PDA

View Full Version : Dearest John ...

Randi
06-27-2005, 05:06 AM
... today is your birthday and you’re not here with me :( ... but I believe you are in spirit. :)

I remember in your 40ties you said, I’ll never make it to 50, and later you said, I’ll most definately not last till 60 - but you did, and we celebrated in style! :)

You have been a loving companion and a great inspiration to me, I could always count on you. You are now resting in the churchyard across the road, but you are next to your old friend, and I'm sure you two are having a great time and a cold beer to celebrate.

For you who didn't now John, he joined PT (as Jonza) in January 03 after having posted under my name for a while, but he had more to say. ;)

John came to Denmark in 1962 and worked as an engineer, before he started his own business as a photographer. He later worked for he biggest Publishing Company in Copenhagen, it suited him fine, as he was a bit tired of carrying around heavy photo equipment and sometimes working through the night for advertising companies. He also did illustrations and maps for The Danish Encyclopedia for almost 10 years, which he enjoyed, and he had every reason to proud of his achievements.

One of John’s passions was motor racing. He never missed a F1 and refused to answer the phone when the starting grid was lined up. LOL!

I lost John in february, and miss him very much, as his friends and family do. :(

John, wherever you are, have a fine day today! You will never be forgotten, for you were one of a kind, and you have certainly left your mark on this planet!

delidog
06-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Happy Birthday,John!!!
You are Deeply Missed and Loved...
Keep Looking in on Randi & Fister....
They Still need you....

God Rest You Dearest John

Have a Good Birthday...
Pic a Good Lager to toast Your Day

Barbara
06-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Happy Birthday Jonza !!!!!!

You picked up all of the kitties you have known at Rainbow Bridge and stepped right into heaven I suppose - but I love to think of you being at Rainbow Bridge and waiting for Randi and Fister.

I feel so honored that I could meet you in person. I loved your sense of humour. I agreed with your ethical values. And I still see you sitting on my sofa with Tigris' head on your knee. A pity that in this life we cannot get these moments back. But how happy have we been to have them- thanks to Pet Talk:)

jenluckenbach
06-27-2005, 05:35 AM
BIRTHDAY......a day to celebrate the anniversary of one's birth.

Even thought John is gone from our physical world, we can and should continue to celebrate this day. For if it were not for this day none of us would have gotten to know and love John.

But for you, Randi, I grieve. These more special days must be the hardest to bear. :( 4 months gone after a lifetime of love is but a blink of an eye. Let the knowledge that John's spirit is never far from you, carry you through the days.

We love YOU and will be hear for you always.

Happy Birthday, John and {{{{HUGS}}}} Randi.

anna_66
06-27-2005, 07:18 AM
I never really knew him, but with all the wonderful things everyone has said I feel like I know what a great man he was.

{{{HUGS}}} to you today Randi

trayi52
06-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Happy Birthday, John. I didn't know you personally, but I do know you were a special person.

Randi, I know you still miss John, because afterall he was your partner in life. Love and Hugs to you this day.

Willie

dukedogsmom
06-27-2005, 08:04 AM
I know today must be very hard for you. When you visit him across the road today, tell him that PT people miss him, as well. I hope you can find peace with this soon. I'm sure it must be very difficult. You are in our thoughts.

K9soul
06-27-2005, 08:16 AM
What a beautiful letter to John. It's hard to find words to say through my tears, but I thank you so very much for sharing your letter to him on this very difficult day. John is especially in my thoughts today, and I hope you are able to feel his love and warmth as he smiles down on you from above. Happy birthday to a very intelligent, witty, and deeply special man.

Cataholic
06-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Happy Birthday, Dear Jonza! I had such respect for you, I would immediately search out any post you posted. And, of course, the Fister stories were priceless. Today is the day we honor you specifically, for your life, your accomplishments, but, most importantly, for the love we have for you. May Randi be comforted knowing you are at peace, waiting for her and Fister.

Randi, tender hugs for you right now at this most difficult time.

Love,
Johanna

Corinna
06-27-2005, 08:49 AM
All I can say is ditto every one has said it all. Glad you are doing well Randi.

slick
06-27-2005, 09:15 AM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!
John, I never knew you that well, but since your passing, I've gone back to read your stories and view the links that Randi has sent me, and now I have a sense of what a wonderful and talented person you were/are. I just know that there one heck of a partee going on right now so have fun!

Oh yes, and one other thing, thanks for watching over Randi for us. She's such a special lady...well, I guess you already know that. :)

{{{hugs}}} Randi
luv
slick xoxo

lbaker
06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
It's been 5 years since my life partner died and I still laugh and cry on those special days. You never forget of course and it always feels as though a part of your heart is missing. But never forget that the part that remains is now a part of him added to your heart, not taken away.

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Randi

John, wherever you are, have a fine day today!

