PDA

View Full Version : need ideas, non-strenuous activities.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-29-2005, 08:25 AM
My friend just had heart surgery last week. She is basically on bed rest for the next 2 months. She also has a baby who just turned a year old on June 16th. I will be helping her and taking care of her baby 3-4 days a week (while her husband is at work).
I am trying to come up with things to occupy some of her time while she is recovering. I'm sure she'll get really sick of just laying there watching TV. I know she got some books to read.

Does anyone have any ideas of things she can do to keep her mind busy while she is in bed recovering.

Any and all ideas are appreciated.
Thank you.

Maresche
06-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Does she like any kind of crafting (knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, etc.)? When I was off of my feet after the c-section, I started knitting x-mas stockings for the 3 of us (not that they will ever get finished now). They kept me busy and thinking without being overly stressful.

Samantha Puppy
06-29-2005, 10:18 AM
How about board games? Or even video games? Guessing games to exercise her mind?

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 10:26 AM
crossword puzzles and reading come to mind. and, books on tape are nice, too, if she doesn't like to read. paint by numbers can be easy to do without a lot of movement. ummmm..... and, maybe a book on learning to draw or something, along with pencils and a sketch book. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Those are all great ideas. Thanks!

Maresche- I had thought of scrapbooking too, actually that's the only thing I could think of. I don't know if she knits, but my sister does, maybe I can have her teach me something simple that I can show my friend. Thanks, that's a great Idea!

Jamie- both her husband and mine have tuns of video games, so that's a great idea! I'll have to pull out some of my board games too.

Kari- I love books on tape! I often have a hard time finding time to sit down and read, so I often get books on tape and listen to them in my car. I'll have to take her some of my favorites.

again, thanks! :)

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 11:59 AM
First thing that came to mind was scrapbooking.
Looks like you have some great ideas now. Good luck and hope the recovery is sucessful.

Cookiebaker
06-29-2005, 12:34 PM
latch hook? that's a real easy craft to do and learn. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks! :)