PDA

View Full Version : Finn's getting neutered in the morning

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm to take Finn into the humane society tomorrow around 7:30 to get neutered. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but, I am. He's never really been to the vet, except for routine shots, so, he's never been there for more than twenty minutes at a time. And, never without me. He's getting his distemper shot and a heartworm test, too, so that I can put him back on heartgard (it's been a couple months). Anyway, I'm nervous, and, just wanted to ask for some well wishes. I hope the procedure helps a little in the way of him getting so offended by rude dogs. Only time will tell! I know there are more serious things going on even just in the dog general forum, and, so I am not going to be hurt if this isn't a thread people post on. I want all the dogs that have gotten lost to come home, but, I want my buddy to get through his surgery all right, too. :)

petslover
06-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Finn is a tough lil man! He'll be okay! Don't worry to much! :)

Lexi_Lover
06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Don't worry, or else you can really not focus on anything else! Finn will be a very good boy! Have fun at the vets Finn! I know it'll be difficult buddy, but its ok! :)

Love,
Paula & Lexi

kimboe
Aww...i'm happy i was not there when Camen got fixed when he was younger. ( i adopted him after all that)
i hope everything goes ok, I'm sure it will! it all routine

Jadapit
I understand completey. You and Finn will be in my thoughts.

luvofallhorses
He'll be fine :) ((((reassuring hugs)))))

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks, everyone. I'm not normally much of a worrywart, but, I don't know. I guess just cuz I'm not able to afford to take him to a regular clinic. I know the humane society spays and neuters all the time, but, I am just worried. I did the low cost clinic once before with two cats, and, they were fine. Again, I'm not sure why I'm so worried this time. :rolleyes:

K9soul
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
It's natural to be worried Mom! :) But I'm sure Finn will do wonderfully, he'll be up and trying to bounce around before you know it. He'll be in my thoughts though and I will certainly send up a prayer that things go smoothly!

fritz03
06-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Best wishes to Finn tomorrow.I'm sure he will be fine.From Barry and Fritz.

Vette
06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I exactly how you feel! i was the same way when i had my cats spayed.. and i did all that worring for nothing! :D

he'll be fine and recover faster then youd imagine. :)

KYS
06-27-2005, 08:51 PM
It is always natural to worry about when our
babies have any type of surgery.

Sending many good thoughts and quick get well
wishes to Finn.

chocolatepuppy
06-27-2005, 09:15 PM
We always worry when we have to leave our babies and when they have surgery! This time tomorrow you'll be telling him to settle down because he's suppose to be taking it easy! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
I know how you feel, I had Nacey and Nova spayed on the same day. Finn will be fine. I've used a low cost spay and neuter clinic several times before, whenever I have stray cat to neuter I take them there.

Ginger's Mom
06-27-2005, 09:29 PM
I am sure Finn will be fine. But I do understand completely how you feel. I think it is harder on the parents than the furkids. ;) Our thoughts will be with you and Finn.

Suki Wingy
06-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I think most PT boys have been through the same thing Finn! Don't worry Kari, he'll be fine and just as happy afterwards!:)

caseysmom
06-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Don't worry he will be fine. Your doing the right thing.

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks again, everyone! He's looking around for water, though, I feel bad. I hate that he can't have water before the surgery, that's gotta suck!

anna_66
06-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I know it's going to be just fine so try not to worry:)

cyber-sibes
06-27-2005, 11:41 PM
best wishes for a speedy recovery, Finn! (he'll be just fine, Mom!)

PJ's Mom
06-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Try not to worry about him, Kari. You'll be surprised at how fast they bounce back from this. He'll be fine. :)

(((Hugs))) and best wishes to you and Finn. :)

Glacier
06-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Good luck, Finn. We know you will be fine, but play it up a little when you get home. It should get you some extra treats!;)

gemini9961
06-28-2005, 02:52 AM
He'll be fine Kari. I was worried to with mine, but it's just because I care so much about them and they are my babies. They made it fine through the surgery without any problems. Anyways, best wishes Finn and keep us updated.

Oggyflute
06-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Good luck Finn. He'll be just fine.:)

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 05:45 AM
We're heading out! I'll update later today when I bring him home!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Its all part of being a Mum - the worry. He'll be fine, you'll see

Daisy and Delilah
06-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Help Mommy get through this Finn!! You guys are gonna be ok!! Hugs and kisses to both of you from us Kari!!:D

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:) :) :) :) :)

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the well wishes! I don't feel any better about this, the girl was really short with me. :( I just hope she's nicer to Finn than she was to me. It's just so weird, you can't realize your full potential as an animal guardian until you learn to get along with people, because they usually go hand in hand. Oh, well. And, when I just got home, too, there was a dead squirrel in the driveway of the community. :( I got a shovel and moved into the grass, it was so sad. It must have just happened, too, poor thing. We have a lot of squirrels out here, and, I think they're great. I hope it wasn't one of my parents that hit it. It was right by where we all park.

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 07:58 AM
OH, and, Finn's gained almost ten pounds since we got here in April! He's about 59 pounds now!

anna_66
06-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Good luck today Finn!!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by finn's mom
I don't feel any better about this, the girl was really short with me. :( I just hope she's nicer to Finn than she was to me.

I'm sure she will be - doctors are always nicer to patients than relatives!! Sad about the squirrel :( not what you needed really was it?

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
I'm sure she will be - doctors are always nicer to patients than relatives!! Sad about the squirrel :( not what you needed really was it?

Well, I don't think she was the vet, I think she was just an assistant/receptionist or something. I could be wrong, though. Either way, though, it just sucks to not feel welcome, ya know? It was hard to leave him there. Like they didn't deserve him being there. I know when I go out looking for a regular vet, I certainly won't give my money to a vet with a staff that isn't friendly.

And, nah, it made me cry to have to get the squirrel out of the road. :( I just didn't want him to be in the street and get hit again. He's at least over the fence, and, in the woods, now.

beeniesmom
06-28-2005, 09:28 AM
He will be fine!
Keep us posted.

lv4dogs
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Bigyummydog
06-28-2005, 09:41 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/throwkisses.gif Kisses to you FINN!

crsvstang
06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Good luck Finn! I'm sure he will be just fine!

caseysmom
06-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Don't worry Finn...here's a picture of me the afternoon of my neutering. I was trying to figure out what I needed those for with that science book, I still am not sure what I needed them for but it didn't hurt too bad.

Bubba

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/000_0020.jpg

lizbud
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Hope Finn recovers quickly with no problems.:)

beeniesmom
06-28-2005, 12:44 PM
when is he coming home?

IRescue452
06-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Good luck Finn. And don't let your buddies razz you about your loss.

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey, everyone. Finn is doing fine, but, he's staying over night. The humane society recommended it because he's large and active. NO! Not Finn. ;) Yeah, it's in case he slips a ligature. (I don't know if I spelled that correctly or not) I just think he'll be better staying there in the cage, instead of being home in his crate. I think he'll be less likely to act goofy at the clinic. ;) And, I think it's just safer to leave him there, but, I'll be going to get him first thing tomorrow morning. I have a few photos of him in the cage, I'll post them later.

Dixieland Dancer
06-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Speedy recovery to Finn. Give him a big hug from me!

Daisy and Delilah
06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Hugs and kisses Finn!!! Glad you're doing good and maybe Mom can relax!!

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey, thanks for all the well wishes! Finn is actually resting! I thought it would be a good idea to get a baby gate put up downstairs so that he wouldn't go up and down the stairs. That worked for about two minutes. He just walked through the banister rungs, smart dog. Oh, well. I guess all I can do is try to keep him from **running** up the stairs as much as usual. :rolleyes: I brought his crate back out, too, so, that while we're gone, he's limited as to where he can go. He'll mostly just nap. I posted some photos in the "groggy finn" thread, if you wanna see my boy back home. They're no big deal, I don't have time right now to take good ones. But, I'm just glad to have him home. Now as long as he doesn't try to take the sutures out, let the healing begin! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
06-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Woohoo! More good news!! Finn is home, Squid is home - all we need is to hear that Fritz won...............:D

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Woohoo! More good news!! Finn is home, Squid is home - all we need is to hear that Fritz won...............:D

Well, he did win the popular vote! :) Now, it's up to the judges to pick the other winner! :)

Samantha Puppy
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. Yeah, good luck keeping a peppy, active dog calm. Samantha was supposed to stay quiet for TEN DAYS and not do stairs, but the next morning she woke up before me, followed my dad downstairs and then ran back up and JUMPED on my bed. I had taken the day off and everything, just in case she was sore and needed help with getting around. Punk. Dogs are so much more resilient than people. I wonder if I'll be jumping on beds if I end up having to have a c-section. :rolleyes: I somehow doubt it. :)

Kisses to Finn!

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Yeah, good luck keeping a peppy, active dog calm.

I know, I'm just going to do the best I can. He already doesn't jump on my bed anymore, since I've been making him sleep on blankets on the floor. And, as for the stairs, when I walk down with him, I just block his way, so he can't bolt. And, I'll just avoid walking him anywhere near the geese or the water. :)