PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!pouncette Had Kittens!

catmandu
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
AT LEAST TWO KITTENS,IN A CONVERTED TRUNK,WHERE I STORE MY LPS.THERE IS A GAP,BEHIND,THE RECORS,AND TODAY,POUNCETTE,JUMPED BACK,THERE AND I HEARD TWO MEEEWS.
POUNCETTE,HAD BEEN PUTTING,ON WEIGHT,BUT IS DECLAWED,AND I THOUGHT SPAYED.BUT IT DIDNT TAKE,AS SHE SUDDENLY LOST THAT WEIGHT,AND ONLY CAME UP,TO EAT.
DO,I TAKE,THE LESS,THAN WEEK OLD KITTENS,AND HER,TO THE CLEANER UPSTAIRS BED ROOM.
I HAVE PUT FOOD DOWMN THER FOR HER,BUT THAT TRUNK,IS NO PLACE,FOR BABIES.I THINK,THAT THERE ARE TWO BABIES,I HEAR TWO MEEEWS.
NO WONDER SHE,WAS SO DEFENSIVE,AROUND THE OTHER FOUND CATS,BEING A NEW MOTHER.
I AM ASKING,FOR HELP,AND THIS,IS THE BEST PLACE,WHERE LITTLE KITTENS ARE CONCERNED,HELP.

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 09:09 AM
OMG!! That would account for her behavior towards the others. I wouldn't do anything yet Gary. Wait until someone with more experience responds. When Gidget had Rusty & Fluffy, we were told not to touch them because once they smelled human smell on the babies, they say some mother cats can lose interest and not take care of them. I would wait a bit longer. Best wishes to Pouncette and new babies! I'll keep looking for updates!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Mum obviously thinks its safe for her babies to be there......I'd be inclined to leave them where they are for a while and keep an eye on things.......keep providing food and drink so she knows you're there if she needs you. Hope all goes well

catmandu
06-28-2005, 09:15 AM
SHOULD I LOOK,IN ON THEM,TO SEE IF THEY ARE ALL RIGHT,OR DO I LEAVE THAT,TO THE MOTHER.
THAT OLD TRUNK,IS NOT AN IDEAL PLACE,FOR KITTENS,SHOULD I PUT A PLASTIC BOX,IN,AND PALCE,THE KITTENS,IN IT?
THE LAST THING,THAT I WANT,TO DO,IS TO PANIC HER.
AND SHE WILL HAVE,TO MOVE,AS EVENTUALLY,WORK,WILL START,IN THE BASEMENT.
I AM SO TORN,AS WHAT,TO DO NEXT.'
WHO DECLAWS A CAT,AND DOESNT SPAY,TOO.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Leave it to Mum - would be best not to disturb the little ones for a while. If she feels they should be moved she will do it - you could always leave cosier places nearby to tempt her in..........

As for the declaw/spay question - some people just have no idea do they?

kittycats_delight
06-28-2005, 09:23 AM
My RB Mytsi had babie before. I can give you a little advise. First Clear out the trunk. Don't touch the kittens as we don't know how Pouncette will react to your touching them. Do check on them. Maybe lay a blanket or towel of some sort in the bottom of the trunk on one side. Your best bet is to close the door to the room where she has her babies And leave food, water and litter there for her. Check on them regularly. If you want me to call you to help you out a bit more pm your phone number or I can pm you mine.

Michelle

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh my, Gary!!! :eek: I have no experience with kittens so hopefully some of the more experienced people here will chime in. I agree, who gets a cat declawed but not fixed? Some people. :rolleyes: :mad:

However....yippeeee!! Kitten pictures!!! ;) :D

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
*BUMP* Anyone else have any advice?

kittycats_delight
06-28-2005, 11:00 AM
I am going to try to help the best I can over the phone but any and all advise would be appreciated. Jen, Jan, anyone.

sirrahbed
06-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Donna!!!! Can you add something here??

moosmom
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Gary,

Kittycatsdelight gave you excellent advice. Because you're not sure how Pouncette will react, just make sure she has clean bedding, food, water and litter. Let her do what she does best and that is be a mama!!! If you can, feed her kitten food, both wet and dry. She needs all the nutrients she can get while feeding those babies. Also, you might want to boil up some chicken livers and cut them up for her. My mama cat LOVED it!!!

I'd also keep all the other cats out! If she feels the least bit threatened, she'll move the babies. If you need any more advice, please PM me.

