PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Kia to "Sit Pretty"

ramanth
02-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Help!

How do I teach Kia to 'Sit Pretty'? :confused:

mary_jsn
02-14-2002, 02:24 PM
The beg thing? Well this is how I'm teaching Leika right now. I take a treat and place it above her nose, not touching eat but very near. If she tries to eat it just raise it a little until she actually lift her front paws. If she does it, try to keep her some seconds in that positions but if she falls try again and when she does it give her the treat and praise her. Hope she learns how to do it!

Kfamr
02-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Also, you can put your arm out and have the dog balance with that, and once they gte used to balanceing only hold it up a little bit. just watch out! the claws will get ya!:p

ramanth
02-14-2002, 03:38 PM
oh! I'm doing something right. :)

I was holding it above her nose but she was leaping for it. *laughs*

I held out my arm, asked her to 'Sit Pretty' and she put her paws on my arm. I was just trying to figure out how to go past the stage where she'd no longer use my arms to lean on.

I know what you mean about those claws Kay Ann! LOL!

I'll keep practicing. :)

mary_jsn
02-14-2002, 03:57 PM
may be you could try to remove your arms from her paws and see if she can balance.

Kfamr
02-14-2002, 03:57 PM
when she learns to balance well, hold the treat abouve he nose... and push her chin up a little....dont but it up too far or she will leap for it all the time sooner or later she will do it with out you even have to put a treat above her nose. if shes anything like Sim Sim she will just do it when she sees a treat! lol when i get a treat out simba just does a buncha of tricks without me laying anything:p

evelyn1157
02-21-2002, 10:54 PM
zoey kinda knows hot to sit pretty now but she doesn't seem to be able to stay in that position .when i ask her to sit pretty, she be in that position for only 1-2 seconds.how do i get her to stay?