie.... Terry is right.....Big Bills go in Back.....everyone knows that!:D :D ;) :D (except for my lucky two dollar bill.....)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Mario can go swimming only if he wears his little water-wings. NO SPEED-O'S Mario! *sufferin' succotash* Do you have a regular fan MOFF? Hanging an icy towel in front of the fan used to be all I needed :cool: Yep, fans in almost every room. I mist the air with cold water too. That helps a lot. If I get really desperate, I can always defrost the freezer. That's a really cold job.

Mario, you are all pruny! No more swimming today for you!
Here's your beer witha cherry in it. I think Possum wants to play!

Gosh, I've got so many of everyone's weird habits my own self, it's embarrassing! :eek:

SLUSHIES: DONE!:D

slick
06-30-2005, 12:31 AM
I need booze, and I need it now!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Oggyflute
06-30-2005, 02:09 AM
G'day all,
Wierd habits? hhmm, I dont know if being a trekkie is weird, but slick and myself would argue with anyone on that point.:D I do have one that makes carole and my sister laugh when she and her husband comes over for dinner. Evidently whenever I stir or mix something, my tounge pops out, as I vigorously stir away.:D My sister and Carole get a great laugh out of it.:rolleyes: (they stop when I threaten no dessert:D )

Now KK about the football.........................:D

Think I'm in the mood for a Guiness this evening.:)

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 07:22 AM
Oggy, being a trekkie is only odd if you go about wearing flared trousers which come to just below your knees! :D

lbaker
06-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Do you have nice legs Trev? In that case maybe it's allowed :D One Guiness for you. Anything for you Karen? I'm up and about and ready for some breakfast. Brunch for you all across the puddle? Smoked Salmon with chopped eggs and onions on thin toast? (forget the nasty capers please - yuck). Fresh berries with cream? :cool: Happy Friday eve ;)

slick
06-30-2005, 07:47 AM
but slick and myself would argue with anyone on that point.
Hey, you got that right. Life long and prosper!!!! Nothing weird about being a trekkie, or wearing flared trousers....:D :D
Good morning everyone. Quite a day yesterday, not without the drama. I'm up early this morning....the smell of breakfast came "waffling" into my bedroom. Oh boy, smoked salmon and eggs. Laurie, you've got my number honey.

As usual, there is fresh Bailey's on the bar for anyone who wants a kickstart to their morning.

Karen, speak to you later. ;) :)

Hmmmm, is it Friday or Thursday??:confused:

whalelover
06-30-2005, 07:48 AM
First off...I'll take a virgin margarita please!
As for weird habits...did I mention that I am a freezie addict? I have to have at least 1 full freezee every day lol it makes me so happy!
Also...I have to check the mailbox every time I go into my house or come out of it (pass by it) no matter what!
aiiiieee

trayi52
06-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi everybody! How are you all doing? Hope youare are feeling good this day!

A cup of coffee sounds good this morning.

Willie:)

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Oooh, good brunch, good coffee and Baileys, good company - heaven!!

davidpizzica
06-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Oh, Laurie! Salmon and eggs is making my mouth water. My boss does have a little bit of a heart. He let most of us go home early after our jobs were finished to beat the heat and humidity. BTW, any more Bailey's left?

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Loads left, David! Did you think I had finished it all? :eek: Would you like some ice with yours?

davidpizzica
06-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Loads left, David! Did you think I had finished it all? :eek: Would you like some ice with yours? Karen, I'll have some ice with it! Today in Pittsburgh it will be 90 degrees F. with the humidity at 88% That's HOT!

lbaker
06-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Just make sure it's not any of Richards lime ice. :eek: Let's save that for the slushies ;) Or iced CNT, I bet that would be gud :cool:

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Poor thing! It was sticky and roasting here up until yesterday morning, but not any more. I'll put ice in yours, but have mine neat!

So you have an unexpected holiday this afternoon?

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Iced catnip tea! Good idea. I will take three of those and give the girls a treat.

davidpizzica
06-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Nikki & Daisy are feeling it too! I'll take two iced CNTs for them!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Happy Thursday all!

My kitties are begging for iced cat nip tea too. It was 79 when I got up at 5:30 this morning. That was our low. They do say we should get a small cool down and maybe some rain later today. I'm ready!

