PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a shelter cat.

jenluckenbach
06-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Can everyone take a moment to add Tinkerbelle to their prayers? She is only 6 years old but she is starving herself to death. It may already be too late. :( I just learned that she is hospitalized, has lost 5 pounds and is full of fluid. I wish I would have known sooner. This is she.
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/PA02/PA02.4332474-1-pn.jpg
She lost her home when her caretaker, an elderly gentleman, was placed in a nursing home. He was her WHOLE life. She was placed in one of our foster homes (but as you might imagine, all our foster homes have OTHER cats) Tinkerbelle could not adjust to no longer being alone. :( She started to turn mean and instead of enjoying life, stopped eating. We did not know how bad the situation had gotten, and even if we had know, we simply had no place to shelter her as a single cat. A sad situation for all.
She needs nothing less than a miracle to help her survive. And then she needs a place to go where she can live as the solitary queen that she is used to.
PLEASE pray for her.
Thank you.

rg_girlca
06-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Oh Jen, what a sad, sad, situation. Poor sweet Tinkerbelle.

Prayers on the way, that she pulls through and she is able to find the kind of home that she so desparately needs.

Don't give up sweet thing. There IS someone out there for you, to give you love and care for the rest of your life.

catmandu
06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
JEN,I FEEL SO BADLY,FOR TINKERBELLE,I WISH,THAT ICOME CALIM HER,AND LET HER ADJUST,TO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL.SHE COULD HAVE,THE BASEMENT,TO HERSELF,AND BE THE ONLY CAT .THERE.
AND THIS IS LIVING PROOF,THAT CATS,ARE NOT,THE HEARTLESS CREATURES,THAN MANY PEOPLE,THINK,THAT THEY ARE,AS TINKERBELLE,IS CLEARLY PINING,FOR HER GUARDIAN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture503.jpg

momcat
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Not to worry, prayers are being prayed for lovely Tinkerbell. How sad! Not to worry, sweet kitty, everything will work out fine. PT prayers are mighty powerful. Your new furever home is waiting for you and when you're all better that very lucky someone will find you.....

kuhio98
06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Praying for Tinkerbell. Is there any way she can visit her person in the nursing home? Some nursing homes allow pets.

jazzcat
06-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh that is so sad Jen. She's grieving herself to death.

Prayers on the way for that poor little girl.

krazyaboutkatz
06-28-2005, 12:59 AM
This is so sad.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Poor little girl. Prayers going out to sweet Tinkerbelle. How very, very sad. Come on sweetie, don't give up! You must miss your companion very much, but I am sure that there is someone else out there who would love to give you a good home and be your new companion. Please keep us posted on how things are going for her.

sirrahbed
06-28-2005, 08:37 AM
This is a heartbreaking situation with Tinkerbelle:( I wonder if she is now grieving herself to death? Or, maybe she cannot stand being with other cats. I also wish she could vist her owner in the nursing home!!
I have said my prayer about this situation....so sad!:(

Maybe a miracle will allow Tinkerbelle to get into an "only kitty" home or room and she will once again start to eat. Poor thing.

rosethecopycat
06-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Tinkerbelle,

Love is out there again for you. Please have patience with us humans.
The humans are trying, so you have to try too.

Have faith, sweetheart.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Oh no, poor Tinkerbelle. :( I sure hope she finds a quiet home where she can begin to thrive again. Please don't starve yourself to death, Tinkerbelle, we here at PT all love you and are pulling for you.

Good thoughts and prayers going out for Tinkerbelle. :(

jenluckenbach
06-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Tinkerbelle is doing (mentally) much better while at the vet's. Simply getting away from the other cats has helped her to act more like her self.

But her blood work looks BAD. Her liver is effected from not eating. I guess it looked so bad that the vet recommended putting her to sleep. :( Our directer said NO.

The best news is that someone from the vet's office will be fostering her as an only cat. So she will now have a chance to recover (if that is her fate). I hope she can pull herself through.

Thank you for the prayers.

chocolatepuppy
06-29-2005, 05:05 AM
This is so sad. :( Prayers headed Tinkerbelles way.

dukedogsmom
06-29-2005, 05:08 AM
That is oh so sad. My heart is breaking for sweet Tinkerbell. I pray that someone can come along and save her before it's too late. What about a vet's office? Isn't there one that needs a mascot?

neko1
06-29-2005, 05:41 AM
Poor kitty. Prayers that she can recover in her new foster home.

Sonia59
06-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Prayers to you sweetie, don't give up please! We all love you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm glad she finally found a foster home that will allow her to be an only cat. Hopefully she didn't do any permanent damage to her liver and she'll recover and get back to her normal sweet self.

furrykidsmother
06-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Glad to hear that she is at a new home where she is an only cat. I hope that she didn't do permanent damage. Please little one, get better and know how much you are loved!

jenluckenbach
07-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Tinkerbelle is at the RB. :( Be happy little one and wait for your beloved person.

moosmom
07-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Oh Jen :(:(

Poor Tinkerbelle. RIP sweet little girl. You were loved.

furrykidsmother
07-01-2005, 02:24 PM
OH NO!!! I am so sad to hear that Jen. What happened, did she do that much damage to her liver or did she just give up? Poor little thing, I feel so bad. RIP little Tinkerbelle, we all loved you. Play hard and be healthy and happy now at the RB.

smokey the elder
07-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Poor Tinkerbelle. RIP, sweet baby.

dukedogsmom
07-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Tinkerbell, I'm so sorry you didn't get the home you deserved here on earth. I'm hoping you have a very special place at the RB.

luvofallhorses
07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh my gosh I just saw this and I am in tears :( R.I.P. Sweetie :( You were a beautiful girl.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. :(

RIP sweetie. :(

catfamily
07-01-2005, 06:16 PM
This is so very sad.I wish I saw this earlier.But I don't know what I could of done.Pray pray pray I guess.I think I would of taken her and helped get her liver better but she didn't like other cats.This breaks my heart.I'm sure yours is broken.I'm so sorry.

chocolatepuppy
07-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Rest in Peace Tinkerbelle.

krazyaboutkatz
07-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( RIP sweet Tinkerbelle.:(

rg_girlca
07-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear this. Poor Tinkerbelle, just couldn't take being away from her long time owner. How sad.

Rest in Peace sweet Tinkerbelle and know that your faithful companion will come to take you home again on the RB.

orangemm
07-02-2005, 04:51 AM
RIP little one. I can't imagine the way this poor baby felt when she was separated from her owner.

What a sad, sad story.

momcat
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
I can't tell you how sad I felt hearing that Tinkerbell passed to the RB. Beautiful Tinkerbell will be missed. RIP sweet kitty.

kittycats_delight
07-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Poor sweet Tinkerbell all you wanted was to be an only cat and to be loved. I am sorry we failed you. We were just to late to help you get better. Be happy and heal at RB know you were loved by many. You touched our hearts and we wanted you to be well and happy. Play hard sweetie and wait for your purrson to join you. You will then be in their arms again to cross the bridge together forever.

R.I.P. Tinkerbell.
You are loved and missed.