PDA

View Full Version : War of the Worlds

beeniesmom
06-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Are you going to see it? I think it comes out today.

Jadapit
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I really want to see that movie! It looks really good. I love Dakota Fanning (i believe thats her name) she is a great actor and such a cute little girl.:)

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I will probably see it, but, it's not one I'm dying to go to. I want to see the original, too.

elizabethann
06-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I think I'm going to see it on Friday. If I do, I'll give you my review. However, I'm hearing it's getting a good rating.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I thought it looked good, but now with all the buzz about the Tom Cruise interview with Matt Lauer, I'm not sure. I always liked Tom Cruise but he kind of came off as a know-it-all fanatic in that interview and I wasn't impressed at all.

beeniesmom
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
answer to: Tubby & Peanut's Mom: now with all the buzz about the Tom Cruise interview with Matt Lauer, I'm not sure. I always liked Tom Cruise but he kind of came off as a know-it-all fanatic in that interview and I wasn't impressed at all.

I agree with you. I wasn't impressed with him and the interview. I also think this thing with K. Holmes will blow off quickly. It won't last. I will see the movie however. I will wait until probably Saturday or Sunday. I like that lil girl Dakota Fanning. She is very talented.

elizabethann
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
That Tom Cruise interview was veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry strange. To say he knew about the history of psyciatry? What's up with that? Stick with what you know - acting!!!

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm kinda watching the interview online. Katie bugs the crap out of me, she seems so smug or something. I don't know, Tom Cruise is definitely passionate about what he believes in. He really seems to have studied what he's talking about. I don't fault him in that aspect, but, it bugs me how many times he said "matt"....but, honestly, it makes me want to learn more about subjects like that. I don't have much of an opinion on scientology or psychiatry, because I haven't studied it. I do know a lot of people that have basically benefited from drugs like that, but, most of them have said what Tom said....that it's really just a mask. And, out of the people I know on those kinds of drugs, most of them want to be off of them. Again, I don't have an opinion on it, because I haven't studied the topic. But, I thought Tom definitely seemed to have more ground to stand on then Matt. I don't know, I thought the interview was interesting.

Samantha Puppy
06-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Tom Cruise is fruity. The last few months have more than proven that. I used to really like and respect him and felt that Nicole must've been devastated to lose him. Now I get the feeling she's probably thinking it's the best thing that happened to her!

I like Dakota Fanning a lot, I think she's very talented, but my distaste for Tom Cruise is enough to keep me away from this one... I won't go unless my husband wants to and he hasn't said anything about it.

Lady's Human
06-29-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm not going to go see the movie for several reasons:

1) the movie extras from the 10th mountain division were not reimbursed and had their training interrupted during wartime to film a movie

2) the movie bears no relation to the book

3) Tom Cruise

there are others, but those are the big three

Shelteez2
06-29-2005, 11:43 PM
My co-worker went to the preview for this movie last night and today at work she said it was one of the worst movies she's seen in a long time.

I had no plans to see this movie before her review.....lol

dukedogsmom
06-30-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't plan on seeing it. After what I've learned about Tom Cruise lately, I have no intention of supporting him in anything.

Luvin Labs
06-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
My co-worker went to the preview for this movie last night and today at work she said it was one of the worst movies she's seen in a long time.

I had no plans to see this movie before her review.....lol

see the original! :)

dunno if i'm gonna spend a lotta money to see this one, plus some of the reviews I've heard from others said that "dakota is annoying in this movie, wish I could slap her upside the head" and "the ending was disappointing"... this coming from someone who has seen the original.

i'll netflix it, doubt I'll see it in theaters.

beeniesmom
07-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I guess I won't go see it afterall...

PJ's Mom
07-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm going this afternoon. If it sucks too badly, I'll just sneak over and watch Star Wars again. :D

elizabethann
07-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry folks, but I thought this movie was awesome! It kept me on the edge of my seat! I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I thought Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning were good in this movie. I can't tell you about it because I'll give everything away and I don't want to do that. I would give it 3 1/4 stars out of 4.:D

cocker_luva
07-02-2005, 05:44 PM
i saw it last nite and loved it.

