PDA

View Full Version : Crosspost - vacation

JenBKR
06-28-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't know if I am posting this in the right place, but we are going on vacation in 2 weeks, and I am really nervous. My sister-in-law is going to stay at our house and take care of the cats and dog. She has a 3 year old, and none of the animals are used to kids. I guess I'm just a little nervous (ok a lot). Am I weird for being nervous?

davidpizzica
06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
No, Jen, I don't think you are being weird. It's natural to be nervous about it. Look at it this way, nothing will probably happen and you will have a great vacation!

JenBKR
06-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Thank you, you are probably right. I'll have to call every couple days to check up. I'll miss my babies though!

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
yeah..I think this is okay! :)

oh I understand how you feel about having someone else coming with no experiences around kids/cats etc so you're not weird!

maybe you could talk with your sister in law and explain her how you are feeling about that and to have them come over and see how they do with your animals first before you go off. hopefully that would be a good outcome so you'd be less nervous...!

but if things didn't look good...erm.. then there would be something you'll have to do about!

whatcha think?

Oggyflute
06-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Try and relax mate, you will struggle to enjoy your vacation if you don't.;) I'm sure things will be just fine.:)

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 08:43 AM
I think once my sister-in-law comes over and I show her around, I'll feel better. I keep thinking of more things I want to show/tell her about. My animals are realllly spoiled...for example, the cats get fed half a spoonful of soft food everyday, and Katie turns her nose up half the time...I usually keep opening packets of food until she finds what she wants. I know, I shouldn't do that (plus I'll have 5-6 opened packets of food in the fridge) but sometimes I can't help myself. I plan to write a detailed list of instructions too, so hopefully I'll be able to relax!