By the way, where is miss gini?

Too hot to eat. I'll just fix a lime sherbet float. I'll share!:D

lbaker
06-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Anyone remember where we stashed the ice cream maker last summer? NO, don't try to tell me it's in the L&F... I ain't gonna fall for THAT one again ;) I love sherbet MOFF! Lime, orange, raspberry.... all flavors :cool: oooooo I know! Remember we had Creamsickles as DOTD once last year. They were YUMMMY!!

DJFyrewolf36
06-30-2005, 02:03 PM
MMMmmm Ice cream sounds good!

Howdy all, just stopping in and taking a break from a busy day. You'd think right before a holiday people would be winding down!!

Two CNTs and good ale for me :D

Oh btw, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a trekkie ;)

slick
06-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey there, just checking in for a bit before carrying on with my busy day.

Can I please get a double BM??? Got a very important phone call to make. ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-30-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm like Slick yesterday...I need alcohol! I am so bored out of my mind it's ridiculous! I have plenty of work to do, but I don't want to do any of it! I have so much to do at home and here I sit wasting my time at work. :rolleyes: Not to mention that it's a be-u-tee-ful day outside!

Anyway, I'll just take this pitcher of slushies and go mope in the corner so I don't ruin anyone else's day. :rolleyes:

lbaker
06-30-2005, 02:21 PM
*runs over to sit by phone* ;)

smokey the elder
06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
I have been lurking here for a LONG time, and finally found an appropriate "cover" being a chemist and all:

Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron," The other
says, "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Aaaaaaaaargh!!! :D :D :D ... or would a GROAN be more appropriate? :D

Are you back Laurie, or are you still waiting for the phone to ring? MINE RANG!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

lbaker
06-30-2005, 06:03 PM
:mad: no call, well.. there could have been :o I just walked in the door *sheepishly* OMD I mentioned sheep again didn't I :eek: ennywho Karen, I have a devious plan.. heh heh heh Also, it occured to me that two weeks from RIGHT NOW I will have "Lauries" Chesapeake Bay crab cake fixin's sitting on a platter in Gini's fridge..setting up, just waiting to be cooked up! EEE DOGGIES! BRING IT ON PILGRIMS :D
edit here..
Gee Karen, aren't you the one that said I "talk funny"? Dahling, you ain't seen nothin' yet;)

DJFyrewolf36
06-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
I have been lurking here for a LONG time, and finally found an appropriate "cover" being a chemist and all:

Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron," The other
says, "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."

Now THAT is humor! :D

I feel your pain T & P...it was like that yesterday. Today I've been busier than a one legged man in a sack race *sighs* I am glad it is quitting time around here.

One more slushie please, and can you pass some crab cakes this way?

RICHARD
06-30-2005, 09:18 PM
bartender? One of everything you got.....

I guess I better get pouring.

slick
06-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I'll get it for you Richard. DONE!
After all....I just have to rub it in.....my holidays officially start right NOW! :D :D

...but if that's the case, why do I need to work tomorrow on a stat???? :confused: They always pile it on when they know your leaving for vacation....

RICHARD
06-30-2005, 11:25 PM
EFF WORK......LOOK AT ME!! At 5:30 tomorrow I go on vacation.

The Tour de France starts on saturday, the Nascar race is on sat night...the space probe is set for 10:50 on sunday night...BASEBALL ALL WEEKEND.....I have money, health and some fun to be had.....

DRink up everyone!!!!:D

slick
07-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Whoa, Richard....that's quite a weekend. Have you been to Costco to buy the booze yet?? ;) :D

gini
07-01-2005, 12:44 AM
A little late - but it is still Thursday here in sunny CA.

Weird habits - my first thought was no, none that I can think of, but then I read about the way you put your money in your wallet and it was Oh Oh - I do that too. But the Big Bills go in the Back!!

I also never throw money into my purse loose. It always has to be neatly put away - even the change. Ever see people who wad up their money and pull it out of their pocket or purse?
How do they ever know how much they have?

There was another weird one too - guess it was parking in a space straight. Funny - I never thought about it until you mentioned it.

Now - got that off my chest - can I have a large pitcher of slushies.

Mario - why are you tugging on my arm? Oh, you want me to go swimming with you - o.k.

Oggyflute
07-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Looks like Richard is set for the weekend.:D

That salmon sounds soooo good. But I guess I'm a tad late for breaky.:( No worries though, I'll just make up some spicy salmon cutlets for everyone.:D

Spicy Australian Salmon Cutlets -
Ingredients:
6 Australian Salmon cutlets 3-4cm thick
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons white flour
3 tablespoons curry powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespsoon tumeric
1 tablespoon paprika
chopped parsley
lemon wedges
soy sauce
· Mix flour, currypower, brown sugar, tumeric, and paprika.
· Pat dry cutlets with towelling and coat with mixture until covered.
· Heat pan on high and add oil. When oil starts smoking, reduce heat to medium.
· Fry cutlets, turning after 5 min.
· Cook until golden brown.
· Serve with soy sauce, and lemon wedges and a bed of steamed jasmine rice.

A bottle of semillion or even a traminer will go down with this a treat.
:D

Smokey, you sound suspiciously like my old science teacher from high school:rolleyes:

"Live long & prosper";)

gini
07-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Wow - are you making those for us Trev?

You have my mouth watering!

Oggyflute
07-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Absolutely.:) Done on a BBQ, with a tossed salad, they are just the best.

lbaker
07-01-2005, 06:53 AM
That sounds perfect for our Independence Day cookout. You won't be upset if I leave out the curry on my cutlet will you? Can't abide the smell. Maybe instead of paprika I'll use Old Bay. As you can see, my cooking is haphazardly based on ideas. I have a feeling you can "get down" with that Trev :D Stellar year for crabs on the Chesapeake! YEAAAAA!

edit: today musical program will be in honor of our dearly beloved Canooks - HAPPY CANADA DAY! Canada Oh Canada! I hope Joni Mitchell is OK with everyone. Isn't Van Morrison from Canada? Oh well, he's good to listen to today anyway. HAPPY DAY SLICK!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Isn't Van Morrison from Canada?

Don't know if he's from Canada, but doesn't he sing Gloria?

Gloooooria G-L-O-R-I-A Gloo-oooria

Not one of my favorite songs, but it is one of Terry's and everytime it comes he blasts it and sings at the top of his lungs! :rolleyes: :D I know the Doors do a version too, but his favorite version is done by Van Morrison.

'Morning everybody! Congratulations to you lucky bums who are on vacation - I'm so jealous! But I'm not going to let it get me down becacause today is Friday and we do have a 3 day weekend ahead of us - yipee!!!! 3 whole days to bond with the new motorhome. ;)

So, how 'bout we start off the Independence Day weekend with some red, white and blue? Pancakes made with blueberries and strawberries topped with whipped cream? Sounds rather decadent....but yummy. :D

lbaker
07-01-2005, 09:11 AM
My favorite Red, White and Blue treat is Angel Food cake topped with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream! RW&B pancakes this morning and RW&B treats all day! OH MY, Mario just swooned in rapture :D

gini
07-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Oh Debbie, you just cracked me up mentioning pancakes.

I think Slick will laugh hard too...........................

I think this calls for a p/m.

lbaker
07-01-2005, 09:22 AM
BWAAAAHHHAAAAAHAAAA Are we now returning to the original subject matter? "Weird Habits" :D :D :D

RICHARD
07-01-2005, 09:46 AM
slick,

I don't belong to Costco......after the fun I had in the checkout line they won't let me in anymore.

I am the kinda guy that buys everything at once....

THAT make for interesing conversations in the store..

Didi I mention that Pink Floyd is tomorrow too?

Laurie....

Stellar year for CRABS???

THat must mean there is an upward trend in the employment numbers.....especially the working gals....:rolleyes: :D

lbaker
07-01-2005, 09:56 AM
No crab quiche for you Mr Smarty Pants :p

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2005, 11:52 AM
AHHHHH!!!
We had rain last night!!! Can you believe it? It's almost 30 degrees cooler today than yesterday. You can bet I'm enjoying myself!!!! I almost feel cold!!! :D

Got the fixins for chili cheese dogs for the weekend. Wouldn't be the 4th without them. (plenty of antacid too!)

Hey, why is Mario passed out on the floor? :eek:

catland
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I have a Costco card. I haven't been kicked out yet.

