PDA

View Full Version : back from out herding weekend!

cali
06-27-2005, 12:27 AM
yup, we are back from the herding weekend, it was awsome! I swear the Happy listens to what people think she cant do and proves them wronge :rolleyes: I mean first it was "she will never be a flyball dog" currently she is one of the best around. then it was "she wont be able to do squat in herding because her sire does not have a lick of herding instinct" put on sheep and all these experienced sheep dog handlers, some trial, some teach, could not believe their eyes, the second she saw those sheep, she knew what to do, unlike most dogs she did not loose her commands, despite the draw of the sheep, my command still overrided her instinct, people were impressed with the control I had over my dogs lol and today she was doing mini outruns, working slow(good) keeping the sheep calm. it was funny, at first she was all worried about the dogs around her, but the second she saw those sheep she was like "dogs? what dogs?" lol

Misty was a chicken at first, and did not want to leave my side, so virginia(the trainer I worked with today) gave me the stick and stood away because it was her that Misty was afraid of lol and after that Misty was willing to leave my side when I asked, what she really wants to do is hold the sheep, so I had to work on keeping her behind the sheep, I must say working with Misty I think I learned how to run backwards on rough terrain very well lol sheeo are fast little buggers and Misty is not a slow and steady worker like Happy, so I had to run backwards trying to outrun the sheep and watch Misty and block her when she tried to circle between me and the sheep, trying to beat Misty to the punch while running backwards, trying to avoid being knocked over my sheep, on uneven and slippery(it had rained) ground was exuasting lol

Blair...well my mom took him out on the sheep and basicly chased them down one at a time :rolleyes:

I got like 123 pictures, which I narrowed down to more then 100 lol to tomrow you can expect and picture landslide :p

gemini9961
06-27-2005, 12:36 AM
That's so great to hear. Sounds like you and the dogs are having fun. Keep up the good work. :)

bckrazy
06-27-2005, 12:45 AM
thats AWESOME! :) it sounds like both of your girls did really well!! I knew they would ;) I cannot wait for pics!

Oggyflute
06-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Not only did your pups perform well, but you had a marvelous time.:) Looking forward to the pics.

cali
06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
bump...