You will never be forgotten, for you were one of a kind,
and you have certainly left your mark on this planet!

;)

Well said, Randi.

And YES, John, we all DO really *miss* you!!
Happy Birthday!!

{{{Hugs}}} to you, Randi!

/s/ Phred

Karen
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Jonza is surely gathering stories to tell you when you rejoin him some day. His sense of humor and care and his love for Fister and you will always be a part of Pet Talk, as well as a part of everyone who knew him.

Randi
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I've scanned a photo of John - one I took shortly after we met. :)

I'm not very familiar with the scanner, so it could probably be sharper, but ...

aly
06-27-2005, 09:27 AM
John was a true asset, not only to PT, but to the world. I know he is terribly missed by so many people, including me. I hope his spirit is flying free and happy on this day, and for eternity. Happy birthday, John!

*hugs* to Randi

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 09:28 AM
I remember liking John's posts.....what a wonderful tribute. What a man he must have been. :)

moosmom
06-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Randi,

What a wonderful tribute to John. Although we've only known each other through cyberspace, I feel like I've known you for a long time!

John was a wonderful man with a great spirit and a sense of humor to match! But, behind every good man is a great woman. Never forget that, Randi!

Happy Birthday, John! We miss you!!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Donna and furkids

Killearn Kitties
06-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Happy Birthday Jonza!

I always enjoyed your posts and I smile now when I see your name come up on an old thread. You added so much to this board and we miss you still. We will take the best care of Randi for you that we can.

I remain sorry that I never met you. You would have liked our house, full of cats and F1 stuff. :D

I might go back and read a few of your fearsome jokes now, in honour of the occasion. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Happy Birthday, John!!

What a lovely tribute, Randi. I can only imagine what you have gone through in the last 4 months, but I am glad that you posted this so we can all celebrate John's birth and life with you. I didn't know him well - only through his PT posts and from what you, Barbara and Sara have told me - but I miss him too. I always read and re-read and re-re-read his posts. They were always so much fun.

{{{hugs}}} to you as you remember your sweetheart on his birthday. :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Happy Birthday John.....travel well.....

Albea
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Happy birthday, John!
This is a day to celebrate the fact that we knew you, your sense of humor, and all your other qualities that made you such a great person.
Hope to meet you some day at the Bridge...
Hugs to you, Randi.

flamepony12
06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Happy Birthday John!!

What a beautiful tribute, Randi. (((HUGS)))

John, you are deeply missed, and will always be in our hearts and thoughts. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Happy Birthday John!

You are missed a great deal by Pet Talk!

Every morning during prayers, I ask God to tell you HI, and that PT misses you. I hope you are getting the messages! Give all my fuzzies there with you a hug from me, ok?

ramanth
06-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Happy Birthday John. You are missed.

Randi, that was such a sweet tribute. *HUGS*

RobiLee
06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Happy Birthday, John.

That was a lovely letter, Randi. Special hugs for you on this difficult day.

lizbud
06-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Happy Birthday John. You are greatly missed around here sir.
I hope your heart rests easy now that you are able to look down
on us from heaven's view. It was a pleasure to meet you through
your posts on Pet Talk. Hugs & best wishes Randi & Fister.

NoahsMommy
06-27-2005, 01:20 PM
A special letter for a special man. Happy Birthday, Jon! We miss you! I hope you're having a wonderful day today.

Lots of hugs and love to you, Randi. It must be a bittersweet day. Its nice to see you remembering him like this. :)

rg_girlca
06-27-2005, 01:39 PM
What a special tribute to a special, well loved man.

Happy Birthday John.

((((((HUGS)))))) Randi.

Sus
06-27-2005, 01:44 PM
- wherever you are... I miss you too, you know! I never got to know you as "Jonza" on Pet Talk, but then I consider myself to be very lucky that we were acqainted in real life. :)

Thank you for always being such a nice guy when I came by to say hi to Randi, I always felt welcome! Strange as it may be, I've always felt sorry, that I didn't get to say goodbye. :( - but how are we to know when is the last time we will ever see someone?

I'm sorry, you had to leave us. I know, Randi misses you. I'll go call her in a little while. See you some day! ;)

Lots of love for you, Randi, on this difficult day.

Sus

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2005, 02:03 PM
What a beautiful tribute to John, Randi!! It is obvious how much you two loved each other! This day surely brings mixed feelings in your heart; gratitude for everything you had together, sorrow for the fact that he isn't around anymore... . I admire you Randi for being so strong!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!! I am sure you have a blast of a party there, together with all our RB- pets :)

{{{{{{{{ HUGS TO YOU, RANDI }}}}}}}}

popcornbird
06-27-2005, 02:48 PM
{{{hugs}}} to you, Randi.

John is so deeply missed here on PT. I often go back and remember his posts, and how much I enjoyed them. He was such a thoughtful, insightful, and kind man, and he's missed by all of us, here on PT.