PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's 30 Minute Meals

PJ's Mom
06-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Did anyone watch yesterday morning's episode of 30 Minute Meals? Rachael Ray did a show that was a tribute to her RB dog, Boo. Boo was a pittie mix who died in Feb or March of this year. She made all her favorite foods and cried at the end of the episode. :(

For a food show, it was really sad, but I loved how close she was to her dog. :)

aly
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
She generally really annoys me, but it sounds like a sweet episode. I already like her much better just hearing about it. I'll try to catch a rerun if I can.

caseysmom
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I actually like watching her, I wished I saw that.

Samantha Puppy
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
It sounds sweet, but I'm with Aly. Rachael Ray annoys me faster than just about anyone else on TV. I hate how everything is "yummy" and how she rolls her eyes when she takes a bite, and how she giggles at herself... I just want to rip her hair out... or at least smack her around a little. :D

What she did sounds sweet - a nice tribute for her dog.

PJ's Mom
06-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah, she's a little annoying. lol I usually don't get to catch her show much anymore, but yesterday's show caught my attention.

They'll probably air it again sometime this week. They usually show the weekend shows again during the week. :)

ParNone
06-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Wish I'd seen that one. I don't usually watch her 30 minute meal show, because she never seems to cook anything I'd like, but I do like her $40 a day show.

My fave is Paula Dean though. She's hysterical, has that wonderful Southern accent, cooks things that you'd really want to eat. And as an added bonus, you get to catch glimpses during the show of her two Labs hanging out in the kitchen with her.

Par...

kuhio98
06-27-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry, but I've never heard of her or the show. But, I generally do enjoy cooking shows. The hosts are hysterical. My favorite was a french lady (named Madelyn, I think) who used to demonstrate on her body where the cut of meat she was cooking came from. :eek: She'd grab her body part and us kids would laugh till we peed our pants. :D

elizabethann
06-27-2005, 11:37 AM
I love Rachel Ray. I wished I saw that. How sad but sweet that she dedicated the show to her pet.

ParNone
07-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I was reading Paula Deen's Cookbook this last weekend and she talks about how she met her husband. She'd been asking God for a lil' help in finding somebody and low and behold her two dogs up and run off from her one day while they're out walking and lead her straight to her future husband to be.

I just thought that was so cool! Gotta love dogs. They always manage to come through for ya. :)

Par...

RICHARD
07-06-2005, 05:24 PM
SHE COOKED HER DOG??????:eek:

beeniesmom
07-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I LOVE that show but I missed yesterdays episode :(
I hope to see it as a rerun someday.

PJ's Mom
07-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
SHE COOKED HER DOG??????:eek:

Don't tell me you missed it! :eek:

;)

Par, Paula mentioned that story on one of her shows awhile back. I thought it was cute. :)

On a side note, has anyone noticed that she'll (Paula Deen) be in a movie coming out soon? It's called Elizabethtown. :)

RICHARD
07-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Ms Ray isn't a fave of mine.....

She always cooks chicken and the "yummy" thing bugs me too....I am waiting for a food show where the cooks tells the truth.

"You know I messed up, I put too much ------- into that bowl...forget it!"

I guess since I am a guy I'll have to say something about the way she dresses.......she has a strange body type.

I do like the semi home made home girl....:confused:

PJ's Mom
07-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I do like the semi home made home girl....:confused:

Sandra Lee? :eek:

:D

jenfer
07-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I actually saw that episode, it was touching. I have to give Gigi a hug after watching that.
Like many have said, I don't like her that much, because she is "loud". :) But of course now I think differently.

RICHARD
07-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Sandra Lee? :eek:

:D

Yes! She's typical CA housewife.....short on cooking skills, loaded with 'cute'.

Back to Rachel Ray.....another gal who did an 'Underwear Pictorial'
for FHM magazine.....

She cavorted around the kitchen in a apron and undies......I was hoping for a hairnet too....:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

But it was nice she dedicated the show to her dog.....

I'd be upset if my dog died because of my cooking....

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!:o

ChrisH
07-09-2005, 05:34 AM
...I am waiting for a food show where the cooks tells the truth.

"You know I messed up, I put too much ------- into that bowl...forget it!"
Richard, if you could see it, I'm sure you'd like Nigella's new show. No cavorting in apron and undies, but I think she always tells the truth. :D http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=3835