PDA

View Full Version : Edwina Finds Her Olympic Sport

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Edwina called home last night from SLC. She is absolutely determined to find a sport in which she can participate.

Now, Edwina has one problem -- even for a cat she has VERY short legs -- so speed skating is out.

Since she is not a Russian Blue she doesn't stand a chance in figure skating.

She was disappointed that dog sledding isn't an Olympic event -- something Gavin could do other than party, party, party!

In trying to comfort her, I said how much I miss her curled up on my legs at night and she said, "That's It-- Curling!!" She knows how to curl -- does it often, well, and so many different ways! Add a broom, some stones....It's perfect.

So be watching for Edwina in the Ladies Curling event. I hope NBC doesn't run commercials over her this time!

LoudLou
02-14-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
Litter tossing should be an Olympic event.

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/biggrinflip.gif I couldn't agree with you more!!!! Bonzo also does some "Zen Gardening" in there... sometime he scratches for 5 minutes!!!!:D

lynnestankard
02-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Everyone - LOL LOL LOL :D :D :D

Could we add down-the-stairs-leaping - I'm sure I've got a Gold Medal winner here in Bagel :D :D

But litter-throwing much be the bestest idea ever!!!! :D

Lynne

AmberLee
02-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Litter tossing: distance? height? speed? style? :D My little athletes have been in secret training for all of these! :rolleyes: Where are the Pet Talk Olympics to be held -- Pettalkville? or at the April meeting in Texas?

Edwina: sorry, I've missed the coverage -- what adorable costume do you wear when you do your curling? Or do you state your independence/ revel in your rebel nature and choose to go 'au naturalle'? You are an inspiration and I'm rooting for you to get the gold, sweetheart!

Former User
02-15-2002, 02:10 AM
Casper and Kitty can join the litter tossing team, they're masters! And also on dry food hockey :D

C.C.'s Mom
02-15-2002, 05:26 AM
We're also training for the litter tossing team. Rudie manages about 30 minutes if needed, preferably after the floor is cleaned.

We've got another sport to add: tree climbing. Germany is very well trained now that coach Cookie gets them into the tree within seconds.

My very deciplined team wakes up every morning at 5am to start working out after a nutrious breakfast, so that we'll be well in overweight shape for the Pet Talk Olympics.

Randi
02-16-2002, 07:29 AM
Fister can definately join in, in the litter tossing dicipline - and with his LEFT paw! :cool: Non the less, he claims he could a be a gold medal winner in opening doors and cupboards. He can open every single door in the house, big or small and he is not the one to give up easily if one of them is a bit stuck. The job has to be done!! :D :D

When we came home X-mas eve, he had opened every single door and cupboard in the house - just to show us! :rolleyes: and he was not even tired! To tell you the truth, I think he is secretly training this dicipline every time we're out.

So now, I guess, we just need one who can close them all again - anyone out there?

Pam
02-16-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by C.C.'s Mom
My very deciplined team wakes up every morning at 5am to start working out after a nutrious breakfast, so that we'll be well in overweight shape for the Pet Talk Olympics. [/B]

Today I was awakened by my Trevor before 7:00 (on a Saturday no less!), meowing and walking all over Bella and me as we tried to sleep. Yes he is very disciplined to wake up early but his goal is the breakfast that you mentioned, and not working out (perish the thought). After breakfast it's time to curl up in a ball somewhere and catch some more zzzzz's. In the meantime, I am now unfortunately wide awake! :rolleyes: