PDA

View Full Version : Why do you live each day?

Palomino21
06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey all. I have been battling this question for awhile. I was wondering why do you get up in the mornings? Why do you work? What makes you happy and what brings meaning to your life?

I feel that my life is just passing me by and I am watching from the sidelines. I am so unhappy and I try and figure out why and I can't find the reason. I can't make myself be happy.

I am married and I do have a cat. I have no enemies and I live in a good place and I do not have to worry about money plus I get to work at home. I have a brand new car and every thing is just perfect yet, I am so unhappy and I dread waking up each day. Why? What can I do to add meaning to my life.

What things make you happy?

Annie

RICHARD
06-28-2005, 10:33 PM
One thing that my GF told me once was..

"Every morining I wake up I thank god that he has given me another day makes me happy..."

Simple things are always the best.:)

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 10:44 PM
My parents make me happy. Thinking of my brothers, my friends, etc. And, Finn. Finn is literally the first thing I think of every morning. :) It's a different path for everyone. I'm sorry that you're having a hard time finding your path to happiness, keep looking, you'll find it.

Kfamr
06-28-2005, 10:46 PM
http://petevents.com/~simba/6-22-2005/39.jpg

anna_66
06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
There are so many reasons!

The first and formost is my husband Mark, he's the light of my life...my soulmate. I'd be lost if I had to wake up everyday and not be able to see him or be with him.

My dogs. What would they do without me? They are like babies, they depend totally on me to feed, water, play with them and give them every little thing their hearts desire:D

My family. Yes, families can get a little crazy sometimes but no matter what they are still family!

I'm sorry that your having a hard time trying to find meaning in your life. Like Kari said, you'll find it. Maybe when you least expect it:)

PJ's Mom
06-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I ask myself the same question every day when I get up. I've pretty much decided that I will always wonder why I bother when there's nothing left.

I wish you luck in your search for things that give meaning to your life.

gini
06-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I will share with you what has helped me over the years.

Find some type of volunteer work that you would be good at.
Perhaps it is reading to children (mentoring a child) or working at a hospital for a few hours.

When you give of "yourself" - you don't have the time or inclination to be bored with your life. Because, you will have a different perspective and realize how good you have it..........

Good luck - this too shall pass.

sandragonfly
06-29-2005, 02:03 AM
annie,

I thought the same question daily .. because we eat right, exercise regular, we die anyway.

but see my signature below? I'm here to open cans for them.

I will wish you a happiness if I find mine too. :)

RobiLee
06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
My first thought to your question is "To Live". I want TO LIVE! I want to strive to always be happy. I admit that it can be hard at times but I don't ever want to give up. Life is too precious!

Happy things for me are being with my husband, my family and my friends. These are people that love me and that makes me very happy. My GIRLS! They make me very happy and make me smile and giggle every day...lol.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. I wish we could help you somehow. Gini has a wonderful answer for you. You should consider doing something like that. I'll be thinking about you and wishing you all the best.

King Spartacus
06-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Why do I get up in the morning: Routine... and for the simple reason we need the money (from work)... If I didn't have to work... I'd sleep all day, eat all afternoon, and paint in the moonlight...

As it is... I get up at 7, get home at 6 in the evening, have food, have a bath, drool in front of the tv, then go to bed...

Is it worth it? YES!!! It's not worth it 24 hours a day... but when one of those precious moments come, they keep me going for as long as needed!

Stop and look around you... I do... every time there's a rainbow in the sky, I'll stop and marvel of this wonder! Every time it's a gorgeous sunset, I'll be in awe of such beauty! My partner is the same... you know... if we see something like that, and we're not together, we'll call eachother, and tell the other to go outside at once to have a look! Snow! Yes... seeing snow makes me as happy as a kid amongst a heap full of Christmas presents!

Getting a postcard in the mail from my mom and dad... that keeps me going for atleast a week!!!

Spartacus actually coming for a cuddle will keep me for weeks!!!

Holding my partners hand while we're walking, makes ME feel precious, even though it's me grabbing his hand.

At the moment we're really down... due to so many bad things happening to us... but that doesn't stop us having a cuddle on the sofa... and playing ludo and yatzee! Yup, get the board and dice games out! It's a bit more interactive than TV - and you get to call the people you play with all sorts of nasty names if they win!!!

I'm sorry you feel so down... have you though of speaking to your doctor? It could actually be depression...

