PDA

View Full Version : I need help! I'm adopting a dog and I have 2 foster mom's calling!

My Peanuts
06-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Ok, here's the situation. I'm getting a third dog, which is wonderful. Here's the problem. I called a foster mom about an 8-10lb Chihuahua mix with a broken leg from getting hit by a car. She didn't return my calls or answer my email. She emailed me today (finally) and said her power was going on and off from the heat, which is why she didn't respond. She said I have been approved for the little guy. I have no idea what he looks like.

While I was waiting on her I saw another little guy, Morty. Morty is adorable and they describe him as a big dog in a little dogs body, which is exactly how we describe Harley. Here's Morty! (http://www.adoptapet-il.net/images/morty-dog-0605.jpg) I have already talked to someone about Morty and his foster mommy is supposed to call me soon. Morty seems like a better fit, but I feel bad turning a dog down.

I don't know which one I should pursue. Please give me advice.

Glacier
06-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Go meet them both and see which one picks you. One of them will choose to go home with you. Foster parents are used to lots of people coming to visit and not all of them adopt the dog. Don't worry about upsetting the fosters.

Good luck--maybe you need four dogs!

My Peanuts
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
LOL, four dogs is not an option! :)

elizabethann
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I agree with Glacier. Go and meet them both. You can't adopt a dog without meeting it and interacting with it. Can you bring your dogs to meet the fostered dogs to see how they get along?

In a perfect world, you could adopt both!

:D

Good luck and let us know how it goes. And don't forget to take pictures of your newly adopted dog!

:)

kittycats_delight
06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I agree. You need to meet them both and let the doggy decide. You will know which one is right. :D

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Yup, I'd go & meet with both dogs & follow your heart.
Foster moms understand. After all they want what is best for the dog & owner.

Good luck!

jesse_3
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Yup, you have to go and meet both puppers and see which one pics you and your dogs have to help with the decision too:D! Good luck! Whichever one you adopt, we NEED pics of them!!!!!;)

My Peanuts
06-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I knew you guys were going to say that. I hate making decisions like these. What if they both are great and both get along with Sylvia and Harley?

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
I knew you guys were going to say that. I hate making decisions like these. What if they both are great and both get along with Sylvia and Harley?

then follow your heart. You'll know. :)

Lexi_Lover
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
It seems you know how to pick, but if they're both perfect, you will know, they'll show you exactly who they are really. See hwo they interact with different types of situations and just basically ket the dog choose you!

Good luck, keep us posted! :)

cyber-sibes
06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Be sure to have all the dogs meet and by their reactions, you'll have a good feeling for which one will work out. Or, if it doesn't seem like either one will work out. We had to take Star to the humane society 3 or 4 times before we found the right companion, but she was worth the wait! Best wishes!