PDA

View Full Version : Cats and trash...

RICHARD
06-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I recently bought a package of lime flavored ice.....

I know....Stupid Cah Lee Fun Nee Ans....

I used the ice, threw the wrapper into the garbage.....

And the Edster climbed into the trash, pulled out the package and now it's his favorite toy.....

What ever happened to regular cat toys?

kilbarchancats
06-29-2005, 02:44 AM
ohhh, in our household CHEAP TOYS are definitely the best. There's nothing more fun it seems than a drinking straw or an emery board (nail file).

sitting in an empty laundry basket playing is excellent too!

LoudLou
06-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Maybe Eddie would like some Kool-Aid to go with it? ;) :p

dukedogsmom
06-29-2005, 05:14 AM
Doogie likes the bread ties.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 10:48 AM
My question is.....you used the ice? What did you use it for? :confused:

Sometimes I think I'll never understand you west coasters. :rolleyes: ;) :D

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 10:54 AM
My cats both love the ring off of a milk jug. They have a basket full of toys that they ignore though.

RedHedd
06-29-2005, 11:22 AM
:D Just proves that Eddie is a true Cah Lee Fun Nee An too :D

lbaker
06-29-2005, 11:22 AM
The two new kittens would rather have some crumpled up paper than just about anything! It makes a funny noise when its smacked around on the wood floor and you can pick it up in your mouth and strut around :D

furrykidsmother
06-29-2005, 11:42 AM
I am originally a Cah Lee Fun Nee An, but apparently I have lived on the East Coast to long. What is Lime Ice and what would you do with it?

Of course many favorite cat toys do come from the trash can, crumpled up paper is one of the favorites around our house.

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
My cats both love the ring off of a milk jug. They have a basket full of toys that they ignore though.

My two are EXACTLY the same way :rolleyes: They also like to take plastic bits that go around bottle caps and stick them in the shower...

I hate stepping on pokey plastic at 6 am lol!

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
My two are EXACTLY the same way :rolleyes: They also like to take plastic bits that go around bottle caps and stick them in the shower...

I hate stepping on pokey plastic at 6 am lol!

LOL Mine like those too, but they have never put them in the shower. I am constantly stepping on their "toys."

sandragonfly
06-29-2005, 03:23 PM
posted by RICHARD
What ever happened to regular cat toys?
use your arms.. :p

I think it's more fun to make your homemade toys!

catmandu
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
CATS LIKE,TO MAKE THIER OWN TOYS,SCRAPPY 2,LIKES THE PLASTIC WRAP,THAT YOU GET,FROM THE FROZEN YOGURT CONTAINERS.
THE SAME WAY,THAT A CARDBOARD BOX,WILL FASCINATE THEM,MORE THAN WHAT CAME,IN THE BOX,IN THE FIRST PLACE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture516.jpg

Don Juan's mom
06-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Zerlina will play with the twigs from branches of rosemary and oregano, after I've stripped off the leaves. She and Don Juan also enjoy peacock feathers ($1 at the cheapest pet supply place, sometimes 2 or 3 for $1 at cat shows). And there's also a length of wine-colored grosgrain ribbon, and the string from a pair of pajama pants... :D

Of course, nothing beats playing with the yarn Mom is using. Especially if it makes her put the needles down and pay attention!

Liz

prechrswife
06-29-2005, 08:13 PM
We have gotten to where we just toss the rings off of the milk jugs onto the floor when we open a new one. Every so often, I'll pick them up and throw them away when I find them or when they get a little too chewed. One time when we moved, we moved a low-to-the-ground couch (too low to vacuum under) and counted 29 milk rings.:eek: The really sad part is that we only had 2 cats at the time.

Saphirah also loves q-tips. She will constantly turn the bathroom trash over looking for them and we find them at random places around the house.

RICHARD
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
My question is.....you used the ice? What did you use it for? :confused:

Sometimes I think I'll never understand you west coasters. :rolleyes: ;) :D

I used it for lime flavored drinks, of course!!

The lime coke tastes funny to me, so I adjust it myself....

You don't have to understand West Coasters....

Come out and visit, you'll know why....Wait until Sara starts emailing you around December....then you'll know why We need to BUY ICE!!!!:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: