PDA

View Full Version : One By One needs a new shelter building.

jenluckenbach
06-29-2005, 05:46 AM
The cat rescue organization that I volunteer with (and foster for) has started a building fund in order to be able to move to a new location. Our reason for needing to move is two-fold.

1) We have simply outgrown the place we are at. There are more cats residing in this building than can comfortably hold them. There is little to no room left for storage. The building is also in need of repairs, but sinking money into this place when we really need a bigger place, is unproductive.

2) The owner of the land that the shelter sits on has just recently passed away. :( This could very well have repercussions for us. We would rather not wait until we get the eviction notice to start planning a move.

SO, I would appreciate all good thoughts and prayers for a successful outcome. And to any and all persons who feel they can contribute to our cause to please feel free to visit our WebSite (www.1by1.petfinder.org) and donate through PayPal. Checks (marked BUILDING FUND) can be sent to our mailing address:

One by One
P.O. Box 226
Kutztown, Pa 19530

I thank you and the cats will love you. God bless those who help the less fortunate.

Logan
06-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Jen, I will pray for the funds to be available to relocate your shelter. Best of luck to all of you who work so hard for the cats.

Logan

furrykidsmother
06-29-2005, 10:46 AM
*bump*

Good thoughts and wishes on their way. Also, I made a little donation. I guess every little bit helps! C'mon everyone, lets help these kitties get a new home. Thank you Jen and all the other volunteers for the great things you do.

jenluckenbach
06-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by furrykidsmother
*bump*

Also, I made a little donation. I guess every little bit helps!

Every little bit DOES help! And I personally thank anyone who will even donate $1.

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Good luck Jen! I made a donation - perhaps it was just me, but I couldn't see a place to mark it specifically for Building Fund, so I will have to leave it in your capable hands! :D

jenluckenbach
06-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I made my donation also through paypal and did not see a place for building fund. Anyone is welcome to email [email protected] (the person who collects the paypal) and specify......or I will gladly relay the message.

Karen, THANK YOU!

catmandu
06-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I WISH,YOU,THE BEST,IN YOUR FUND DRIVE,JEN.COULD I JUST END YOU,A DONATION,WHEN I GET THINGS,STARIGHTENED OUT,AS I DONT LIKE,TO PUT CREDIT CARD NUMBERS,OVER THE INTERNET.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture516.jpg

furrykidsmother
06-29-2005, 06:07 PM
*bump*

lizbud
06-29-2005, 06:53 PM
I really like the website. Liked the idea of reminding people
of the value of adopting a mature cat.:) Are you all on some
kind of deadline date with the old building? I sure hope enough
donations come in & any fundraisers draw a lot of support.

jenluckenbach
06-30-2005, 04:08 PM
At this moment we are not on a deadline. My biggest fear is that we will be GIVEN a deadline and the shelter cats will have no place to go.

A special thank you for those who have already sent something! :D

jenluckenbach
07-02-2005, 02:51 PM
BUMP.......

So far my efforts have been rewarded with 2 donations from Pet Talk and 1 donation from my e-mail campaign. Plus my own donation.

I am making a flier to be handed out or sent and will be giving them to our volunteers to spread around. I sure hope they have better luck than me.

Grace
07-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Check will go out in tomorow's mail.

jenluckenbach
07-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Check will go out in tomorow's mail.

THANK YOU!!! :D

jenluckenbach
07-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Anyone else like to send us a few dollars?? PLEASE! :D

rg_girlca
07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry Jen that I am just seeing this now.

Since I don't have paypal, I will send a money order to the shelter.

Wishing you all the best on the Building Fund.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi Jen, just wanted to let you know that once we recover a bit from this motorhome ordeal (still don't know how much the repair is going to cost), I'll be sending some money over. A new building would be so wonderful!

jenluckenbach
07-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Thank you both very much! :D:D

jenluckenbach
07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
A big thank you to PayItForward who sent a donation in honor of her kitty (my former foster) Sweet Annie.

PayItForward
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
A big thank you to PayItForward who sent a donation in honor of her kitty (my former foster) Sweet Annie.
She is worth it
http://www.piftails.com/images/steve/annieo1.jpg
http://www.piftails.com/images/steve/annie02.jpg

jenluckenbach
07-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Keep us in mind as we will be running this fund raiser as long as needed.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Just donated $20 with love and purrs from Brody