Just be there for her and let her do the rest!

kittycats_delight
06-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks so much Donna for the added advice. :) I love Pt and all our resident experts. :D

sirrahbed
06-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Yup! Always someone around and willing to help:) I love it too.

Gary - you are a GrandPaw!!;) :p :D

catmandu
06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
i am going,to take the fish bed down,as that would be ideal,for Pouncette,and Her Kittens.Lets hope,that she thinks so.And how fortunate,was that getting That Big Fish Bed,as a cradle,for My Grand Kittens.
AND THEY ARE FOUND CATS,AS IS POUNCETTE,WHO WILL BE SPAYED,AND THOSE KITTENS,WILL HAVE A FURR EVER HOME,REGARDLESS.
PLEASE PRAY,FOR THOSE BABIES!!!

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, GRAMPA GARY!!!! Keep us posted.

Shady
06-28-2005, 11:39 AM
OH MY GOODNESS! GARY'S A GRAMPAW!!

ALTHOUGH SO UNEXPECTED, AND QUITE SURPRISING, CONGRATULATIONS GARY ON THE NEW ADDITIONS TO THE FOUND CAT'S. THEY DONT KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE YET, BUT THEY WILL, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO BE JUST THE BEST GRAMPAW EVER!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/qpdoll/Various/wow.gif

Lacey
06-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Con-cat-ulations, Grampy Gary and Pouncette!

:D :D :D

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I agree with the others. It would probably be best to leave them be.
Bringing a more suitable bed nearby is a great idea, hopefully she decides to move them.

I do have to say that I personally think you should peek in on them IF momma cat does not mind or you can keep her occupied or closed in a seperate room just for a minute.
Don't disturb them JUST LOOK to make sure they are all alive & appear healthy.

Congrats

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Congrats to our newest grandpaw Gary!!

NKBurlington
06-28-2005, 01:11 PM
WHAT A SURPRISE, GARY!

I DONT' HAVE ANY ADVICE BUT EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN SAID HERE SOUNDS LIKE SOUND ADVICE TO ME.

KEEP US POSTED!!

doolittleky
06-28-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG, what a surprise! I would be freaking out for sure especially since you didn't know she was pregnant! I have never had any kitten experience but glad others have given you advice. I can't wait until they are older and you can take some pics of them so we can see. I wonder what they look like. The fish bed will be good for the babies. A lady bought one from me at the cat show just for that purpose. Good luck Gary! Keep us updated.
Melissa

catmandu
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
THE KITTENS ARE NOW,IN THEBIG FISH BED,IN THE SPARE BEDROOM.
THERE ARE TWO LITTLE GRAY,AND WHITE BABIES.I KNOW,THAT YOU SAID NOT TO MOVE THEM,BUT THAT TRUNK,WAS FILHY.I PICKED THEM UP,CAREFULLY,WITH PAPER TOWELS,AND PUT THEM,IN THE BIG FISH BED.
POUNCETTE,WAS NOT HOSTILE,WHEN I TOOK,THAT BOX,OF RECORDS AWAY,AND CLIMBED,INTO THE FISH BED,AFTER HER BABIES.
ALL THREE,ARE IN THE SPARE BEDROOM,AND I MA GOING,TO MAKE SURE,THAT ROOM,IS SEALED TIGHT,AS IT DOESNT CLOSE,PROPELY.
I JUST HOPE,THAT JJJ3,DOES NOT BULLHIS WAY IN,AS HE DID,WHEN WE HAD VISITORS.
WHAT LITTLE MIRACLES GEMSTER,AND KARINA2,ARE!
I FEEL BLESSED.

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the update! I see that you have already named them and what beautiful names they are. Glad that Pouncette didn't get upset at the move.

orangemm
06-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Wow, what a surprise for you! How lucky for them that you're the granddaddy!!

jenluckenbach
06-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on the babies. That too would surprise me (declawed but not spayed....but I've seen it before :rolleyes: )

Normally I'd say not to move them as mom might try to take them right back where SHE wants them. But when they are in danger (like out in the wild) we would move them to more suitable quarters. I think your move will be fine. Give her a choice of beds because she may like to have them in a different spot . (no accounting for a cat's taste, you know)

When do you think you will be able to get pictures?

Oh yes, are you certain that there are not other babies? Look thoroghly, I'd hate to have them die if there are others.

moosmom
06-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Gary,

You did the right thing. Congratulations in beocming a grampy!!!!