PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

slleipnir
06-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Do any of you have sleeping problems??

I seem to....For example, I went to bed a while ago, and here I am awake, and now surfing the web as I can't sleep. The sun is coming up...it's like almost 6am. I have to get UP in a few hours..it drives me mad. Anytime I have to get up for a specific time (esp. if I'm nervous) I CAN'T sleep. I have enough trouble sleeping to begin with.

What do you do to help this?

Also, I could sleep fine, and I'm ALWAYS tired...any idea here?

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Sounds sooo familiar to me!!

No matter what time I go to bed, I never fall asleep within one hour. MY hubby starts snoring as soon as he hits his pillow, and is no help at all (of course :rolleyes: ;) ).
So, I bought some ear-plugs at the drugstore. They are bright yellow. Just roll them between your fingers, and insert in earcanal.

Then I try to relax....... which usually does NOT work!

So, plan B!!

I get up, turn off the alarm, go to the kitchen, and walk a bit. I take a book or magazine, and do some reading. In the meantime, I warm up a mug of milk with lots of honey :p . About half hour later, I go back to bed, and try again. his works mostly!

SUCCESS!!!! (or look for plan C ;) )

PS. Oops, don't forget to turn the alarm back on :D

Giselle
06-27-2005, 04:11 AM
I have sleeping problems. It's 2 AM over here and I'm surfing the web as well. :( It sucks because I would sometimes go to sleep at 5/6 AM and would oversleep until 1/2 PM when I realize I'm late to my appointments. I usually go to sleep around 12 AM if I'm lucky. I've tried everything: getting up out of the bed and walking around/reading a book, listen to soft music before bed, exercising well before bedtime, trying to achieve natural fatigue, but all to no avail. *sighs* It's 2:30 AM, now :rolleyes:

slleipnir
06-27-2005, 04:18 AM
It's 6:30 here..I'm still awake :(! I NEED to sleep too, cause I'll be going all day..

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Forgot to tell that is is 11.30 am here. I didn't sleep much last night either. But I am in a good mood: we will drive to the coast this afternoon!! Yippie!!! Better get that picknick ready!

Vette
06-27-2005, 06:18 AM
I have sleep issues too.
its currently 4:18Am right now,, yet here i am...

for as long as i can remeber,, i havent been able to fall asleep at noral hours.. it was a real pain the butt when i was in school as i never feel asleep before 1:00.. no matter what i did. but now im going to bed at 4:00(or try to)

luckily im not in school anymore,, and im 23 and no one can tell me when to go to bed.. :p

generaly when i go to bed at 4AM i can fall asleep pretty quick most of the time... but i gave up trying anytime before then.

moosmom
06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
I have sleep issues, but they're due to menopause. Since I started working full-time, I have NO problem getting to sleep. But there were times when no matter how long I laid in bed, I couldn't get to sleep.

I've found that drinking pop (especially one with caffeine in it) or eating spicy foods before bed has something to do with insomnia.

I'd talk to your doctor. Maybe he has some relaxation techniques you can use.

Anita Cholaine
06-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I have problems to sleep, sometimes. The thing is that at night Im to awake to sleep, so I stay all the night without sleeping, and during the day, I cant even stand up, cause Im very tired.

During night I cant just stop thinking, I always have things around my head, so that's why I cant sleep.

Its 3 pm now, and Im completely tired...

Palomino21
06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
My sleep problem is completely different. I can sleep all day long and all night long. However, there have been a few times when I can stay up all day and all night and still not be able to fall asleep. I've heard that depression can cause sleep problems. I kind of think thats true.

gemini9961
06-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I couldn't sleep last night either but I know why. I slept mostly all day Sunday because I work overnight and I got into bed at about 9am Sunday morning and slept till about 5pm that night. When I went back to bed at about 9pm, I slept till about 1am this morning and I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up and I have been up ever since. It's now 3:23pm. Hopefully, tonight I'll sleep.

Randi
06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
I have problems sleeping too. :(

A regular rhythm is a good thing, I'm sure. And getting at least 1 hour's excersise and fresh air daily also helps - in fact, being physically active, so you get tired is what does it for most people, both for your own well being and to help you sleep. Did I say that!! :rolleyes: But it's true! ;)

Other than that, it's a bad idea to eat chocolade, spicy food, smoke cigarettes and drink coffee/coca cola in the evenings.

Before you go to sleep, it's important to wind down - read, drink a cup of camomille tea, or as Lut suggested, hot milk with honey (Ewww, I hate it.)

If everything fails, I occasionally take half a sleeping pill - the ones which work for 4-5 hours. My doctor told me she gives them to people who wants to take a nap on a long flight. They contain Zopiclone.

Goodnight, sleep well! :)

Jadapit
06-27-2005, 03:35 PM
I have problems sleeping all the time!:( I dont remember the last time I slept for eight hours straight. I take Melatonin sometimes.
It does help me fall asleep. It's an herb. It's supposed to help promote healthy sleep patterns.

Kfamr
06-27-2005, 03:42 PM
What's this "sleep" word you all are talking about? :confused:

slleipnir
06-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
What's this "sleep" word you all are talking about? :confused:

I duno, but I wish I did

popcornbird
06-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Schlepy. Its beddie bye time for you. Go to sleep. ;):p