Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2002, 08:25 PM
That was a real HOOT, Liz! :D

Maybe we'll hear more from Marie ~
She won't have to holler so far!

Good On'ya, Liz

LoudLou
02-14-2002, 08:28 PM
I love your funny posts! You make us laugh. You have a great sense of humor. Thank You:D :D :D

AmberLee
02-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Sooooo funny.

Somehow crossing the Panama Canal and the bridge to L.A. tickled my fancy the most. Great stress reducer!
:D

lynnestankard
02-15-2002, 06:12 AM
That is hysterical :D :D :D

I ended up with tears streaming down my face - then I got hiccups!! Thank you so much - what a tonic!!

Lynne

AdoreMyDogs
02-15-2002, 06:23 AM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/lach.gif

lizbud
02-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks Guys,

I'm glad you liked it. Thought Marie would get
a kick out of it...It's not my joke ,so I can say it's
very funny !!! Like Phred said, she's now within
'hollering distance'.

Angels3 has not posted for awhile now & I'm
thinking maybe we should post one of those
'where are you' threads...(not that anyone should
have a personal life outside of Pet Talk or anything)
LOL. Liz.

Angels3
02-17-2002, 11:44 PM
lizbud, I just found this topic....thanks to your private message. Yep, I haven't posted for a while & it took me a bit of wandering round the board to find the topic.
But now ALL is explained...I've been disoriented because I'm hanging upside down as the result of Australia's drifting across & upwards. See the map on the site...Australia's now definitely upside down. Blood's running to me head!
We Aussies have gone from Down Under to Up Under.

Yep, it's a genuine news article...only Australians pepper everything they say with 'bloody'...even in the middle of words, like 'Fan-bloody-tastic!' (That's the sign of a true Aussie...anyone can say 'bloody', but only Aussies can use it with such precision...or rather, pre-bloody-cision.)

OK, now you've got us up with you in the Atlantic, guys...are you ready for all the things that come with us...like crocodiles, loads of venomous snakes & spiders, sharks, piles of Aussie slang etc. etc.???? Not good company, eh!

So give us a push back home to the South Pacific & we'll take all our beaches, koalas, sports stars, sunshine & Nicole Kidman & Russell Crowe etc etc with us. And I won't have to keep hanging upside down!!!!

(Thanks, lizbud. I'm going to love passing that site on.)
Marie
:)

lizbud
02-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Marie,
I'd be happy to try to get together a group
to help give the isle a shove in the right
direction, but please reconsider maybe leaving
Russell Crowe behind a bit longer.Thanks.
I hope you thought it somewhat funny, you can
feel free to send me one about an America.LOL.

AdoreMyDogs
02-18-2002, 07:17 PM
Before we all push Australia back to where it belongs, I wanna go and visit :)

Hehehe....this was really funny!

Angels3
02-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Lizbud, I can point you in the direction of Russell Crowe...he lives on a farm a couple of hours drive south of us. And he LOVES animals. Just ask him about his favourite cow & you'll be his best friend. True...the night he got his first Oscar, he said his main worry was that his favourite cow was poorly.

And ,AdoreMyDogs, you'd be welcome to visit before we float back south. Just be prepared to be upside down!
Marie:)

lizbud
02-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Marie,

OMG !!! You know where He lives ?

A contingent of U. S. Pet Talkers are on our way to
put you all upright & in the perfect spot that we all
have come to love, beaches, crocs and all... LOL..

Logan
02-18-2002, 09:32 PM
LOL!! That was too good!!!

And now, Marie, you have two gold medals in the Winter Olympics to add to your fame!!! I loved watching the Australian lady win the ski jump today!!! She was so emotional and a perfect Gold Medal Winner!! Congratulations!!!! :D

Angels3
02-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Lizbud, I'll hire a bus to drive you all down to Russell's Crowe's farm. People are laid-back in Australia...even about famous people. We 'dips our lids to' (means 'respect') people like Russell for what he's achieved but we let him go around, untroubled, doing what ordinary Aussies like to do.
So you could find yourself sitting next to him at the football or pass him in the street.
The Aussie thing to do is just let him be ...or, if you catch his eye, smile or wave or say 'G'day, Russell' or 'Onya, Russell' (Means 'Good on you'...a compliment for doing something well.) Then you can ask him how his favourite cow is doing!

Logan, we're all chuffed (means 'feel really good') about the 2 gold medals at the winter olympics. Winter sports are not big here because we have mild winters. There's only some snow in a few highland areas for a little while (if they're lucky). No streams or ponds ever ice over. In fact, winter is a great time to go to the beach...& our gardens stay blooming, too. Aussies who are into winter sports have to spend long periods in Europe or Canada.
Marie :)

Logan
02-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Marie, I saw the aerial ski lady (aren't I horrible....can't remember the name of the sport) interviewed last night. She's darling (and mighty pretty too). She was so cute about Melbourne putting in a bid to hold the Winter Olympics in 2010! She said you were all going to dump trash on top of your hills to make mountains!! And she showed a picture of where she trains in Australia, when she isn't training in Canada. It is a mud hole, complete with leeches too!! :eek:

I know you are all so proud!!!! :)

Angels3
02-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Logan, that's sure true...we'd have to put land-fill on top of our 'highland' areas & shovel some snow in from Antarctica to have a chance of getting the Winter Olympics.
The Aussie girl is a sweetie, isn't she. See what I mean about Aussies being laid-back?
Somebody asked her what it's like to be a celebrity now...& she said she's just an Aussie girl who did a couple of turns in the air. I like the young Aussie skater, too, who got his gold medal because everyone else fell over. And he said, 'Why aren't they running the race all over again?'
She sure is pretty...& so fine-boned. The gold medal looked so big in her tiny hand. It said she was going to be interviewed on something called the Jay Leno (spelling?) Show. Hope they have Russell Crowe on hand to give her a big kiss! From all of us.:)