Best wishes and hope you're feeling better!

Sylvie, KS' mom

KYS
06-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Annie,
Sometimes we do not know what causes our depression.
I agree it might be a good idea to talk to a specialized Dr./
or Therapist.
Sometimes it might also be a chemical imbalance
and possible medication might need to be prescribed.

ramanth
06-29-2005, 09:05 AM
My pets and Andy. :)

And I love living. I love having the opportunity to do things. Sure, some days are rough, but the good ones far outweigh the bad. :)

moosmom
06-29-2005, 09:09 AM
"Every morining I wake up I thank god that he has given me another day makes me happy..."

Simple things are always the best

RICHARD,

VERY wise words to live by!

Life is what you make it. You can either sit around and have a pity party OR...you can make the most of it. I used to have lots of pity parties complete with a vodka haze. It took me a long time to realize that alchohol was my downfall.

I've been sober since 1993 and now that the haze is vodka gone, I see things so much more clearly.

I get up everyday and go to work so I can afford the things that make me happy, like my cats. Gini put it so well...

but see my signature below? I'm here to open cans for them.

Ain't THAT the truth!!

Samantha Puppy
06-29-2005, 09:11 AM
For my husband and family. I'd be lost without even just one of them. For the little baby growing inside me. For my puppy Samantha, and for my four kitties Sushi, Kirin, Kimi and Maya. For ME.

IRescue452
06-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I have no choice as I'm not brave enough for the alternative to not living each day.

I have no money and am working up a debt it will take the longest time to pay off just by going to college. My sister and my aunt are the only family I really have. My significant other is going back to Malawi in two years and staying for five years and I can't go. My cat is old and on the way to the grave soon. My dog would be fine living with my sisters. I have no money once again. I have no health or dental insurance so if I have pain I live with pain. I'm living in hell already so I figure when I die it will be good because I just got done serving time for nothing. I figure I live each day because I'm being punished for something I don't know.

Palomino21
06-29-2005, 09:40 AM
You all have good points. Thanks for taking the time out to reply. It is a new day today and I know this too will pass. I am going to check into getting an appointment with my doctor and see what to do from there. Maybe it is due to my diet and my schedule. I do not have a consistent schedule and I am a vegetarian and I have not quite learned what a balanced diet would be so my eating habits are not scheduled either. Good news, I get plenty of exercise so that is good right?

Annie

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Palomino21
I do not have a consistent schedule and I am a vegetarian and I have not quite learned what a balanced diet would be so my eating habits are not scheduled either. Good news, I get plenty of exercise so that is good right?

I think you've got the right idea! Diet and a routine can make a tremendous difference. I know I feel so good when I just simply make one change. Drink water. I never feel more energetic than when I drink plenty of water. And, having a schedule, and, managing your time can be so rewarding. I have a huge problem with just wasting time. Since I left Texas, I've felt like I was on vacation. And, despite the fact that I want to get up and get moving, it's hard. My body and mind are so accustomed to doing just this! ;) I have to start managing my time better, as well, and planning out about 30 minutes a day just to exercise. You're already doing the exercise part. I wish you the best of luck, but, only if you throw some my way, too! :)

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I think what you are feeling is normal. Lots of people question what life is really all about, especially those who seem to have everything in order but are still not happy. Lots of people get stuck in a "rut." It could be depression (pretty common). It's good that you made an appointment to see your doctor.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
One thing that my GF told me once was..

"Every morining I wake up I thank God that he has given me another day makes me happy..."

Simple things are always the best.:)

That is SO true!!:) After that #1 fact, my family, friends, and pets bring me so much joy...I can't explain the happiness I feel when I see God IN them!!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
http://petevents.com/~simba/6-22-2005/39.jpg

Kay, I'm a little confused, what are you trying to say here? ;) :D :D

Hopes, dreams and future plans keep me going. :)

luvofallhorses
06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I am really sorry you're feeling this way. Maybe you can volunteer at an animal shelter? It's very rewarding :) My parents, my family, my friends, and all the pets in my signature make me want to live each day. I'd have it no other way. I hope you feel better soon! ((((hugs))))

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 11:09 AM
My cats get me up every day. I'm all they have.
My faith keeps me going when things get tough. There is always someone who is worse off than I am.
Having hobbies helps too: I like glass painting and working jigsaw puzzles and reading.

