PDA

View Full Version : Finding an apartment vent!!

Jods
06-27-2005, 10:50 AM
How hard is it to find a decent apt?? We've been looking for ages and nothing!! We filled out an aplication for this one place on Fri and they said if we were accepted they would get back to us probably Mon. So I call them and they say they will call us if we are accepted, but won't if we are not :rolleyes: I don't think I will be accepted because they are doing a credit check and I have never had a credit card or anything to make me even have a record or whatever it is. So if they don't call how will I know what to fix?? GRRRRRRRR It's so annoying. My bf has a credit card so it might be okay for him, but how are we supposed to know if they don't call us. I'm getting so frustrated. I want a place sooo bad... I'd really like one by the end of the summer because I want to get settled before the baby comes. Everytime I do get ahold of a place they either say no pets or no children!! :mad: Is it really this hard to find a place?? Sorry for the vent.

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 10:56 AM
It can be hard to find a place to live, but, have you tried online? That's the only way I do it, now. You can "visit" hundreds of properties in a matter of minutes, just make a list of what you need, and, stick to it. Don't even look at places that don't have what you need. I can usually narrow my search down to five apartments and then go out and drive and check the places out. Like for me, I'd rather have a fitness center on the property than a washer and dryer in my apartment. Going to a laundromat is a heck of a lot cheaper than having to pay for a gym membership. And, I always have to find a place that allows a 60 pound dog. :) Those are things that are important to me, and, everyone is obviously different. But, the internet has been a great source for searching for homes, at least in my experience. Good luck!