PDA

View Full Version : She's Home!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-27-2005, 08:58 PM
If you don't know why I'm so excited, go here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81828).

At the vet, they brought her out to me, the doc came out and explained some things, I paid the bill and we left. I had to drop her off then go pick up Terry right away, so I put her in the bedroom. When I opened the carrier, she slowly/tentatively came out, looked around, then went and hid under the bed.

By the time we got home she was ready to come out and even rolled over and acted cute for her daddy - while running from me everytime I bent down to pick her up. :( But I suppose that's to be expected since I'm the mean meowmy who dropped her off at that awful place. But she's over it now and is laying on the couch helping me post this.

She is doing so good that I can't believe it! She acts just like normal. She was a little tentative on the stairs, but she ran right up them like normal! :eek: I didn't get any "good" pics, but here are a few that I got of the good little patient.

She was so happy to be able to roll around in her box again.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/pe5dbe862fac44ccd9b4f304f9c2275be/f383f79a.jpg

Jack keeps sniffing at her. No hissing - on either part - but he just keeps sniffing sniffing sniffing...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p686608027bdf90151d1c3d8050630b10/f383f79f.jpg

I saved this one for last since it shows some of her stitches. I didn't realize it until I downloaded the pic. You can also see a little in the other pic her little shaved legs.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p140ca5192a951385153a28fa1880313d/f383f7a1.jpg

So my little sweety pie is home and snoozing contentedly. <sigh> :)

The vet did say that it was cancer, but it was very localized and "we have good margins." So he said he would not recommend chemo or anything at this time. There is always the chance that it will come back, but since "we have good margins" he is pretty confident that he got it all. I have to get a urine sample in about 3 months for him to analyze. I asked him if there was anything special I needed to do or anything and he said "No, just feed her."

I'm so happy she's home. :D

catmandu
06-27-2005, 09:05 PM
THE FOUND CATS,ARE SO PLEASED,THAT PEANUT BUTTER,IS BACK HOME,WHERE HER RECOVERY,WILL BE AIDED,BY BEING,WITH CRACKER JACK,AND HER GUARDIANS.
AND SMOKEY ANGEL,WILL STAY WITH HER,WITH TUBBY ANGEL,TO HELP HER RECOVER,AS THOSE MATURE CAT ANGELS,ARE BETTER SUITED,FOR THAT TASK.
HOPING,THAT YOU HAVE MANY MORE YEARS,WITH PEANU BUTTER,AND WE ARE SO PLEASED,THAT SHE GOT,SUCH A GREAT DIAGNOSIS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos934.jpg

THE FOUND CAT,ARE SO HAPPY,FOR YOU,AND PEANUT BUTTER.

Craftlady
06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
So glad Peanut is home and resting comfortable. Where did they find the tumor? I check through the previous thread and got slightly confused. You were mentioning UTI's and her licking the one leg and bladder stuff. Sorry this old brain gets confused easly. LOL
Glad you and hubby made it home safely with the new motor home. Boy, your old one was so nice cant wait to see photos of the new one.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
The tumor was in her bladder and they had to take about 50% of her bladder to get it out. However, the way the vet described her pee biscuits, they're bigger now - with 1/2 a bladder - than they have been in a long time! :eek:

Logan
06-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Bless her heart. I'm so glad she's home, Debbie!!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Just had to put her in the bedroom because Jack won't leave her alone. He just chased her from the upstairs loft, all the way down to the basement, and I'm just not comfortable with her running around like that yet. So I put her in the bedroom so she can rest. We'll be going to bed soon too, so I don't have to worry about her being lonely in there. And of course....Jack is standing guard at the closed bedroom door. :rolleyes:

gini
06-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Bless her heart is right!

Debbie, I am so glad that you have her under your own roof and you can get back to spoiling her.

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Debbie, I'm so glad that Peanut is now home and doing well.:) I hope that she makes a speedy recovery too. Please take care.:)

NoahsMommy
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d806b3127cce9225904a413000000016109BYt2Llq2I

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm so glad she's home, Debbie!!

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Yea Peanut!!!!!!

slick
06-27-2005, 09:55 PM
So glad to hear that Miss Pee-Nut is OK. My friend's cat, Luba, had cancer of the gall bladder (I know it's not the same organ) but after an operation, she's doing great and has been cancer free for the last year and a half. :)

I know that the Pretty Princess will spend many more happy years with you.

Karen
06-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh, welcome home, sweetie Peanut! Jack was probably just sniffing, saying "You smell funny. You smell like that pokey place!"

RICHARD
06-27-2005, 11:14 PM
great news.

Always welcome to these ears.

Ed sends his love.

rosethecopycat
06-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Welcome home, Peanut. Such a brave girl.
Enjoy yourself, and rest.

jazzcat
06-27-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm so glad she is home and enjoying her box!

cubby31682
06-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome home Peanut, I bet you are so glad to be home and have your mommy and daddy pet you instead of those doctors that you could melt your way into their hearts. Huh?!?

luckies4me
06-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Peanut, you cutie! :D So glad you are home. Tell Jack to behave like the cute man he is, so you can get your much needed rest for recovery. Precious girl, please feel better soon. :)

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 12:31 AM
hey peanut! WELCOME HOME!! very happy for you and you, debbie. :D

from now and on...be a good girl, do take care of yourself and don't worry your meowmie again!

prayers continuing for good things afterwards, hugs!

:) gina & her ark

Corinna
06-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Welcome home peanut. I bet she feels better than she has resently. Glad you and Terry made it home safe too.

Killearn Kitties
06-28-2005, 03:07 AM
This sounds great!! It is so good to see Peanut rolling in her box. She looks so happy to be back. :D

Barbara
06-28-2005, 03:49 AM
Yay!!!! Peanut!

I am so glad to hear how well you are:D And soon again you will be able to tell that CJ where his place is:D

Give kisses to your daddy but don't forget your meowmie who loves you dearly:)

catfamily
06-28-2005, 04:32 AM
I'm so happy she's got all that behind her and she will hopefully be 100 % very soon.You seem to have an excellent and trustwrothy vet.:D :D :D Thank goodness:D

Medusa
06-28-2005, 04:42 AM
How wonderful that Peanut is home and you're together again! Been a long haul, eh? I'm so happy for you both. God bless both of you.

Blessings,
Mary

jenluckenbach
06-28-2005, 04:54 AM
So glad to hear that you are safe and home and feeling good! :D

chocolatepuppy
06-28-2005, 05:11 AM
It's good to hear you're home Peanut! I hope you're feeling better! :)

sasvermont
06-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Such great news. I am so happy for you all. Peanut is my original "favorite cat"......here at Pet Talk.

((((((((((((((((((((Peanut))))))))))))))))))))))

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 08:02 AM
YEAH!! Glad to hear that Peanut is home and feeling better. Of course, she smells a little different from being in "that place". In no time, the smell will be gone and CJ won't even notice it. Glad she doesn't need to go through any chemo or anthing right now, hopefully she won't have to. Continue your recovery Peanut, sounds like you are doing good and happy to be home and I am certain that Meowmie and Pawpie are happy you are home too! Be a good girl and take it easy on the stairs for a few days and playing with CJ. Don't worry the fur on your tummy and your leg will grow back. It has taken Gidget quite a while (about 4 weeks) and it isn't completely back yet, so just give it time. You will be good as new before you know it.

lbaker
06-28-2005, 08:10 AM
OH HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE. Not just for dear sweetie Peanut but for you, Daddy and Jack too! And just to be selfish, for all of PetTalkers that take such happenstances to heart. Now then, let's get serious... what special treats did you have in mind? Shrimp? Caviar? Fancy cheese? ;) For Jack too of course, he suffered as well you know.

kittycats_delight
06-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Welcome home sweet Peanut. I am sooo glad they got that nasty stuff that was in your bladder. Fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed for you to never have to go through anything like that again. Now get lots and lots of lovin' and make sure you take it easy for a little while.

Randi
06-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh this is GREAT NEWS!! :) :) It's so good to see Peanut home, and enjoying her box. You must be over the moon, Debbie - and Terry too! :D

Kisses to you sweetiepie Peanut :p

sirrahbed
06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
:) Oh Debbie - what a relief for you!!. Doesn't Peanut look cute in her favorite box?? So sweet - makes me think she must feel good, too!
I bet she still has the vet smell and that makes Cracker do his sniffing - how great that he is not hissing though:)
I know you will happily clean out those big pee biscuits. Good!! I hope to hear Peanut is all back to her normal girlie-girl stuff VERY soon:) :)

smokey the elder
06-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm so glad Peanut cam throught her surgery OK, and is enjoying her box. CJ, you behave yourself! Before you know it, the old lady is gonna let you have it!:p :D

NKBurlington
06-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Peanut is soooo cute.