Pet Talk is a wonderful help too.

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 11:15 AM
A long while ago, I was diagnosed with severe depression. At my worst point, I overdosed on pain killers. I wasn't trying to kill myself though (most people assume that). I just wanted to get away from what was hurting me.

Since then Ive grown quite a bit. I find that I have lots to live for, my husband, my kitties, my party family.

I find that talking with people and even just being with people that you share something in common with can help a lot. I think the best thing for me is knowing that I'm not alone.

It's good that you recognise the problem now, and are willing to take steps to correct it before it gets out of hand. I made the mistake of thinking that if I ignored it, it would go away.

*Hugs* feel better! If you need to chat, feel free to PM me

Christiansmommy
06-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I live each day b/c God has blessed me with the gift of life, and I hope to make each day as good as I can. I agree, some are more tough than others...but my son, my husband, my pets, my parents, and my God, make my life worth living. Life passes by so quickly and before you know it, a loved one has passed on (like my Grandmother just did)...if I could only rewind the years back, we could spend those years cherishing her/our lives so much more, if we only knew that there weren't going to be many left (with a certain loved one)...in this case, my Grandmother...she was taken very suddenly.

The days that I just can't seem to handle things on my own...I ask God for help, and He always does...maybe in His own timing and His own way...but He always listens to prayers!! That's how I get through day to day living.

IRescue452
06-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Pet talk is definately a big help for me to get through the day. If I didn't have so many people to talk to on here I'd really be depressed.

Anita Cholaine
06-29-2005, 01:06 PM
I completely agree with the others: I live for my family and my friends. Its also true that simple things are the most important: getting up in the morning and seeing Anita, or just talking with my friends.
It could also be good if you know that you are making someone happy. Im sure that your family needs you, and this only thing is a reason for living. I also agree with the others, you could find some volunteer work, it might help you to feel better...

Hugs for you

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
The days that I just can't seem to handle things on my own...I ask God for help, and He always does...maybe in His own timing and His own way...but He always listens to prayers!! That's how I get through day to day living.

Oh Robyn, such words of wisdom!!!:) I was/am having a rough day, and even though I don't always do it, or admit it, giving God your fears, worries, dreams, and everything will help, and it sure helps to be reminded!! Thanks!!;)

janelle
06-29-2005, 01:46 PM
It always helps to have a support group. We are social beings and need other people or if they can't be there then our furbabies help us.

It's good to be needed by others and feel like what would happen to them if I wasn't here to do for them? That also makes you take care of yourself. Like go to the doc and stay well. Do healthy things to stay well. You want to be there for them.

Get a friend to unload on. Us girls need to unload more than men do. I had phone friends when I was down. Now I have moved away and it's long distance so not as much phone time anymore. My furbabies are here for me to talk to and watch play.

Also do some fun things each day. Play music you love to put you in a good mood. Act silly, no one is looking when you are by yourself. So act like a kid and your furbabies will not care.

Maybe you need a vacation. A change of scenery. I'm going to Yellowstone tomorrow for a week. My hubby has been working hard all year and it's time for a break in routine. Sometimes we get into a rut. Plan a romantic get away with your honey.

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Kay, I'm a little confused, what are you trying to say here? ;) :D :D

I live for green grass, of course! :p

K9soul
06-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I live for green grass, of course! :p

WOW! I know you meant that statement teasingly, but it hit me SO profoundly, I had a thrill shoot through me that is hard to put into words. Perhaps because until you said it, I was wracking my own brain to figure out "what DO I live for, what is it that keeps me going?" Well, that's just it! I DO live for seeing green grass, blue skies, bright midnight stars. I live for the smell of rain, the roll of thunder, the warmth of sun, the kiss of my dogs, a hug from my husband, a butterfly on the breeze. I live to feel and experience even the simplest thing. I cherish it all. The smell of coffee brewing in the morning, the feel of soft sheets when I lay down to sleep. I love life, and that is exactly what I live for every day: Life itself, and every experience that is involved with it.

Kfamr
06-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Although I did mean it as a tease, it still is very true. I love being able to sit outside and see the green grass, our pretty flowers, the pretty clouds, the pretty sky. I'm so obsessed with clouds. They just amaze me. I guess I live for nature.. and everything dealing with nature. It's so peaceful for the most part. I even like watching ants walk around on the cement. Although it seems they're walking around and going crazy.. who knows? Nature amazes me.

My dogs are the center of my world, though...
I'd much rather buy them a fun toy or something to make them happy rather than for myself.. because their happiness, safety, and well-being make me happy alone. When they're hurt is when I feel really down.

K9soul
06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm really glad you said that about the grass, it just really hit me in a profound way and made my day. Probably sounds silly but it's one of those unexpected self-revelations :D. I share your feelings about the joy of nature, and you expressed that beautifully as well. My world (and my husband's) largely revolves around the pups too :)

prechrswife
06-29-2005, 02:34 PM
My faith in God and the blessings He has provided in my life, my wonderful husband, my family, and our little girl who is waiting for us in China.:)

janelle
06-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Maybe if you read "A Purpose Driven Life" it will help. I need to read it. I've heard many good things about it.

carole
06-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Annie from your post it does indeed sound like you have depression, because otherwise your life sounds very normal and in general very happy, it can appear to other's we have everything we need and want in life, but there can still be something missing, sometimes we don't even know what it is ourselves.

We all have those low times, when we get down in the dumps, maybe bored even with our mundane lives, and we all have our pity parties as Donna so eloquently put it lol, with or without the booze.

When you feel that way, nothing seems to make you feel happy, no matter what it is, it just takes time to get through it, and if that requires a little medical help then so be it,it just has to be that way.

I try hard to evaluate my life, and look at what I have got , rather than what I haven't or would like, I look at my two healthy children, my little modest but cute house, my two adorable cats, my caring hubby, and the fact I still have my two parents alive and count my blessings every day,sometimes I just have to focus on that, to help turn my mood around and it is not as easy as it sounds, I have been in that black hole many times myself, and I freely admit to letting those things go out of my mind in times like that, I have found coming here to PT a great outlet for my feelings, and always get some wonderful, motivating advice from all.

I hope we can all help you a little and bring you some comfort and inspiration to feel better.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, it just takes a bit of hard work to find it.

Take care and I hope you are feeling better about life soon, life really is good ya know., we just have to convince ourselves of that over and over again.:)

buckner
06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
It's weird that you're asking this question because I too battle this question every morning when I get up. But I don't think it's so much "why do I love each day" but more like "Why am I here?". I've had trouble with that question for the longest time, trying to find my call in life. I found it, and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

I live for those who love me for who I am. My parents, my family, my few friends outside of family, my dog, my faith. Most important, I live for GOD and his son. Without Him, I'd truly be lost. I live for a new lesson everyday. Every morning, I get up at 6:30 to go to work. I babysit two kids 40 hours a week. It's defintely stressful (at that age with an attitude), but I get so much out of it. I see things from a different aspect every day, and I learn something from them everyday. It could be simple things, but in the end, it's a lesson that I haven't yet learned.

So I live to learn more about my faith. I may not understand everything that happens to me, but I trust my Lord enough to be faithful in Him.

CountryWolf07
06-29-2005, 08:35 PM
I live, because I know I have a purpose to be here. :) I live to see my family, my friends, my dogs, and everything I'm meant to like and see in this world. :D

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gini
I will share with you what has helped me over the years.

Find some type of volunteer work that you would be good at.
Perhaps it is reading to children (mentoring a child) or working at a hospital for a few hours.

When you give of "yourself" - you don't have the time or inclination to be bored with your life. Because, you will have a different perspective and realize how good you have it..........

Good luck - this too shall pass.
OMG, Gini and I share a brain. These are literally the EXACT words I was going to offer.... :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2005, 09:19 PM
I didn't have much of a reason for a while either... at least I felt that way.

I have three reasons, my dad, my dog and bird, and my nephew. Without them I don't know where I would be... *tears*

Cookiebaker
06-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I live for God, Almighty God of Heaven and Earth. His Perfection, His Wisdom, His Love, His Grace, His Mercy, it's all about Him. :)

Christian'sMommy, I couldn't agree more with your post.

When I start to feel down, all I have to do is look and see how God has blessed me in so many ways, past comprehension, and all I can do is be thankful and content! :)

MariaM
06-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Wow, I agree with alot of your posts. I get really angry sometimes, and really sad, but in the past couple months, I've taken a turn for the better. I'm really happy with myself, and I am truly trying to live each day to the fullest. I (now) live so that I will make it into heaven with God.

