PDA

View Full Version : I hate to go down that highway

janelle
06-28-2005, 01:14 AM
We have a highway here that is right next to a prairie dog town. It's over by Wallmart and the Mall. Those big 16 wheeler trucks drive it all the time since they deliver to the stores. Those prairie dogs make their home right up to the highway and come out to the edge to eat.

A few days age we drove it and I saw lots of little ones on the shoulder of the road eating. One little guy was on the highway. I saw a huge truck coming and it tried to run back but the truck ran over it. The last thing I saw was it's little feet in the air. No way to save them.
:(

Sonia59
06-28-2005, 04:21 AM
OMG, it makes me sick when I hear such a story. :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:
Is there something to do???

catmandu
06-29-2005, 04:46 PM
AND THE THING,THAT THEY ARE SO SMALL,THAT THE TRUCK DRIVERS CANNOT SEE THEM,AND CANT STOP,THAT BIG,OF A VECHICLE,EVEN IF THEY DID.POOR LITTLE PARIE DOG,MAY HE GO,TO THAT BIG PRARIE,IN THE SKY.
WHERE THERE IS PLENTY,TO EAT,AND NO TRUCKS,OR HIGHWAYS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture516.jpg

orangemm
06-29-2005, 05:35 PM
I hate going down a lot of highways around here; always something on the side of the road. I don't care what it is, I still get upset when I see the poor things run over.

One time years ago I accidentally hit a squirrel...it was icy and I slid right into him. I still shudder when I think of it.