Debbie - I'd love some of those pancakes.

smokey the elder
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Hmm, weird habits...other than the usual general anal-ness from being an analytical chemist...here's one from work. I can't run samples if someone else's samples are in the tray. I need to put them aside! (How dorky can you get??:p )

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Pancakes, yay!! I'll take some!

Remus get out of my blueberries! *Remus actually likes fruit...how's that for wierd?*

So long as we're on the subject of wierd habits, how about sharing some wierd habits your furkids have?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
My kitty kats have no weird habits, just like their meowmy. ;) :p :D

STE - congratulations on the full-time status! I think that calls for a round of slushies. How about some red, white and blue slushies? Sounds yummy! :D

MOFF, we got rain two nights ago and it's first cooling off now. Yes, stepping out the door this morning was like taking a breath of fresh air - literally! :D Hot/humid is supposed to return on Monday though - blech. :rolleyes:

DJ, my mom's cat eats musk melon! It's the one and only thing he'll actually beg for. But he's just plain ol' weird all around. ;) :D

slick
07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by gini
Oh Debbie, you just cracked me up mentioning pancakes.

I think Slick will laugh hard too...........................

:D :D :D I hear there are special tools for mixing the pancake batter........

Hi everyone...I'm at work today. Just stopping in for a double BM to get my day started. I'm the only one here and do anticipate getting lots of work done, provided I can log off PT....:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Lady has a thing for fruit as well, especially pomegranite seeds, and the occassional banana. Personally, I don't have any wierd habits, everyone else does:D

How about a red white and blue beer?

lbaker
07-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I had forgotten about Red White & Blue beer! Haven't seen any in ages, do they still make it? Mario is OK MOFF, he just got carried away with all the talk about strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. I bet if you wave a bowl of cherries under his nose he'll come to ;)

smokey the elder
07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Actually I'm not a big fan of tequila. I would like a Cuba Libre (rum'n'coke with lime.)

Mobius loves to poke at my SO's head when she thinks he's not petting her fast enough.

Diamond MUST baptize the litter box once you clean it.

TicTac MUST have his morning belly rub.

Variable numbers of cats absolutely have to follow me into the bathroom to make sure "everything comes out all right."

Sometimes Bubba picks food out of the bowl and eats it off the floor.

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Smokey, it usually ends up a fight to see who can baptize the litterbox first! Spook and Remus both love doing that...

I've got bathroom patrol as well, especially Remus. He expects that if you are in there, you are there to turn on his personal fountain (the bathtub faucet).

Spook must be petted as you leave the house, no matter if you are going to work for the day or if you are leaving to check the mailbox she MUST have her proper goodbye or she will YOWL loud enough to wake the dead!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Mario is OK MOFF, he just got carried away with all the talk about strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. I bet if you wave a bowl of cherries under his nose he'll come to ;) *moff waves jar of cherries under Mario's nose ... His eyes pop open and he grins!!! *

Thank goodness, Mario, you are awake. Yes, you can have some of the cherries but not all of them. You need to save room for the strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream later!

Mario, looks heavenward, smiles, gives a happy sigh and passes out again!

:eek::D

lbaker
07-01-2005, 04:22 PM
:D :D Dang MOFF, you will certainly be at the BBQ in spirit[s] if not in person!

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Go faster clock!!!

Sigh...anyone want to pass the time with a game of gin rummy?

Lady's Human
07-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Gin? Did someone say Gin? I'll take mine with some tonic water please.

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I'll join you if you do the mixing, I always foul up Gin and Tonics...

Don't ask me how...:p

Lady's Human
07-01-2005, 06:46 PM
No problem, I'll mix you deal. (think they'd mind we working on machinery while tanked? :D )

lbaker
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Loves the Gini
Hates the Gin
Let's get mild
And say "remember when". :rolleyes:

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"....

slick
07-01-2005, 07:09 PM
:eek: :confused: Wait a minute....Gini likes Gin??? I thought Rum and Coke was more to her liking!!!

Still at work here folks but finishing up soon and THEN my vacation officially starts. :D :D

Any chance of getting a slushie over here?? Laurie, now's the time to talk....I'm alone here today.....:D :D :D :D

lbaker
07-01-2005, 07:22 PM
* easy for YOU to say * TURKEY! HAHAHAHAHA A litter of teen-age boys just walked into my house :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
07-01-2005, 07:46 PM
May I have a slushy over here, too? The boss tried to work me into the ground today! I swear he still thinks I'm 20 years old!!

gini
07-01-2005, 08:14 PM
I officially declare a HOLIDAY for everyone - no work - all play!

