PDA

View Full Version : My car accident friday evening

crsvstang
06-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I thought I'd tell you all what happened Friday and bit what is going on is why I am so upset.

Friday I was heading toward Union it is a town we live near. I went to make a left hand turn and was waiting for on coming traffic. Of course I had my turn signal on.

Well as I waited I noticed this black car coming toward me from behind. Then all the sudden she just slammed right in the back of my vehicle. She is really lucky she didn't hurt my kids.:mad: I of course was thrown back because my seat had broken.

My kids were of course ok, thank god for car seats! My mom happened to drive by the wreck so she could take them home. I on the other hand was taken to the hospital because, my neck was hurting me.

The hospital did not find anything when they done exrays. But my neck is still bothering me. I also had a very bad headache after the wreck. Which I have been told is whip lash.

Fast forward to today well the insurance companies, ours and the girls was suppose to get a police report. Well the Deupty that is doing our report was not working today. Rob has been talking to the insurance company that the girl had. He said he has had nothing but the run around today. He even tried talk to the girl but she just got all nasty and would not give any information we needed. She told Rob he had to get it from the accident report.

So.........Rob is going talk to a lawyer and see if the guy will take our case.

I'm not to sure what is going happen from here on out now. I just hope things get worked out for us.

NoahsMommy
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
(((hugs))))

I hope you feel better soon and that everything gets worked out for you.

lizbud
06-27-2005, 01:01 PM
You really shouldn't have to talk to the other driver at all, should
you? Your insurance company should get the ball rolling for you.
Of course, you should get yourself checked out medically & report
any injuries to the Doctor. Hope everything gets worked out for you.

sasvermont
06-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Some Frequently Asked Questions and Common Sense Answers about Motor Vehicle Accidents*
As Soon as an Accident happens:
• Stop your car. Failure to stop can result in serious criminal consequences.
• Warn approaching traffic with flares and/or your car’s flashers.
• Call the police. If anyone is injured, call for an ambulance.

At the Scene of the Accident:
• Do not make any statements about who caused the accident.
• Note carefully any statements made by other people involved in the accident.
• Get the following information from the driver(s) of the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident :

 Driver’s license, driver’s birth date, license number, and state of issue.
 Vehicle make, model, year and tag number. Ask to see the registration card to confirm this important information.
 Name, address and phone numbers (home and work) of the driver.
 Name, address and phone numbers (home and work) of the owner.
 Insurance company name, policy number and contact information.

• Get the names, addresses, home and work phone numbers of anyone who saw any part of the accident (witnesses) or who came onto the scene afterwards.

• Tell the police officer that you want a written report of the accident. (Sometimes, if no one appears to be injured, the police will not prepare a report. If that happens, make a note of the officer’s name, badge number and the name of the agency he works for.)

• If injured, or if you aren’t sure if you are OK, go immediately by ambulance or car to a hospital emergency room. CAUTION: Due to the shock of the collision, you may not realize how badly you are hurt. If you are unsure, be on the safe side and go to the hospital or see your doctor right away. DO NOT DELAY! You may not be aware of the full extent of soft tissue injury until days or weeks after the accident. You should have a doctor familiar with car accident injuries examine you promptly. Seeing a doctor immediately is very important in getting fair compensation for your personal injury.

After the Accident:

• Call your attorney!
The sooner your attorney is brought into the matter, the better he or she can advise you and protect your rights. Your attorney will help you process your medical bills, work with the insurance companies and help you get a fair recovery for your injuries.

• Describe What Happened.
Write a letter to your attorney that sets out a detailed description of the accident, including location, time of day, weather conditions, description of the roadway, speed limit, traffic lights, stop signs, etc. The sooner you do this, the more precise your recollection will be. Writing to your attorney is better than merely making notes for yourself because the attorney-client communications privilege shields the information from being obtained by an opponent who might try to use the information in some manner that works against you.

• Talk to No One.
You answered the investigating police officer's questions at the scene of the accident. Afterwards, you should not talk to anyone about your collision except one of the lawyers or investigators in your lawyer's office. You should not even talk to your own insurance company without notifying your lawyer first. Remember, the attorney-client communications privilege and your attorney's counsel are there to protect you, while statements made to other persons are generally not shielded from disclosures and can sometimes hurt you.

Other Matters to Attend To:

• Traffic Offenses – Never plead guilty to any traffic offenses or pay any tickets in connection with the collision without speaking with your lawyer first. If you receive a ticket, call your lawyer immediately, and he or she will see that someone represents or advises you.

• Witnesses – Give your lawyer the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses to the collision and people who came on the scene after the collision.

• Photographs – Take pictures of any severe bodily injuries and damage to your car immediately. This will vividly record what happened. Send your lawyer the negatives and copies of prints of any photographs you have pertaining to your case. Helpful photographs include those which show damage to your vehicle, that show the accident scene and that show the nature and extent of your injuries.

• Car Repair – If your car has not been repaired, do not do so until you speak with your lawyer—he or she may want to take pictures or have the car inspected. If it has been repaired, supply your lawyer with copes of all estimates and bills.

• Your Doctor – You should follow as precisely as possible the advice and course of treatment recommended by your doctor or other health care providers. Do not minimize and do not exaggerate your ailments to your doctor or health care provider, as he or she needs to know he true extent of your problems to best know how to treat you. If you see any additional doctors or health care providers, be sure to immediately let your attorney know their names, addresses and telephone numbers.

• Record of Complaints – Keep a daily or weekly record of your condition and progress, just like a diary. Record how you feel on a day-to-day basis and how your life is affected by your injuries. This can be very helpful in dealing with your insurance company and if a trial is necessary. Again, do not minimize or exaggerate your problems; write down exactly how you are feeling.

• Wages and Earnings Lost – Keep an accurate record of all time lost from work because of your injuries, including time off to visit doctors and therapists. Have your employer send your lawyer written confirmation of this and the amount of wages represented by this time lost. Your lawyer needs this information even if you are compensated for your lost pay through sick leave or vacation time. (Note: Some states do not allow recovery for lost time if you received sick leave or vacation time.)

• Medical Bills – Keep copies of all your medical, hospital and prescription medication bills, and send the original bills to your lawyer. You should also keep records of any other expenses you have in connection with your accident, such as the hiring of extra help and mileage or taxi fare for visits to doctors. All your expenses should be paid by check or you should get a receipt. If you have health or medical insurance to cover such bills, or if this is a Worker's Compensation case, please speak with a lawyer before submitting bills for payment. If you can pay the amount not covered by insurance, don't not pay because of the case, but again, speak with your lawyer first.

ramanth
06-27-2005, 01:08 PM
I am so sorry. :( I hope you feel better and get everything sorted out. Glad your kids are okay.