I have basically turned my thoughts upside down. I now am trying to do so many things to make life better. I am (trying to) organize my time better, eat healthier, and make others happy. I am trying to be kind to everyone, whereas before I thought not much of it, but I am basically trying to live by the golden rule now.

My answer would have been much different if you asked me a few months ago. It would have been, I live for Major. Well, back then, that was ALL I lived for.

Now I live for so much more. I live for him still, of course, he helps me alot with organizing my time. But I live to make others happy, to go outside and watch the sky, to hear thunder and watch lightning. To sit out on a peaceful night, looking at the stars, one of my absolute favorite things to do. I love nature, I love Major, I love my friends and I live for that.

I am learning to appreciate simple things, and I really think that is the key to happiness. As my mom would quote my grandpa, "People are as happy as they want to be"

I really think that your outlook on life has a lot to do with how you live. I feel much more alive now that I have come to realize many things.

You only have so little time on earth. I think you have to do what makes you happy. What makes me happy is making other people happy, and basically thats it. That can be broken into so many things.

Walking Major - makes him happy, makes me happy.
Getting good grades - makes my family happy, makes me happy.
Working without complaining - same as above.

I realize that I could have everything I ever wanted, but if my family is mad at me, especially my parents, I'm not happy. If I get the newest digital camera, a laptop in my room, the shirt I've been dying to get, and my mom is extremely pissed at me? No, I don't feel happy.

So, my advice is find what makes you truly happy, and do it.

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 08:38 AM
This morning, I just went out and watched the water, and, saw some turtles, a snake, some geese, a rabbit.....it's those things that make me happy, too. And, just sitting in the damp grass, and, seeing the blue sky. Feeling the sun on my face, I've almost lost a job before, because I was constantly running late. I'd pull off the road all the time to look at cloud formations or to watch a flock of birds. I always lose track of time when I'm looking at nature. :) It's a good feeling. The lake is a great place to reflect and put things into perspective.

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 01:00 PM
And, another thing that just came to mind is because one day, I hope to go skydiving again. That alone is worth waking up every day for a long time, just for one more chance to have that feeling!

popcornbird
06-30-2005, 03:50 PM
This is a very 'deep' question...one that requires deep thinking to answer. Why do I live? Hmmm....

When I think of life, I think of life as a whole, and I think of what is to come after it. I think of it in this way. Life in this world is temporary. We are all going to die one day...all of us...so when I think of life, I think of the end results, and how living my life in the way I choose to will affect my 'future'. For example, when I think of school and why I'm getting an education, I don't really think of school in itself. The reason I'm studying IS for the 'future'...to help in my future. I feel the same about life. Just as school is temporary and will pass, life is the same. It is something that I'm going through now, and may be going through for many decades ahead, but like school, like a storm, like rain, like the seasons, life too, is something that will pass.

I do enjoy life. I love waking up to a gorgeous clear day, to the sunshine glowing through my window, to the soft whistling of my wonderful birds. I love nature, and think of it as a great blessing in life. My family is a huge blessing in my life. My pets are a blessing in my life. My home, cars, garden, friends....everything that I have and cherish are great blessings, and I do live through these moments that I will always cherish. That being said, the main REASON I live is not my loved ones, not my belongings, not nature. While my life does in a way revolve around these things, and life is incomplete without them, that is not the reason I believe God put me in this world. The reason I am here is for God Almighty. The reason I am here is to worship God, to serve Him, to help others for Him, and to do what I can to build my 'future' after this phase of life is over. If I get a good education, I know that is something that will open doors for my future. Likewise, living a good life, devoted to God, and devoted to helping people and animals who NEED help is what I believe to be something that will open the doors for a good future after this life is over. THAT is why I live. That is the purpose of my life. God, and my future in the Hereafter, and it is with that thought and that purpose in mind that I wake up thankful every morning. I thank God for giving me another day to do something good. I thank God for giving me another day with good health, so that I can use my good health in doing things in life that will help in building my future. I see loving and caring for my family, pets, friends as good deeds, and things I do in life that will help make my future AFTER life, a good one, God willingly.

I feel there is no purpose in life if we're not worried about what is to come in the future. Life is going to end anyway, so there has to be something ahead of me to focus on to keep me going. If I have nothing to look forward to ahead of me....well, I know life is going to end anyway, eventually, so with that point of view, life is just pointless. We are all here for a greater purpose than just living. I don't believe it all ends there. I mean...yes we all live for the ones we love and cherish (in a way), but I do feel life as a whole, and the reason we are here has a much deeper meaning to it than just that.

whalelover
06-30-2005, 05:45 PM
The reason that I live is for the good things in life. Mainly, I live for my future. I live for SeaWorld, and whales, and I live for that one day, where I will be able to wake up in the morning, go over to SeaWorld, and begin my job training animals there. That is my dream. But, I also live for other things, like things that I truly enjoy doing, like riding horses, gardening, flowers, and photography. Also friends, friends and family is a big one. You should do what makes you happy over everything, do what you enjoy doing. If you don't like the job that you have, then get a new one. If you don't like the life that you're living, then change it. I know it isn't always easy, but it is possible. I go by this quote alot, that I think will help:
"All animals, except man, know the meaning of life is to enjoy it and do so."

momcat
06-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey Annie! There are a few things really. There's my son Mike; he works full time, is putting himself through college at night and wants to be a prosecutor on child abuse cases. Mike spoils me rotten, anything I want he gives me. He adores his grandmother and will help anyone anytime. Then there's Groucho, a real kitty character. I just love that little guy so much. His antics are always good for a laugh (though at times he doesn't seem to think so). Then there's my job. I work for the state Office of Child Support Enforcement as the paralegal assistant to our attorney. I absolutely love it! Before I came to the policy unit, I did several other things directly involved with enforcement. The job is a pressure cooker on a slow day and we don't get many of them. After several years of working on individual cases, the job I'm in now is a challenge. When a question comes in from a county or another state. my job is to research federal and state laws, court rules, regulations, procedures manuals, whatever resource that applies. Then put it all together and determine a policy/procedure position in response. All in all, I've been doing this for 24 years and it has never been the same thing twice. But no matter how crazy things at the office get, at the end of the day it's nice to think that just maybe in some small way I made a positive difference to a family somewhere. Love my son, love my kitty, love my job. All is right with the world.

Mutt_Maniac
06-30-2005, 06:20 PM
I haven't figured it out yet. I don't know why i get up. I have really no reason to. Except for those beautiful dogs outside and my horsey but thats it. I have no other reason i guess...:o

Palomino21
07-01-2005, 05:30 AM
I decided to do something about my sadness and the way things are going in my life. I had to re evaluate what I do not like about my life.

I do know that I want to move out of Oklahoma, the land of the boring. Anyway, I am hoping to move to Washington, maybe get a place in the country so I can have the space and freedom to garden if I want, and to own horses. Of course Star would love the open space as well. I want to settle down and start a family. Of course moving takes time and money, not to mention, my sister is having a baby this summer and I want to be here for it. After that though, we're outta here. Now until we have the money, I am going to be taking some classes at a near by school. The one I enrolled in is a painting class. This will get me out of the house and among people, since I rarely leave the house other than to workout. I know it's just a small change but it's something to look forward to.

I also know that my ultimate goal in my life is to open a no kill animal shelter. Animals have played such a big role in my life and in a positive way, I want to give back.

I appreciate all of your kind words and wisdom. It really does help to have you guys. Thank you so much.

Annie

moosmom
07-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Momcat,

Your son sounds like a real treasure!! My mother always taught me that you can always tell the way a man will treat his wife/girlfriend by the way he treats his mother. Boy was SHE right!!!!

Palomino21,

Glad to hear you're starting to perk up. Sounds like you've got a plan!

sirrahbed
07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Annie -
so glad that you have a plan for now and that things seem to be perking up! When I was at my lowest and starting to pull up - I also took a painting (watercolor) class at the highschool adult education series!!:) It was my first venture back to the world and normalcy. YAY for you!! Things will get better! Planning and looking to the future, even if it seems a small thing is all we can do. Hugs to you!!
Debbie

gini
07-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Annie, I really am happy to read that you have honed in on the problems and already are finding solutions.

It is wonderful to have goals to work towards. I sure like the sounds of your goals and I wish you the greatest success.

You are going to love being an Auntie too!

momcat
07-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a plan, Annie! Getting out of the house and connecting with others who share your interests is a wonderful place to start. This really is a wonderful world filled with fantastic opportunities for those willing to take a risk and reach out for them. Hold on to your dreams and keep moving in any direction as long as it's forward. As one of my high school teachers always used to say, "Columbus took a chance and look what he found!"