Let the party begin.

Da Da - Da Da rum pum pum rum
In my drum!

Did you know that my family spells my name GYN
so as not to confuse me with that nasty stuff - GIN.

So I changed it to RUM!

Well, this thread is about weird isn't it?:D :D :D

Lady's Human
07-01-2005, 08:54 PM
We're moving the party to the mayor's house........free beer? Maybe Mario and Miss Hoppy can have fun together

Beer Truck Crash Snags Route 128 Commute
Route 128's Grove Street Ramp Reopened Late Wednesday Morning

POSTED: 12:12 pm EDT June 29, 2005
UPDATED: 4:28 pm EDT June 29, 2005

NEWTON, Mass. -- A tractor-trailer truck carrying beer and hard alcohol overturned on a ramp to Route 128 Wednesday morning snagging traffic for hours.

Video

Kelley Tuthill Reports On Crash

NewsCenter 5's Kelley Tuthill reported that the truck rolled over shortly before 4 a.m. but none of the beer spilled out onto the roadway. When crews tried to right the truck, the roof came off dumping scores of boxes of beer, wine and vodka onto the side of the road.

The accident at exit 22 at the Riverside MBTA station caused big traffic tie-ups on Route 128 south from the Massachusetts Turnpike Wednesday morning. The ramp reopened at about 11 a.m. Wednesday.

The driver, identified as Jose Perbera, 50, of New Bedford, Mass., was not injured. He said he thought he was getting on to the ramp for the Mass. Pike. Police said he was traveling about 50 mph.

"I was trying to get onto the Mass. Pike and then, somehow, I took the wrong exit and I lost it," he said.

"He mounted the guardrail. He rode it for about 50 to 75 feet. The vehicle flipped over and landed on its side," State Police Capt. Paul McCarthy said.

Perbera faces charges of speeding and failure to use care and caution, police said.

The ramp was closed for several hours as crews worked to right the truck and clean up the debris.

"Alcohol is considered hazardous material," said McCarthy.

A group of minimum security prisoners were brought in to help clean up the debris.

No one was injured.

smokey the elder
07-02-2005, 07:04 AM
"Alcohol is considered hazardous material..." *sigh* Maybe al Qaeda will hijacka beer truck next.:p

RICHARD
07-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
"Alcohol is considered hazardous material..." *sigh* Maybe al Qaeda will hijacka beer truck next.:p

WOW, that is MY kinda BOMBED!!!!!

Hi everyone.....How's about some tamales for breakfast???

Chicken beef or pork...Is everyone rocking out yet?:D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Lady's Human

Beer Truck Crash Snags Route 128 Commute
Gosh the most exciting thing to crash around here was a chicken truck. No injuries, thankfully.
We did get mighty entertained watching the police chase the chickens though! :D

RICHARD
07-02-2005, 12:15 PM
lololol, I just thought of something MOFF...

Better to watch them chase the chickens as opposed to choking the chickens? eh??

MY weird thing?

I cannot read a book that someone has already read.....

Or a newspaper.....

THat means the story or the soul of the story has been taken out of it.....

Now, call the Men in the White Coats.....;)

gini
07-02-2005, 12:33 PM
But Richard, what about all of those "souls" on the internet?

Hmmmm, how would you look in a white coat?:D :D

I just heard about a speech given by the Opinion Editor of the Los Angeles Times. He said that soon the LA Times may become just a "local" newspaper - or it is published only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (best advertising revenue days).

It is because they cannot get the news to people as rapidly as the internet can provide it.

lbaker
07-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Richard? What book could there be that hasn't been read by someone else? I re-read several books quite often and I'M the one that has read it before. So, hmmm - does that mean you would never read Alice In Wonderland for example?? What a pity you silly man. ;) Can't wait to see you again and give you a Noogie :p

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
lololol, I just thought of something MOFF...

Better to watch them chase the chickens as opposed to choking the chickens? eh??

MY weird thing?

I cannot read a book that someone has already read.....

Or a newspaper.....

THat means the story or the soul of the story has been taken out of it.....

