PDA

View Full Version : My new plates!

PJ's Mom
06-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I went to pick up my new license plates today. When I got there,. I had to surrender my old plates and registration sticker. I got my new ones and there was a charge of $8.05. Of course they didn't take credit cards and I never carry my checkbook or cash with me. So, I went to the ATM. When I got there, I realized I forgot my PIN, so I couldn't take out cash. :rolleyes: I called home to get hubby's PIN, and this really nice man who was taking care of his own car business came over to me and handed me $10. He told me to do the same thing for someone else when I get the opportunity. :eek: I tried to get his name and address so I could send him the money but he wouldn't give it to me.

Just when you start to give up on the human race, someone does something like this. :)

Anyway, here is a pic of my plate. I hope you like it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/IM000978.jpg

:)

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I love the plate and I really love to hear that there is still some kind people in this world.

luvofallhorses
06-28-2005, 02:10 PM
I really like the plate and how sweet of this guy :)

elizabethann
06-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Love the plates and WOW regarding the kind man! Stuff like that doesn't happen very often.

gemini9961
06-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Awesome plate and awesome guy.

JenBKR
06-28-2005, 02:34 PM
That's so nice that he did that for you!

Samantha Puppy
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
What a nice story/man and what cute plates! I wish Maryland's animals plates were that cute. All it does is say "spay & neuter" across the bottom with the silhouette of a dalmation on the left side. Whoop. I love yours!

catnapper
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I love your new plate! What a great story to go with it too! We shold all remember to pass around random acts of kindess.

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I love them!!

I've been waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting for NY to come out with some sort of pet related lic. plates.

I'm jealous. :D

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
I love them!!

I've been waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting for NY to come out with some sort of pet related lic. plates.

I'm jealous. :D

I take it back, I just looked & we have them now!!!!
Now to come up with a name!!!

davidpizzica
06-28-2005, 03:39 PM
PJ, that is one awesome license plate! Pennsylvania license plates are DULL. I'm glad to see that there are still some kind and generous people left in this world!

Rachel
06-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I have the *Pet Friendly* plates for Illinois, and I was so excited about getting them, I never thought of getting them personalized. Drat! PJ must be beaming with pride.

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I love the Texas animal friendly plates, I think I remember Aly having them, too! :) I haven't been able to afford them, though, and, I'm not sure what South Carolina has. That is such a great story about the kind stranger! Wow. It's like that movie, Pay it Forward. Kinda the same thing! And, I remember reading this book about stuff like that, and, it saying to make sure you do one thing every day that is nice and unexpected and then to not tell anyone else about it. ;) It's like the ultimate, because at that point you're only doing it to do it, not to get a pat on the back. The person you did the good deed for will surely tell others about it, like you're doing! I love, love, love stories like that, thank you for sharing!

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
way cool plate, pj! :)

now peej owns your car.. ;) hum, when I first saw the picture, the first word I thought was jeep!

really nice man.. I agree, pay it forward! just watched that movie last week.. :p touchy!

anyway, have fun with it! I had with mine. :D

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
I agree, pay it forward! just watched that movie last week.. :p

Yeah, me, too! I didn't like the movie, but, the concept of pay it forward is simply amazing! I was very moved by the whole idea of that. :)

PJ's Mom
06-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
[color=purple]

now peej owns your car.. ;) hum, when I first saw the picture, the first word I thought was jeep!

Jeep? Oh no! :eek: ;)

I already bought magnetic paw prints to put on the front and back of the car. I also bought a paw print license plate cover and a paw print steering wheel cover! :eek:

I love the way the car is looking, but it's already got 111,000 miles on it. I don't know how much longer it'll hold out. :eek:

Peej knows it's his car now. He keeps trying to jump in everytime I open the door. :D

I guess I'll have to rent Pay it Forward. I've never seen it. :)

lizbud
06-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Really great plates and a great story too. It's wonderful that
you've shared both.:D I would definately Pay It Forward.:)

Anita Cholaine
06-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Lovely plate!!! and that must be a lovely person too...
Im glad of hearing about it...

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Very cute! I wish we had a nice looking animal tag. Ours doesn't look good. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours a lot. And, that was very nice of that stranger to pay for it.

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 08:07 PM
lol..sorry PJ!

well, since I collect (by writing down) the personal plates I saw and I don't think anybody else would notice! I just have learnt to read backwards a lot and now that's my habit.. :p ;)

let us know how you like pay it forward! :D

buckner
06-28-2005, 08:11 PM
WOW, I love it! Hehe, I want one!

I love the story that came along with it; it's nice to see people act like that.

Logan
06-28-2005, 11:34 PM
That's neat that the guy stepped forward and helped you. SC does not have a pet friendly plate I don't think (at least not yet....I think we Kari and I need to lobby for one).

"Pay it Forward" is one of my alltime favorite movies, but get your Kleenex ready if you haven't watched it. It is a tough one.

Logan

gini
06-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Great plates!

Whenever I do something for any of my nieces or nephews, I always tell them to "pass it on" - they will recognize the moment and know what they need to do.

Oggyflute
06-29-2005, 01:17 AM
What a nice story, and I love the plates.:)

tomkatzid
06-29-2005, 03:38 AM
WOW, I LOVE the plate. Why can't we have those. That is just great.
And what a nice guy.

Once I did the same thing for this little old lady buying gas, she had no way to pay other than credit card. And they didn't take cards. So I paid, she never even said thanks .
Katz

chocolatepuppy
06-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Your plates are too cool! :cool: How nice of that man! :D

RobiLee
06-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Very cool plates! Thats a great story too.

Jadapit
06-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Awesome plates and great story!:D You have to see Pay It Foward. It's one of the best movis i have ever seen. Like Logan said have your klennex ready when you watch it....

JenBKR
06-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
WOW, I LOVE the plate. Why can't we have those. That is just great.
And what a nice guy.

Once I did the same thing for this little old lady buying gas, she had no way to pay other than credit card. And they didn't take cards. So I paid, she never even said thanks .
Katz

That's a shame that she never said thank you, you would think she'd be so appreciative! That was really nice of you though!

KYS
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
That is got to be the cutest plate.
I LOVE IT!

moosmom
06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
What a great plate!!! What a nice man! I try to do something nice for someone at least once a week. It could be something as simple as holding open a door, letting someone get in front of you in the grocery check out, whatever. It makes me feel good!

I'm applying for "KAT RESQ" in Michigan. I only wish they had a program that donated part of the proceeds to animal rescue like they do in Connecticut.

PJ's Mom
06-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Katz

That's sad. :( I think I said thank you too much. I was getting weird looks and my daughter said I was annoying. lol If he wasn't going to let me pay the money back, he was at least going to know how appreciative I was. ;)

anna_66
06-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok first of all...I LOVE YOUR PLATES!!!
I bet they look even better with the paw print licence plate cover...and you got the steering wheel cover too..too cool:D

You know that was so nice of that man to give you the money, there are definately not many people out there who are willing to give up the green!