PDA

View Full Version : Starr's Getting Neutered Tomorrow

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Hi, my future baby kitten Starr is getting neutered tomorrow. He's also getting microchipped, tested for FELV, and will have another fecal smear test since he's currently on Albon for coccidia. Please send him some prayers and positive thoughts. I'm sure that everything will go well and if so I'm going to be picking him up this Thursday evening.:)
If he still has coccidia, I'm prepared to still bring him home and I'll keep him separated from my other cats. I called my vets office and they said that sometimes kittens will reinfect themselves because they're messy and that he'd recover faster by being by himself. My other cats can only get coccidia by sharing the same litter box or by licking his bottom if it's dirty. His foster mom will also be giving me some Albon to take with me in case he needs it. Stress can also cause coccidia to return. I've also made an appointment for him this Sat. morning for an exam and another fecal flotation. I sure hope that everything will go well. Thanks in advance.

furrykidsmother
06-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Good thoughts and prayers heading Starr's way! Hope all goes well. Please keep us posted.

catlover4ever
06-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Sending those positive vibes right away for one of the newest members of the PT community. I hope all turns out well with Starr.

jenluckenbach
06-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Good luck Starr. I can't wait until you are in your NEW home!

NoahsMommy
06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Todays the day for our baby boy Starr!!

Lots of prayers and good wishes everything goes well and Thursday will hurry up and get here. :)

Can't wait to see him in his furrever home!

kuhio98
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Sending good thoughts your way. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Yippie, the "home-coming-day" is coming really close now!! Cannot wait to see him getting comfortable in his new forever-home!!

Good luck tomorrow, little Starr!!

Logan
06-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Tracey, every time I look at his precious little face in your signature, I wonder if that's how Butter looked as a kitten. :)

I know you are so excited!!! :) I hope everything will work out just the way you want it to. :D

Logan

Killearn Kitties
06-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Hope you're feeling OK tonight Starr. Can't wait to see pictures of your cute little self in your new home. :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Well things didn't work out exactly as expected but I still want to bring him home this Thursday evening. Here's what his foster mom e-mailed me:

I dropped Starr at the shelter this morning and just called to check on him. They aren't going to neuter him today - he's a double crypt-orchid (which means that neither of his testicles have descended). This creates a surgical complication and they don't want to take any risks with Starr. It's not that uncommon and sometimes they do neuter, but I told you they are always extra careful with my babies. They said you can take him home and bring him back for his surgery once he is descended which could be 2-3 months. I can't believe I didn't notice this, it's something I've always caught on other kittens. I think I was so focused on his weight and it's easy to tell he's a boy kitty, so nothing caught my eye.

My husband has told me to let you know that his dog, Beau, was a double crypt-orchid so he thinks he's supposed to keep Starr! I told him you'd kick his butt!

I've started adding the pumpkin again because the litter box was a mess after just one day without it. So, I doubt the coccidia is cleared up yet. I'll leave it up to you whether you'd like to get him this week or wait a little longer to let him clear up some more.

Just let me know what you'd like to do.

I feel that the longer she keeps him the harder it's going to be for her to let him go. She's told me before that both she and her husband have fallen in love with him but she knows that she can't keep him. I also think that the coccidia will clear up more quickly if he's kept by himself.

AmberLee questioned me about whether he was a boy or not because she couldn't see anything down there either. I was going to ask his foster mom about it but forgot to. I was also thinking that maybe he was a girl instead of a boy. I'm going to call his foster mom and let her know that I still want to bring him home as planned and I'm also thinking about taking Friday off so I can spend more quality time with him. Thanks again everyone.:)

Edwina's Secretary
06-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Go and get him!!!

catmandu
06-27-2005, 08:23 PM
STARR,IS SUCH A WONDERFUL CAT,THAT I WOULD CROOSS AMINE FIELD,FOR A CHANCE,TO HAVE SUCH A GORGEOUS CAT,AS MY VERY OWN.WHAT A WONDEROUS CAT TO BE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture503.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-28-2005, 01:18 AM
I had a long talk with Starr's foster mom and I told her that I definitely want to pick him up Thursday night. She forgot to have him microchipped and tested for FELV so she'll have this done by Thursday. He did receive his last kitten shot today so he'll only need his rabies shot as soon as he's old enough. AmberLee will be riding down with me so now I'll be able to pick him up sooner because we'll be able to ride in the commuter lane.:) I can't wait to have him in my home.:D

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 08:11 AM
Sorry, things didn't go as planned, but I have heard of that too and I don't think it is that uncommon. Bring him home as soon as you can! We need lots of pictures and I am sure he is anxious to get settled in his new home.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Sorry things seem so messed up (no pun intended) but I'm glad you're still planning on picking him up. I agree that he'll do better without the big mess of all the kittens. I also would not be able to wait and would be just way too excited to wait.

I'm glad Amberlee is going with you too. It's always more fun to share the joy. :)

Can't wait for homecoming pictures!!! :D

AmberLee
06-28-2005, 11:00 PM
"SHOTGUN!!!"