Now, call the Men in the White Coats.....;) Since every book has been read by a proofreader at least once, have you EVER read a book? :eek:
Oh, wait, I bet you mean the actual book book not the story, right? Nothing odd about that!

Of course I should talk! Ever since I read Gone with the Wind, I have to peek at the end. I can't stand a book that doesn't have a deffinate ending. No leaving me hanging! Drives me right up the wall.

Here chick chick chick! :D

DJFyrewolf36
07-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Gosh the most exciting thing to crash around here was a chicken truck. No injuries, thankfully.
We did get mighty entertained watching the police chase the chickens though! :D

Wow...the oddest truck to crash here was a truck full of grapes. It crashed up on top of a hill and the grapes rolled all the way to the bottom about 3 miles down! Lots of squishy grapes everywhere!! It took about two days to clean up lol

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Wow...the oddest truck to crash here was a truck full of grapes. It crashed up on top of a hill and the grapes rolled all the way to the bottom about 3 miles down! Lots of squishy grapes everywhere!! It took about two days to clean up lol :D Well, now we have wine and chicken!!! Anyone want to add to the menu?:D

slick
07-02-2005, 10:15 PM
I just thought of another weird habit that I have......

This has to do with linens.....sheets, towels, dish clothes, dish towels....

Whenever I fold the laundry and put it away, the freshly laundered ones go on top. When I pick out a new one to use, I MUST pick from the bottom of the pile. That way they all get even usage. :rolleyes:

Good evening everyone. This morning started off as a blistery rainy day but by Noon, the clouds had cleared and it's been hot and sunny the rest of the day. Yes MOFF, to me 70 is hot. ;) :D I even got my car washed.

So, I'm just settling down for the evening and I could sure use a BM right about now.

Hmmm. truck accidents...this city is so big that they usually don't stand out. Chicken and wine????? :D :D :D It's the visual. LOL

Lady's Human
07-02-2005, 11:13 PM
For truck accidents, one can't forget Harry Chapin, Scranton PA and 30,000 pounds of bananas.

Hmmm, a banana plit and a white russian sounds good about now

RICHARD
07-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
For truck accidents, one can't forget Harry Chapin, Scranton PA and 30,000 pounds of bananas.

Hmmm, a banana plit and a white russian sounds good about now

ANd how can we forget the Allman brother that hit the peach truck...

Eat a Peach!

Banana split, White Russian... Done!

Peach Margaritas anyone?

I have to explain the book thing.....

When I was a kid my dad would bring home books for us to read..

I still have a set of an encylopedia my dad brought home for us.

THere are volumes missing...but they were books.

In the school library I read books that the other kids wrote in, tore----jacked the up good...

Even today, when I see anyone with a school book that is written in or on, it makes me crazy.....

So when someone hands me a book that is totally thrashed I have to crings. The spine busted, pages folded or torn....
the cover bent.....I should look at it as a well read book.....but I hate to see a book in such bad shape......

The soul has been 'read' out of it....

LOLOL

I'll send you the address of the clinic I'll be at.

Randi
07-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Richard, now you just need a butler to bring you your morning paper freshly ironed. :D

One time many years ago, before I knew the subtlety of the english language .... Well, I bought some stuff from a friend very cheap, and I told John about it, telling him (as I was told) that it had fallen off a truck. I really did believe it had!! John was laughing his b@//s off!

Now, I could do with a cold slushie while I charge the batteries. :) Does anyone know for long they should be charged? It says that if they're not uncharged?, they won't last as long. :confused: Hmmm ....

RICHARD
07-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Randi

One time many years ago, before I knew the subtlety of the english language .... Well, I bought some stuff from a friend very cheap, and I told John about it, telling him (as I was told) that it had fallen off a truck. I really did believe it had!! John was laughing his b@//s off!

Now, I could do with a cold slushie while I charge the batteries. :) Does anyone know for long they should be charged? It says that if they're not uncharged?, they won't last as long. :confused: Hmmm ....

A freshly charged slushie???

DOne!

A battery should be full discharged before charging it again...there is some kind of 'memory' that is built inbto a battery that lets it know how much of a charge to keep...I can;t explain it well but I heard about it....

I just remembered that 'the truck' is also called the Turnip Truck....

As in.......Do you think I just feel off the turnip truck?