I'm glad to hear that she's doing well.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks so much everybody - and thanks for the cute little "get well cards." :)

She is doing well. She was extremely restless last night and I don't know if that's because she's not used to being locked in the bedroom or because she hurts. She seems to want to stand rather than sit or lay down, so I'm thinking she's still a little uncomfortable. But she was waiting for her treats this morning - just as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened in the last week, which is a very good sign. :D Then she followed me around all morning while I was getting ready for work. CJ went tromping after her one time and she hissed at him, and I scolded him, so after that he settled down on the back of a chair. I was going to put her in the bedroom again today so he couldn't chase her, but she looked so happy to be in her little bed upstairs that I just couldn't tear her away from that. Hopefully she'll tell Jack where to go so he'll leave her alone. ;)

So, she's doing well and is extremely happy to be home. And we are extremely happy to have her home. :D

ChrisH
06-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Wonderful news!!! :D :D

Welcome home Sweet Princess Peanut! :D

ramanth
06-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Yay Peanut!! I'm so happy to see that you are home and back to your old self again. :D Take it easy and don't pop the seams! :eek: :)

Sorry to hear it's cancer but it sounds like everything is on the up and up. :)

catlover4ever
06-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh Peanut it is so good to see you back home. Here's to a speedy recovery!!!!! :) :)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, here I sit, tears streaming down my face, and grinning like an idiot! I'm so glad she is home now. That first picture really got to me. She is showing her shaved leg really well in it. Like she was saying, just look what they did to me!

Bless her little heart, indeed!:D

RedHedd
06-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Welcome home Peanut! CJ be gentle with your little sister. The M's and I send prayers, gentle hugs and head bumpies for a speedy and complete recovery.

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Aw Debbie that is such great news. She's such a pretty kitty. You sure are lucky to have each other.

Now I'm sending wishes that it stays away!

Vio&Juni
06-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh, such good news! She's home, she feels OK, you're happy, we're happy :)

orangemm
06-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I can never rest if one of my darlings is at the dreaded place overnight! The house is just not right if they're not here, esp. if they're sick or hurt.

so glad she is improving and the outlook sounds great.

Get better, little sweetie!

kitten645
06-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Calvin and Hobbes both send their best wishs and hope you are fellin better real soon. We hope your bruder behaves and treats you with kid gloves till you are better. Kisses smooches and cuddles little girl. We love you so much.
Claudia:)

catnapper
06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
I am so sorry I missed this earlier! I am THRILLED to see she's home and happy! Woohoo!!!

anna_66
06-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I just had to go looking to see how it all went and I'm so glad to hear it went so well! This is awesome news Debbie:D

DogLover9501
06-28-2005, 05:49 PM
:eek: I can't believe I missed all this!!

I read up on everything and I am so glad that Peanut is home!

Vermontcat
06-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm so happy that sweet Peanut is feeling better and is back home where she belongs.
Give her some hugs and kisses from me.:)

AmberLee
06-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Welcome home, fuzzy Princess!

:D :D :D

trayi52
06-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Debbie, so good to hear Peanut is home and doing so well. Great to see her enjoying her box so well too! She does indeed look good.

Willie:)

TopCat3
06-29-2005, 01:41 AM
Very happy to finally hear Peanut (and you guys) are ALL back home together again! Wishing Peanut a full recovery and no recurrence of the problem. Quite a week or two you've had to live through there, one day at a time is the only way, and you had all of us here on the journey with you. Best wishes to you all, from me and TopCats 1 & 2.:) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Surgery? Who had surgery? Not my snotty little girl!

If it wasn't for her shaved tummy, you'd never be able to tell that she just spent 5 days in the hospital. :D

Oh, the only other way you can tell is because she has a lot of little bit size pee biscuits in the box instead of a few dinner rolls. ;)

Thanks so much everyone. She is doing so well I just can't believe it - and I'm so happy. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2005, 10:57 AM
WE ARE HAPPY TOO!!!:D

sugarpaws
06-29-2005, 12:00 PM
so very happy to hear Peanut baby is all well and home and princess like again!
lots of headbumpies
heidi ann and sammy:)

TopCat3
06-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
WE ARE HAPPY TOO!!!:D

I echo momoffuzzyfaces wholeheartedly!!:D Isn't it amazing how quickly they recover from surgery? I'm always amazed when they come home after spaying and are jumping about without a care in the world. If it's us, it's "Ooh I feel bruised...Ouch my stitches...oh I'm so--o-o-o tired (yawn)" Don't you just love 'em?:rolleyes: :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is such great news, Debbie!! Peanut will get better every day now, being home again!! Give her a "gentle" hug from all of us here!
Will she need more treatment, like chemo?