PDA

View Full Version : Rocky and the Possum.

KYS
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Rocky was on a 8:30 p.m. curfew at home because
of his high prey drive.
Well I let him out at 8:45 and
at 9:00 went to get him.
Well he had caught a young Possum. :(
Don't worry Happy ending!
This is the amazing part.
I yelled at him to "LEAVE IT" and to my
amazement he dropped the possum.
(1st time for everything) :)
I than ordered him inside the house.
He hemmed and hawed and stepped about 4 feet away
from the possum and finally slowly walked towards me
and went inside.
I told him he was a good boy and gave him and Sheba
both a pig ear.

Good news, The possum is ok. :)

Rocky is back on his 8:30 p.m. curfew again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/kbursk/Rockytonguesmaller.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/kbursk/rockyshebabacksmall.jpg

IRescue452
06-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Good boy! Maybe you will learn that you can mooch off extra treats by leaving small critters alone. I hope the possum didn't have anything he could catch.

Vette
06-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh! what a fuzbomb he is! :D:D:D
he sure is a handesome feller.

i love his all black mask and ears. very cute!
ya should post pictures of your fuzzies!!!

K9soul
06-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh Rocky, what a good boy! But what a scare for Mom and baby opossum! :eek: I'm very impressed that you listened to Mom and left the baby be. And we even get treated to a couple pictures of your handsome self! Hugs and kisses to you big grizzly bear Rocky! :)

anna_66
06-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Rocky, could you please come over and teach my Roxey the meaning of the word "leave it"? She knows it quite well but the other day she had a dead mouse and wouldn't leave it...she ate it:eek: Maybe you could tell her how good it is to "listen" to mommy:D

What a good boy you were for not hurting the possum. And my oh my what a gorgeous boy you are too!!!

Oggyflute
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Good boy Rocky.:)

sandragonfly
06-29-2005, 03:28 AM
:eek: whew!

goodie boi you, rocky! glad your mawmaw caught you in time and had you enjoyed your pig ear.

I'm proud of you too. :)

dukedogsmom
06-29-2005, 04:52 AM
At least he was a good boy and dropped it like it was hot. Silly Rocky, you just blew your later curfew.

chocolatepuppy
06-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Good boy Rocky! Good for the little possum too! ;)

RobiLee
06-29-2005, 05:41 AM
Yay, for you Rocky! You are such a good boy for listening to mommy like that.

I have been sitting here admiring your picture, Rocky. My goodness! What a handsome boy you are. Katie is outside right now, but she is going to be so happy to see you when she comes in ;).

Hugs to you, big boy!

Ginger's Mom
06-29-2005, 05:57 AM
What a very good boy you are, Rocky!!! I know it must have been hard to leave that possum, but you listened to Mommy so well. :) I sure hope you enjoyed your pig ear, you certainly deserved it. Not only well behaved, but also extremely handsome. A boy with it all. :D

Pam
06-29-2005, 06:08 AM
What a good boy! I have my doubts what Bella would have done, since she did eat a dead baby bird once. I have a feeling it must have fallen out of its nest. :( I had been weeding the garden and she came prancing over to me with it in her mouth (probably proud of herself?). I offered her a treat and she dropped it. I picked it up (still wearing my gardening gloves) and attempted to toss it over the fence into the woods. I don't throw very well and it hit the fence post and dropped back inside the yard. She wasn't falling for the *treat bribe* again and ate it right in front of me. :o

Anyway, Rocky, we understand temptation and are so impressed that you listened to your mom. Good boy!!!! The best part of the story is that the possum is OK and we were treated to some handsome pictures of you today! ;)

luvofallhorses
06-29-2005, 06:13 AM
Good boy Rocky! :) I know this was a proud mommy moment :D

elizabethann
06-29-2005, 07:56 AM
WOW! Your dog actually dropped a POSSUM when you said leave it? Fenway needs to meet Rocky so that Rocky can give him a few lessons in obidience. Fenway would NEVER leave a possum!! Rocky, you're awesome!

KYS
06-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Thank you everyone.

Before you get overly impressed....
the Possum was playing possum.
If the Possum wasn't in it's coma state then
Rocky would have certainly ignored me.
I am just tickled that he listened to me and
that the Possum is ok. :)

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Leave it is a great command when it works! :) Good for Rocky!

gemini9961
06-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Good boy Rocky, leave little possum's alone.