Pam
07-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Tom Cruise is fruity. The last few months have more than proven that. I used to really like and respect him and felt that Nicole must've been devastated to lose him. Now I get the feeling she's probably thinking it's the best thing that happened to her!

Me too.

christa
07-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I liked it!

RICHARD
07-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Find an old copy of the WOTW and check that out....

A great movie and some real cheesey special effects. But very good!!!

PJ's Mom
07-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Have you seen the new one, Richard? :)

RICHARD
07-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Have you seen the new one, Richard? :)

I am the kind of person who has to wait until the hubub dies down..it's on my "dvd-Hbo" list tho....

I want to see it without the cell phones..;)

-----------------------------------------

Another thing. Hollywood...

DO NOT show me a trailer with all the explosions and best scenes in it.........

I feel like I already saw the movie!!!

NoahsMommy
07-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Here's another rumor to add to your "Tom Cruise" file. ;)

We're VERY close to L.A. and it seems like everyone knows someone in the "industry" here. I've heard from quite a few people that Tom is gay, Nicole's brother is his lover.

Sounds like an interesting Jerry Springer show.

My mom told me about that interview and his views on anti-depressants. Not very good comments...most of the population take those!

He's NEVER been a favorite of mine, neither have "aliens coming to attack us" movies. ;) Won't be seeing this one.

RICHARD
07-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

He's NEVER been a favorite of mine, neither have "aliens coming to attack us" movies. ;) Won't be seeing this one.

In L.A. we are under Alien attack daily...:confused:

finn's mom
07-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Here's another rumor to add to your "Tom Cruise" file. ;)

We're VERY close to L.A. and it seems like everyone knows someone in the "industry" here. I've heard from quite a few people that Tom is gay, Nicole's brother is his lover.

That's so funny that you'd mention that today. I just heard on the radio that Rob Thomas (singer of Matchbox Twenty) and Tom Cruise had "hooked up", and, went asked about it, Rob Thomas supposedly said "If I was gay, I'd go for Brad Pitt.".....

I swear, at some point, everyone in hollywood gets accused of being gay. :rolleyes: Man, I'm glad I'm not famous, I just would never understand why people were that interested.

PJ's Mom
07-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Another thing. Hollywood...

DO NOT show me a trailer with all the explosions and best scenes in it.........

I feel like I already saw the movie!!!

I hate that too. It's even worse when they show you scenes that never make it in the movie. :rolleyes:

War of the Worlds has many impressive scenes they don't show you in the trailer. ;)

Muddy4paws
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I haven't heard the bad things going around about Tom Cruise mainly because I couldn't care less to be honest! But even if the film has nothing to do with the book ( I havent read or seen the original ) I still think the film is really worth seeing and the little girl some of you have mention is a fantastic actress I think she should win an award

Pit Chick
07-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Ok, so the original WOTW scared the crap out of me as a kid and now this one did too. :eek: I feel I got my money's worth. Now I want to watch the original. I see that a lot of you guys don't like Tom Cruise and won't see the movie because of that. You're gonna miss out. That's why I don't get involved with movie star drama. It would totally ruin the movie experience if I had personal feelings (good or bad) towards the actors/actresses. Their personal lives don't make movies.

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
I see that a lot of you guys don't like Tom Cruise and won't see the movie because of that. You're gonna miss out.

I'm still probably going to see the movie, I've just heard bad things about it, so, I'm not sure if I'll go to the theater to see it. But, they have been giving me student prices every time here in South Carolina, so, I might go if I can get in for less than $6. ;) Or I might check out a matinee. I know I won't spend full price on it, though.

GraciesMommy
07-09-2005, 09:51 PM
We went to see it today. I am not a Sci Fi fan at all..but wanted to see what all the hype was about..it was ok..I am not a TC fan at all...haven't been since he and Nic split..but I love Dakota Fanning..she is too cute..and such a great little actress..

It did have a lot of good special effects in it..

GoldenRetrLuver
07-09-2005, 11:42 PM
I saw it with some friends a few nights ago and I enjoyed it. I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan, either, but I thought it was a pretty good movie. But, like it's already been said, I thought the ending could have been much better.

I love Dakota Fanning, but I must admit, hearing her scream through the entire movie kind of got a little annoying after a while, even though I probably would have screamed too! :p