PDA

View Full Version : Yoga, anyone?

manda_moo87
06-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Has anyone ever taken yoga before? If so, what did you think of it? I'm considering taking it, as a friend of mine teaches it. From what I've heard its very relaxing. She's told me that after a session its feels like you've spent a day at the spa, lol. :)

slleipnir
06-27-2005, 12:15 AM
I've taken about 6 weeks of it. It's different from I thought, but I love it. I have found myself struggling to do some of the stuff (but then again, I have weak arms :o ) It has some times whne you gotta put effort into it...I find it a little hard sometimes, but it's also relaxing..somehow. I really like it

wolflady
06-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I just love yoga. It is good for so many reasons I can't even explain! :) I took a group Hatha Yoga class for quite some time, but since have just moved my practice to home. If you're interested in getting started, I think going to your friend's class would be a wonderful way to get started. Having someone teach you is definitely the best way because you can only learn so much from videos and such. An instructor will be able to tell if you are in position correctly or not and can even help adjust you so you know how a position is supposed to feel.

There are many different types of yoga. Some can be relaxing while others (like Bikram yoga) can be strenuous. In any case, it's definitely good for you:) Good luck! :D

**hugs**

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 12:47 AM
I like yoga, but, I love pilates! Both have benefited me tremendously, mentally and physically, when I've consistently done them. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2005, 02:42 AM
It is VERY relaxing!! I took lessons many years ago; every evening, after a session, I slept like a rose!!!
To bad I had to stop because of serious back-problems. Some of the exercises are not good for your back, so be careful.

manda_moo87
06-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give it a try, it sounds like exactly what I need.